Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't understand this at all -
James resigns conveniently after last nights board meeting. What a load of crock.

If it's truth - 3 ROUNDS to go. How ****ing selfish of him but not surprised.

If sacked - 3 rounds to go. How ****ing stupid.

Either way, I just don't get why now - it's bizzaro all over again

Anyone else loving the salty tears of certain journos and talkback callers.

Its as if essendon is a special footy club and hird is more than your average has been.

Lets hope they pay footy tax on his pay out, but given the tv moolah it makes you wonder why they invented a footy tax at all. Essendon spent up big and spent up some more dealing with the fallout, and theyre still shit

Essendon being the idiots they are sack hin now, costing the club $6m to ensure Hird keeps his mouth shut, when with the next 12 months they will be FUBAR and their playing list will still be torn to pieces and they could have removed Hird for free.

A waste of another wad of cash. Why stop now?

I hope Hird enjoyed his one and only ever job at an AFL club. WADA are going to cut off his balls...

James resigns conveniently after last nights board meeting. What a load of crock.

If it's truth - 3 ROUNDS to go. How ******* selfish of him but not surprised.

If sacked - 3 rounds to go. How ******* stupid.

SPOT ON - there is more to the resignation/sacking

Yeah very true we were a rabble once too,it's easy to have a laugh at it all but it reality it could happen to any team who have the wrong sorts at the club... Let's hope our administration will be in good shape for a long time cause when your down people still seem to kick you.

Back in 1996 the rest of them wouldnt even delay things while the team was playing finals because it would inconvenience the rest for the next season.

I have no sympathy, they can gagf

If it's truth - 3 ROUNDS to go. How ******* selfish of him but not surprised.

If sacked - 3 rounds to go. How ******* stupid.

It is basically impossible for the club to move on and plan for the future with Hird there. It gives them 3 extra weeks to find a replacement before the draft and they are going to have the toughest sales pitch in history with half the list facing two year bans. They need those three weeks. On the plus side it probably won't cost them any extra to sack him early given they would be forced into paying him that time already and the damage he is doing the club is growing larger every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is basically impossible for the club to move on and plan for the future with Hird there. It gives them 3 extra weeks to find a replacement before the draft and they are going to have the toughest sales pitch in history with half the list facing two year bans. They need those three weeks. On the plus side it probably won't cost them any extra to sack him early given they would be forced into paying him that time already and the damage he is doing the club is growing larger every week.
Except that if they had waited until WADA banned the players they might have had a reason to terminate his contract without paying him out. Great move by Hird to maximise his return on a disastrous career.

Its so he can leave with money to live off.

Smart move by Hird because he only had a month left to do it.
If Hird chooses to break a contract he wouldn't be entitled to anything unless he convinced the club his departure was mutually beneficial. Likely the club sacked him, offered to pay him out for his silence and they agreed to state publically Hird resigned.

SPOT ON - there is more to the resignation/sacking

I think he lost the players. He might not have lost Heppell and Stanton and a handful of other senior players, but I suspect Essendon were finally staring down the barrel of an exodus.

If it is true a player stated "why the %^$# would I want to play at this club" as they walked off the ground recently then Essendon have massive problems which run a lot deeper than anyone has let on.

You can hardly blame them either. If I were one of them I would looking at it thinking I am about to face a 2 year ban for no other reason than James Hird refused to do a deal, and refused to accept that anything happened when he knew along exactly what had happened.

Hird has completely screwed the players.

I think he lost the players. He might not have lost Heppell and Stanton and a handful of other senior players, but I suspect Essendon were finally staring down the barrel of an exodus.

If it is true a player stated "why the %^$# would I want to play at this club" as they walked off the ground recently then Essendon have massive problems which run a lot deeper than anyone has let on.

You can hardly blame them either. If I were one of them I would looking at it thinking I am about to face a 2 year ban for no other reason than James Hird refused to do a deal, and refused to accept that anything happened when he knew along exactly what had happened.

Hird has completely screwed the players.

did a player actually say that? wowee(BT style), hird is one dirty bastard his name is dirt forever...at least Voss can still hold his head high but hird, its like two train wrecks all mashed up together and nobody is getting out but him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back