Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How can anyone not inside the 4 walls of the club make an informed comment about the leadership of that club?

You see 2 hours of their week and miss the other 25 (averaged out over a year with all the holidays they get!).
Because Kornes played lots of AFL games for Portz Power so he knows everything there is to know about football. How dare you question his authority.

Yeah that wasn't a dive. It wasn't even a duck. Shuey was bolt upright the entire time. It was a shit tackle and high. I know it's been debated, but Polec didn't have to sling him to the ground by his neck. So, anyone who had a whinge about it is simply wrong.:)
Total shrug ... the exact thing they said would be called play on in the 2017 pre-season umpire update thingy.

JSelwood did it all year and got frees for it though.

Yeah that wasn't a dive. It wasn't even a duck. Shuey was bolt upright the entire time. It was a shit tackle and high. I know it's been debated, but Polec didn't have to sling him to the ground by his neck. So, anyone who had a whinge about it is simply wrong.:)

Well yeah, that particular one wasn't, Polec botched it big time. Doesn't make it any less funny though. And Shuey is still a diver.

You have not. You have not paid the Port Adelaide Enfield council a single cent.

You got gifted that land and never paid a cent for it and don’t pay council rates.

They did have such a great relationship with the Council that in 1976 they played their home games at Adelaide Oval!

Biggest spin merchants around - given their SANFL success they should have been a very sound club financially but weren't. Reason? Demographic and it is their demographic which still is a noose around them. It is the major reason their business plan fails and will continue to do so.

Now onto more important matters - Super Bowl 52.

They did have such a great relationship with the Council that in 1976 they played their home games at Adelaide Oval!

Biggest spin merchants around - given their SANFL success they should have been a very sound club financially but weren't. Reason? Demographic and it is their demographic which still is a noose around them. It is the major reason their business plan fails and will continue to do so.

Now onto more important matters - Super Bowl 52.

And the Magpies did the same in the early 00's, moving home matches against Norwood, Sturt and Centrals to Adelaide Oval.

Remember the first one against Centrals - a kid was walking around with an 'old currency/new currency' (the buzz phrases of the time with the Euro going in) sign, and someone from the Port cheer squad grabbed it and destroyed it!

You have not. You have not paid the Port Adelaide Enfield council a single cent.

You got gifted that land and never paid a cent for it and don’t pay council rates.

They do pay money to the council, but only a token amount because most all of the SANFL clubs have peppercorn agreements with the local councils.

For example Centrals pay $200 a year rent for Elizabeth Oval so whatever Port are paying to the Council for Alberton you would hazard a guess that it is under $1,000 a year.

This is why I laugh when the Port morons like beatsoff try and claim that the Crows are getting $1,000,000 of free rent a year. Once again they are too stupid to think about things before posting, I'm not really sure how they can justify that we're getting 1 million rent for free when they are only paying <$1,000 for Alberton.

#Portlogic

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the Magpies did the same in the early 00's, moving home matches against Norwood, Sturt and Centrals to Adelaide Oval.

Remember the first one against Centrals - a kid was walking around with an 'old currency/new currency' (the buzz phrases of the time with the Euro going in) sign, and someone from the Port cheer squad grabbed it and destroyed it!

I was at Alberton once and there was a massive pasty fight - pasties and all sorts of hot foods flying everywhere - it was their own supporters !

I left

Last edited:
They do pay money to the council, but only a token amount because most all of the SANFL clubs have peppercorn agreements with the local councils.

For example Centrals pay $200 a year rent for Elizabeth Oval so whatever Port are paying to the Council for Alberton you would hazard a guess that it is under $1,000 a year.

This is why I laugh when the Port morons like beatsoff try and claim that the Crows are getting $1,000,000 of free year a year. Once again they are too stupid to think about things before posting, I'm not really sure how they can justify that we're getting 1 million for free when they are only paying <$1,000 for Alberton.

#Portlogic
Have you been to Alberton?? I wouldn't be too keen on paying too much either

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

This is why I laugh when the Port morons like beatsoff try and claim that the Crows are getting $1,000,000 of free year a year. Once again they are too stupid to think about things before posting, I'm not really sure how they can justify that we're getting 1 million for free when they are only paying <$1,000 for Alberton.

#Portlogic

What they don’t understand or acknowledge, the licence fee Adelaide Football Club paid back to the SANFL was $4,375,000 more than the Port Adelaide Football Club and that was conditional to the rent the Adelaide Football Club would accrue over the first 25 years.

Over 50 years, 25 yerars between 1991 and 2016 and then 2017-2047. Thats ~$87,500 a year rent we actually pay to the SANFL as a rent.

So for them to say we don’t pay rent is just stupid and there can go **** a tree

#Portlogic

But many of our supporters used our rent deal to claim Trigg was a genius. So you've backanded a segment of our supporter base whilst slapping down Port supprters. Bravo.

But many of our supporters used our rent deal to claim Trigg was a genius. So you've backanded a segment of our supporter base whilst slapping down Port supprters. Bravo.

Anyone who ever thought Trigg was a genius needs a backhand anyway

What they don’t understand or acknowledge, the licence fee Adelaide Football Club paid back to the SANFL was $4,375,000 more than the Port Adelaide Football Club and that was conditional to the rent the Adelaide Football Club would accrue over the first 25 years.

Over 50 years, 25 yerars between 1991 and 2016 and then 2017-2047. Thats ~$87,500 a year rent we actually pay to the SANFL as a rent.

So for them to say we don’t pay rent is just stupid and there can go **** a tree

We also ended up footing the bill for the northern stand at Footy Park, Port never contributed a dime to it. Let's not forget that we also pay $400k a year to the SANFL to play in the comp while Port pay nothing.

Port also weren't lumbered with the same sub-license restrictions that the Crows had in relation to off field revenue.

Long and short of it is that we have been screwed for decades by the SANFL and this claim that Port supporters keep trying to make that the SANFL have somehow provided an unfair leg up to us is a completely fabricated lie.

Anyone hearing this ill informed dickhead tonight? Obviously missed our open session with player presentations a few weeks back. Which was free as well.
Can't say I heard him or have any intention to.

A waste of wavelength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back