Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson is our Captain???

Fog has had a very good year so I’m not sure what your issue is. IMO Fog showed us enough this year that he is an almost like for like replacement of Tex and he’s only going to get better with more games.

Season 2024 Totals​
GMKHBDMGGABTHOFFFACLCGI50R50AFSC
Total231658525011141151635017234484911,3481,553
I couldn’t disagree more

Fog should not be spoken in same sentence as Taylor Walker, who is an all time great

Tex Walker kicked 76 goals as an old man last season alone
True, and at the same stage in their careers Walker was a better player; indisputably.

Maybe we should wait see what Fogarty does in his seasons 13/14/15, if he lasts that long?
We will disagree on him
Yeah ok, no worries; it won't be the first time two blokes have disagreed widely on the merits of a particular player eg I think Brayden Cook is not up to AFL standard (also Gollant, fwiw). He's had 15 games this year and his stats and game day impact are underwhelming, but several posters in here think he has a future.
He's a delist for my money:
Overrated since day one..getting credit for being mediocre
Yeah, his first 4 years were mediocre, but 33/34/41 goals in his last 3 are much better and he had his best year in 2024. 41.16 would be happily accepted by any AFL Club. Hard to believe this is his seventh season but he's still only 24 (25 in September).

Mediocrity has been overvalued @ the Crows, for sure.
Murphy/McHenry/Jones ... say no more.
I reckon Fogarty was from the big-fish-little-pond world of junior footy. With legs like tree trunks and built like a brick shithouse (compare to, say, Jones/Sholl when they were drafted), Fogarty was used to throwing his weight around and shrugging off tackles until he hit the AFL world where many defenders are bigger'n him and smarter. Suddenly, he became a minnow in a world of sharks. It took him years to adjust, frustratingly.
Why so long? Dunno :think: :huh:.
Maybe ego, slow on the uptake (not too bright?), an inability to adjust/poor attitude, poor Coaching (let's face it, Nicks does not know what to do with talented kids), playing in a poorly performing side with a usually-beaten midfield and sloppy delivery, plus playing in Walker's shadow. <== that's no slight on Tex; if Fogarty and Walker are leading and clear and you've got the ball, who do you kick to?
I think this is from 2022 --- watch at 0.5 speed --- OK, it's a "highlight" but few players can do this:

Speaking of Tex, do you think he should play another year?

Thanks mate. I've had one before, should be okay. My biggest issue at the moment is that I'm feeling sick pretty much all the time anyway - hence why I'm going in for the colonoscopy!
The club has been giving you the shits?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back