Autopsy "The Flu Game" - Bulldogs dismantle Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

A really good win! Last week was really disappointing but I was willing to put it down as a mulligan because what they’ve been building over the previous month seemed to have some substance. Was really important that they had a strong bounce back this game and they produced in spades. Really need to add that consistency and can’t afford those drop off weeks like Brisbane.

Gave them an absolute bath in the midfield, lead by a supreme performance from Bont but ably assisted by Richards, Treloar and Libba. Bevo-level stubbornness from Longmuir to not give Bont any attention despite having Aish and Young who have performed the role in the past. Not putting a defensive forward on Dale despite having Banfield there also strange.

Loved the effort from our talls today. English hasn’t had a strong season but came to play today, thought he clearly got the better of Darcy. Lobb was awesome too. Said at half time that despite not kicking a goal that he was quite influential with his effort and presence and ended up getting rewarded in the second half. He was really good in the last month of last season too, when he wants to play he is a very good footballer but for whatever reason in 2/3s of his 150 games so far, he just doesn’t seem to want it.

A lot of positive signs though. Go into the bye in a good space. Shame we were so poor to start the season but think if the standard of the past five weeks is kept after the bye period that we will win more than enough games to make finals.

I just want to remind everyone that while Moses was standing on the edge of the Red Sea, right before he parted it, I said: “Oh wait, while I think of it, Bevo really needs to give Ed a run in the middle”. Moses turned to me, gave me a brief look of contemplation, nodded and said: “mmmm”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is entirely true, btw.

I was the Red Sea.

I just want to remind everyone that while Moses was standing on the edge of the Red Sea, right before he parted it, I said: “Oh wait, while I think of it, Bevo really needs to give Ed a run in the middle”. Moses turned to me, gave me a brief look of contemplation, nodded and said: “mmmm”

Yeah nice one.

My great, great, great aunt was there at the Big Bang and she has passed down that someone (unsure who) said that Ed Richards should be used as a midfielder. Baffling stuff

Yeah nice one.

My great, great, great aunt was there at the Big Bang and she has passed down that someone (unsure who) said that Ed Richards should be used as a midfielder. Baffling stuff

Been a lot of these claims made, most found to be baseless

Kingsley Hunter Cup presentation to take place imminently... 😆

Super happy with how we came out after the loss to Brisbane last week, it was absolutely the response everyone wanted and those that needed to step up really did when it counted.

Just hope we can maintain the hunger for a few weeks and not go into the game against North thinking they’ll just be pushovers. No time for complacency and hopefully this win will remind the boys exactly what they’re capable of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...but but Charlie Bucket said NO...

its unbelievable to think that we have Darcy and Astro to come back in.
I hate the idea of dropping Lobb. I actually prefer him to English.
I know this sh*ts people but I still reckon that Astro becomes our CFB. Really excited by the potential of this list.
Today I felt we lowered the eyes and hit the forwards on the lead instead of bombing on Naughtons head….

It’s the first time I’ve thought maybe he should go back…but then I hear he’s the number 1 rated forward…..I don’t know, so much choice

Really good team effort today led of course by Bont. I was getting really worried in the second half of Q3 and start of Q4 but we managed to get it back on our terms.

I was shaking my head after the game at the gulf between our best and worst, it's so frustrating and next to impossible to predict which team shows up.

With Darcy and Naughton to come after the bye it puts us in reasonable shape for the second half of the year and I think it's 50/50 on if we make finals.

Daniel was my only concern today, I just don't see a place in the team for him going forward and I don't see him as good sub either, I'd much rather someone like Garcia or Gallagher as the sub. He's really lacking confidence and even when we were dominating late in Q4 he made a couple of unforced errors.

Glad we ended up winning by the appropriate margin.

Was worried we’d only get them by 5 goals or so late in the 3rd and early in the last.

We deserved to win by as much as we did.

As Norm said, Bramble and Lobb deserve kudos today.

Two whipping boys but they had very good games.

Bontempelli is ridiculous.

Bye also coming at a good time for us - we’ve got some sore players for sure, rest them up, big month or so coming up for us.
Don’t forget the other whipping boy Gallagher

Just got home, absolutely buzzing. So insanely happy with the spread of contributors - Bramble, Lobb, Williams really stood out with their effort. English was clearly struggling and beaten up but kept at it with second efforts. I still felt nervous every time it entered into our defence but they help up pretty well - Khamis was caught out several times though and felt like a liability similar to last game vs the dockers. Overall - ecstatic!

I’m not gay or anything, but I get a hard-on whenever I see Rhylee West near the footy. He is a serious footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "The Flu Game" - Bulldogs dismantle Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back