Autopsy "The Flu Game" - Bulldogs dismantle Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaw dropping that was. Had to pinch myself to realise it wasn't a dream. We even capitalised in the last quarter and buried them.

For all the frustrations, the fact we put together a total and complete four quarter performance like that against a team that Selwood this week hailed as the greatest in the history of man (slight exaggeration) is phenomenal.

Bont. God-like. Can't say much more. The fact that man was beaten to a Brownlow by Wines is insane. He should have a few hanging around his neck by now. Anyways. Should have goal of the year if the judges are serious.

Lobb. Responded and played like he should play. That's all people want. Could have easily sulked in the corner for the rest of the year, so good on him.

The midfield was dominant. The forwards capitalised and clunked big grabs, the backs were composed. I just hope we can capitalise on this and go on. That performance was the benchmark surely.

can't drop Lobb off that but can we have English Darcy Lobb Jamarra Naughton in same team? loved seeing Richards with that dash at the end of the game firing bullets

can't drop Lobb off that but can we have English Darcy Lobb Jamarra Naughton in same team? loved seeing Richards with that dash at the end of the game firing bullets

Lobb has to come out eventually when both Darcy and Naughton are back.

I’m interested in who gets dropped for Darcy in a fortnight. Probably Daniel, with Scott moving to sub.

Was it me or did the boys lower their eyes way more going inside 50?
Felt like we had the direction across the whole ground not to waste our disposals, and to hold it in if there are no options. There were far fewer blind dump kicks. Was great to see. If we can put in that level of effort AND be clinical we could go far.

Vandermeer was good, but let himself down again with poor goalkicking - he plays a role, but I feel like people would be more forgiving if he just nailed a shots. Goalkicking accuracy is one of the more replacable elements of being a sub-six foot tall footballer.
Hmmmm, you must have watched a different game to me. He was poor again.
His kicking in general is bad, he is a poor decision maker and is not particularly fast.
The chase on Walker was an example of his average speed
He is also a faux tough guy similar to Zak Jones in that he likes to start ridiculous scuffles. He gives away dumb frees and 50s and really offers nothing. Plus a hairs breath from a hammy each week
It's weird he still gets selected automatically. I don't get it.

Was it me or did the boys lower their eyes way more going inside 50?
Good observation - we seemed to my eye to kick fewer high bombs inside 50.

And those that made the observation about team spirit and Lobb's role in that were spot on. Players mobbed Lobb at one point after he goaled and the joy on the players faces when a team mate scored was very obvious. You can almost feel it when a team is on the same page and happy and that's what we have right now. It's glorious!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And less Cartoon Vampire look

the munsters GIF

Hmmmm, you must have watched a different game to me. He was poor again.
His kicking in general is bad, he is a poor decision maker and is not particularly fast.
The chase on Walker was an example of his average speed
He is also a faux tough guy similar to Zak Jones in that he likes to start ridiculous scuffles. He gives away dumb frees and 50s and really offers nothing. Plus a hairs breath from a hammy each week
It's weird he still gets selected automatically. I don't get it.
Someone posted a while back that VDM has never been omitted. He has only gone out of the seniors with injury. Pretty stunning if correct.

Someone posted a while back that VDM has never been omitted. He has only gone out of the seniors with injury. Pretty stunning if correct.
I could be the only person on this board who is not stunned by his continued selection when fit. I feel there is a lot of confirmation bias at play with VDM. It's an opinion game so each to their own.

TL/DR. I'm very comfortable with his continued selection and always have been.

Ed Richards bullet to Lobb in the last minute was the perfect daisy-cutting pass to a forward. It should be copied into the text book.

I could be the only person on this board who is not stunned by his continued selection when fit. I feel there is a lot of confirmation bias at play with VDM. It's an opinion game so each to their own.

TL/DR. I'm very comfortable with his continued selection and always have been.
Laith is purely in the team for his speed/endurance combination.

Bevo loves the fact that he runs hard defensively to cover space and conversely on offense to create an outlet/outnumber situation. Maybe the worst setshot I've ever seen though.

How much do we think Lobb shaving his hair off had an impact on his performance?
It’s the bald truth that this was the mane reason for his improvement. Lock it in (*coif coif *).

Laith is purely in the team for his speed/endurance combination.

Bevo loves the fact that he runs hard defensively to cover space and conversely on offense to create an outlet/outnumber situation. Maybe the worst setshot I've ever seen though.
Reasonable summary. I think the offensive outlet he provides between wing and half forward is significantly under-valued here. He finds space regularly and goes I50 successfully to marking targets often from those situations. Not at 100% but he's Vandermeer not Vandermeerelli. Has a pretty penetrating kick too.

He could improve his set shot kicking no doubt.

Buku's positioning as a defender is awful. Not sure he knows how to read the play up the field. You see him out of position so often and unable to impact at all.
Has great athleticism but that alone won't be enough to make it.
I wonder what Buss isnt doing at VFL level for them to play Buku ahead of him. Buku is completely lost down back at AFL level. his intercept marking is his only trick, doesnt use his athleticism at all when ball hits the ground

Gallagher's 2 goals probably keep him in the side but he continues to make poor decisions with his disposal. The coaches obviously like his input and you can see he has potential but he's very much wearing L plates. I suppose it's about having tolerance for a developing young player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "The Flu Game" - Bulldogs dismantle Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back