The Footy Show - Sydney want Fev according to Hutchy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds to me like the Collingwood Footy Show is stirring the pot again. Has Hutchy ever got anything right? I suppose the Footy Show is an ideal forum for him. A group of guys clowning around, while pretending to be a Footy Show. Pretty well sums up Hutchy's quality of journalism.

:thumbsu:
i can not agree more mate!

Look, i have said this all along.

He can stay with us and sign, or leave as long as we are more than adequately compensated.

Either way i'll be happy. I'd love for him to stay but i see the pros and cons of both outcomes.

Having said that though i really doubt he'll be going anywhere.

Yeah but he has to accept that deal, He is giving me the shits a bit Fev, think he likes the attention.

you can't allow yourself to get involved in this. it happens in all sports; particularily soccer. fev has got to do what fev has to do. and i'm sure we all know the the blues are going to do what the blues need to do.
this will all be sweet.
:)

If he leaves I'll eat my hat. Hutchy deserves getting his head coloured in by Sam for stirring up this crap.

Funniest thing I've seen Sammy do since his return! :thumbsu: Hutchy acted surprised & all high n' mighty, I think he's starting to believe he's some sort of golden boy and above the rest!! Lighten up Hutchy it's the Footy Show!!!

• Sydney have a good record of taking players with attitude issues and straightening them out
  • Fevola is loving the attention
  • If he left it would be as someone said here recently the biggest dog act of all time
  • Don't kid yourself Fevola bleeds blue - Fevola bleeds Fevola
  • He would no doubt consider a move north as cleaning the slate somewhat - in simple language it's known as running away from your problems, the biggest one being of course that they tend to follow you
  • If he goes, Icke and Swann have pretty much failed the club
  • Even if we lost him and gained Brown how has this resolved our forward-line issues?
  • I'll be white-hot angry if he does this to us after the shit he has put us through

I am struggling to think what we could potentially offer, given we are likely to contest a top 4 position by seasons end :confused:

It'd take a lot. I doubt draft picks get it done. A 3-way trade with Brisbane if Brown wants to leave might work:

Sydney get Fev
Carlton get Brown and pick 28
Brisbane get draft picks 8 and 12 and a player from Sydney.

I wouldn't be all that upset if we lost Fev if we got a decent return. That trade above would make us a lot better in the long run. Fev is a great player, but he's all about Fev when it comes to it.

Fevola clams up on contract talks

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/fevola-clams-up-on-contract-talks-20080703-31dq.html

Carlton full-forward Brendan Fevola has refused to discuss his ongoing contract talks amid a report he is being pursued by rival AFL club Sydney.

The Swans are keen to offer Fevola a four-season contract worth $3 million, the Nine Network's The Footy Show reported.

It reported the Swans had already approached Fevola and were keen to trade aggressively because they identified the forward as a major priority.

Fevola, who is still in contract talks with the Blues, initially denied he had spoken with Sydney.

But he then refused to discuss the matter.

"I'm not going to talk about my contract," he said.

"I'm sick of talking about my contract, Carlton's sick of talking about my contract."

Fevola, 27, is enjoying a great season, as his 61 goals has him second on the league goal kicking table, behind Hawthorn's Lance Franklin (66).

• Don't kid yourself Fevola bleeds blue - Fevola bleeds Fevola

Spot on.

I love the bloke and would love to see him stay and be a part of the Blues on the up and up but Fev will look out for himself first. Don't get me wrong, all sports people are entitled to try and get the best deal for themselves and certainly Fev and his management will wrangle every penny they can out of any possible suitor. If the club is willing to meet his needs/wants he will stay. However I won't be putting all my faith in the romance of him staying with the Blues as an act of loyalty. If he gets what he wants he'll stay. If he was staying because he wanted to put the club first the deal would already be done and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me thinks Fev's manager is just using Sydney as leverage to negotiate. Shrewd. ;)

Fev's not going anywhere. :D

exactly, clever ploy to bump his contract to the amount of years that fev wants.

fev wouldnt leave the blues. its the same tactic used by out of state players who near the end of their contract. they always seem to talk to collingwood or carlton just to get their next contract with their current club bumped up.

sydney has recruited some big names in terms of everitt hall lockett. its scare tactics used against the blues to make sure they give fev what he wants so that he isnt added to that list.

What worries me is that a few weeks ago when Fev was asked about his contracts he would say that ideally he wants to stay a Blue. He would talk about how good we have been to him and he wants to finish his career at Carlton.

Now, he isnt mentioning this at all. All he is saying is "I dont want to discuss my negotiations."

I have a bad feeling about this one...and to anyone who thinks it has pros. Stop kidding yourself. Fev is an absolute gun. Although his attitude at times stinks, it is counteracted by how good he is. Unless we are compensated with a Brown, Frankilin, Pavlich or Riewoldt type , it would be a MASSIVE blow for us.

P.S If he leaves, I will also have to change my big footy name ;)

Good...I hope you blokes get stitched up just like we did with the Judd deal, and I hope you get nothing for him just like you gave us for Judd, I can see some justice coming for your club...........now you blokes will know what it is like when you are on the receiving end of this crap!:eek:

Fev is a wonderfully talented footballer, and a tool of a bloke.

It would not surprise me if he shafted the Blues and made a jump to Sydney. I bet his wife would like it up there, for one thing.

Yes, I want to keep Fev, because gun forwards like him don't grow on trees. What's equally important, though... if Fev decides he's going, we fleece Sydney for 2-3 key pieces and/or phenomenal draft picks.

Good...I hope you blokes get stitched up just like we did with the Judd deal, and I hope you get nothing for him just like you gave us for Judd, I can see some justice coming for your club...........now you blokes will know what it is like when you are on the receiving end of this crap!:eek:

if we gave you nothing for the Judd deal then give us nothing aka Kennedy back!!!

i'll be more than happy taking nothing back!!!

No forward, money hungry or not, with [judd + Stevens + Murphy + Gibbs] kicking it to them and only getting better will ever leave the club.

frankly I am pretty pissed with Fev, selfish prick! The team is flying; we don’t need this trade talk. Take a leaf out of the Melbourne Storms' book, apart from a couple most have re-signed for less - they are a UNIT, they won’t to play together, they realise their apart of a successful young team! To any outsider and I would hate to think what some of the younger players are thinking, right now it totally looks like the blues are divided in 2. 1 = Fev & 2 = the rest! Why doesn’t he just put pen to paper????

My gut feeling is not good, the longer the delay the more likely he’ll go! Fev for Christ sake, fu ck your hungry management and sign! No one can stop you if you really want to sign!

Fev - the blues are going forward with you or without you!!

Firstly, Fev has new management and no doubt they are trying to impress him with their bargaining skills.

Secondly, Sydney would have to delist half their team to fit him in. Why did they get rid of Schneider and Dempster? I thought it was to make room in the salary cap?
So who is leaving?

What could they possibly offer.

Fev would demand two first round picks minimum, and one of those would need to be a top 3 pick IMO.

So where will they get this?
Forget him going there for nothing - he won't get through to them in the PSD.......wouldn't get past pick 1, so its deal up or forget it.

The fact is........this, like always.......will be an ambit claim. A story generated by Fev's management as we near the pointy end of contract discussions, just to add the cherry to the pie.

We, the club, being smart, will have been waiting to add the cherry until we were forced to.

That's how these things work.

Fev should stay and we will be happy.

If he goes we will also be happy because we will add another 2 supertstar youngsters to an already bright list........OR we maybe just make room in the cap to have a big crack at Brown........maybe on-trading the first round picks.

We can't lose.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Footy Show - Sydney want Fev according to Hutchy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back