Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you believe she WANTED to come, but I skilfully (and diplomatically) negotiated a trip into town today and she’ll go shopping this afternoon while I go to the game with a mate 🤗

Just know I’m copping one for the team today (as her shopping will cost me dearly! 🙁)
If we win it will all be worth it!

Oh it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen

Shocked Steve Harvey GIF

I would die for Heath Grundy and Nick Smith.

Saw Peter Bedford this morning in a cafe in Albert Park. Wearing a Swans cap and dressed in short and Tee Shirt, he looks very fit for 77. Brilliant sportsman and a good natured guy.
Still played some cricket last year . Really one of the nicest people you will ever meet

Greg Stafford leaving the Demons as forwards coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naismith said this year is his best ever in footy , not 1 thing about the club that looked after him for years
I noticed that too in his speech. Could barely bring himself to even mention the club - I think he might have said Sydney once. Did he leave on bad terms? Possibly felt we didn't support him enough through his injuries and the personal tragedy? Or just that he was giving his retirement speech to his Richmond team mates?

When I read this article - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1201941...-naismith-retires-after-another-horror-injury - I noticed that Sam called this last year the most enjoyable of his football career. However, when I see the whole speech in context:

I am not offended. He explains all the hardship he endured while he was with us (due to both injury, death of family members, and struggles with mental health) and he was farewelling his teammates at the Richmond Football Club so it made sense. I don't infer that he doesn't value or appreciate his time with us. And it remains to be seen who he will support in retirement. He came pretty close to winning a flag with us, being a member of the cheated 2016 GF team.

Go well Cray! Great heart, great humour.

When I read this article - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1201941...-naismith-retires-after-another-horror-injury - I noticed that Sam called this last year the most enjoyable of his football career. However, when I see the whole speech in context:

I am not offended. He explains all the hardship he endured while he was with us (due to both injury, death of family members, and struggles with mental health) and he was farewelling his teammates at the Richmond Football Club so it made sense. I don't infer that he doesn't value or appreciate his time with us. And it remains to be seen who he will support in retirement. He came pretty close to winning a flag with us, being a member of the cheated 2016 GF team.

He seems like a really great person appears to have made a big impact in such a short time. What a rough few years for him.

But did you notice how he could barely even say Sydney (I think he said it once) or acknowledge that he played for us? I don't know, as a Swans supporter, it seem like the elephant in the room, especially given we stood by him for so long, waiting for him to come good. If you had no idea who he had played for, you would not have known he spent the vast majority of his career at the Swans (injured).

But did you notice how he could barely even say Sydney (I think he said it once) or acknowledge that he played for us? I don't know, as a Swans supporter, it seem like the elephant in the room, especially given we stood by him for so long, waiting for him to come good. If you had no idea who he had played for, you would not have known he spent the vast majority of his career at the Swans (injured).
I'd agree with you if he were on fox footy or a podcast or some other form of media, but he was speaking directly to his Richmond team mates.

Spent the evening at a function in Brisbane where spida was MC'ing so caught up with him for a chat. Really nice down the earth guy. Shame he said he's a Saints supporter these days.

Gary Rohan has confirmed he suffered a fractured skull in the VFL yesterday and will undergo surgery

This year’s J.A Grogan Medallist, goes to Palm Beach Currumbin’s Tom Hickey 👏

The dominant ruckman of the QAFL, Tom finished the season with some impressive stats; number one in the competition in clearances with a massive 206, number one for contested possessions with 332, and second in hit outs with 707.

Congratulations Tom!

FB_IMG_1725828022331.jpg

This year’s J.A Grogan Medallist, goes to Palm Beach Currumbin’s Tom Hickey 👏

The dominant ruckman of the QAFL, Tom finished the season with some impressive stats; number one in the competition in clearances with a massive 206, number one for contested possessions with 332, and second in hit outs with 707.

Congratulations Tom!

View attachment 2105518
Forever our Ruck Jesus. Altered the direction of our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back