Society/Culture The Gender Pay Gap

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't saying a majority were rapists. He had given a couple of specific examples of women acting in a manner he defined as sexualizing women, as proof that all women did that.

I was pointing out I could come up with examples of men talking online about women in a derogatory or "rapy" manner. And applying his logic, this means all men are like that.

He denied this sort of thing ever happened.

I am now merely pointing out, we know it happens, because rape happens, and men who rape are merely a subset of men who talk like they would like to be rapists.

Capeesh?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

So #notallmen and #notallwomen?

Exactly.

The difference being, if your a man and you base your life on the assumption that a woman is not a **** until proven otherwise, you might miss out on some cheap sex.

If your a woman and you base your life on the assumption that a man isn't a rapist until proven otherwise, the proof may be him raping you.

I think it’s a good thing, basically providing a way for men who probably don’t have many close friends to connect, and in a positive way from what I can tell.
While I agree, there's a reason Ghost went for that particular assumption. There's on occasion a bit of an undercurrent in men's sheds sometimes that wouldn't be real pretty if exposed in open light.

But then, I've been pretty open in the past about how something unhealthy - alcohol - is worth what it allows men to do under the system we current live within, that being patriarchal capitalism.

While I agree, there's a reason Ghost went for that particular assumption. There's on occasion a bit of an undercurrent in men's sheds sometimes that wouldn't be real pretty if exposed in open light.

But then, I've been pretty open in the past about how something unhealthy - alcohol - is worth what it allows men to do under the system we current live within, that being patriarchal capitalism.

In what respect? I read a report a while back which referred to a far right group trying to infiltrate a men's shed or something, I tried googling but couldn't find anything, think it was last year.

I've been pretty open in the past about how something unhealthy - alcohol - is worth what it allows men to do under the system we current live within, that being patriarchal capitalism.
Dance to Taylor Swift?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what respect? I read a report a while back which referred to a far right group trying to infiltrate a men's shed or something, I tried googling but couldn't find anything, think it was last year.
Men are the least likely to get with the times; if the Overton Window shifts, men are the least likely to get on board. You'll hear the N word sometimes, first nations referred to as abbos, women objectified and sexualised by men who should know better and who are really too old to be objectifying the specific women in question.

It's not healthy, maintaining these behaviours when expressing them means social rejection.
Dance to Taylor Swift?
Only when she's got bad blood.

I am also a massive softie for the key change in Romeo and Juliet, because it's the only part of the song that really leans into the tragedy of it.

Men are the least likely to get with the times; if the Overton Window shifts, men are the least likely to get on board. You'll hear the N word sometimes, first nations referred to as abbos, women objectified and sexualised by men who should know better and who are really too old to be objectifying the specific women in question.

It's not healthy, maintaining these behaviours when expressing them means social rejection.

I guess it depends on how you look at it, you're probably not wrong in what you say. But I'm guessing most of the blokes who go are 60+ and not changing the way they are, I guess instead of "fixing" them Men's Shed seems to try to take them as they are and give them some sort of network and purpose.

Generations of blokes are changing I reckon but it happens slowly, but there are lots of blokes out there who need help now, that's why I like the idea of Men's Shed, well one reason anyway.

I guess it depends on how you look at it, you're probably not wrong in what you say. But I'm guessing most of the blokes who go are 60+ and not changing the way they are, I guess instead of "fixing" them Men's Shed seems to try to take them as they are and give them some sort of network and purpose.

Generations of blokes are changing I reckon but it happens slowly, but there are lots of blokes out there who need help now, that's why I like the idea of Men's Shed, well one reason anyway.
That is part of why I said that the following:
Sometimes, men need that safe space, that element that shows them they're accepted, that pretext for necessary relationship building. They need the unhealthy to get to the healthy. The tradeoff is worth it, provided they're not actively hurting someone else in the moment.

It's still not good, mind.

That is part of why I said that the following:
Sometimes, men need that safe space, that element that shows them they're accepted, that pretext for necessary relationship building. They need the unhealthy to get to the healthy. The tradeoff is worth it, provided they're not actively hurting someone else in the moment.

It's still not good, mind.

Fair enough, I get what you're saying.

Yeah, there are regional variations. Really depends which area manager or Grandwizard is running them.

View attachment 1752715

did learn that that in british it;s an insult though

View attachment 1752731

refering to posters with dehumanizing terms like dogs? Really? Is that acceptable behaviour on this board now? Yes or no?

we shouldnt be calling each other anything let alone dehumanizing terms. Can we do better? Stick to argument alone. Is that too much to ask?

There is zero reason why he went that way as I wasnt making any statement in defence of men or women. it was only the logic of the comparison i was disagreeing with. I literally typed I wasnt defending the initial posters point in my initial post. how more obvious can I make it?

There is zero reason why he went that way as I wasnt making any statement in defence of men or women. it was only the logic of the comparison i was disagreeing with. I literally typed I wasnt defending the initial posters point in my initial post. how more obvious can I make it?
My comment was more about the nature of men's sheds than your post, Seeds.

refering to posters with dehumanizing terms like dogs? Really? Is that acceptable behaviour on this board now? Yes or no?

we shouldnt be calling each other anything let alone dehumanizing terms. Can we do better? Stick to argument alone. Is that too much to ask?

Hahahaha 😂

He didn't though.
what? He called me a silly term which he shouldnt do regardless of it being dehumanizing or not cos its just childish. Then for some reason he decided to clarify what he meant by that term and that was dog and grotesque human. You cant defend that.

Edit - oh sorry it wasnt dog it was creature with the example of a creature being dogs. Thats no different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture The Gender Pay Gap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back