Autopsy The gentle dogs go down in a thriller

Remove this Banner Ad

A very very young inexperienced team out there tonight. We are not strong enough to have so many injured or suspended. Our boys weren’t strong enough for their men. They were off their second bye and ran us off our legs. I think we’ll be ok, they have a hardened, well drilled group, they’ve been down but they’re too good to be down too long. They were moments off a premiership 9 months ago.
Jed Busslinger must now come in. Like Cleary’s balance would be helpful too. Libba wasn’t back to his best yet.

Got to be some answers to this second bye before we even get one rubbish. How many teams have had two byes before we've had one? Not the difference tonight, but disgustingly unfair, but hey, that's the AFL for you.

Brisbane had better team work, better mindset, better structures, were too tall, too fast, too physical, better positioned, better coached, handled the ball far more cleanly, exerted enormous pressure on our ball carriers all night and outpointed us in nearly every stat. Apart from that it was a pretty close game.

I can't think of a single positional winner anywhere on the ground but maybe if I read through the team list I'll find one or two.

The umpires had nothing to do with it so please let's not make that excuse. We were lucky to get away with just a 43 point loss.

Last edited:
Meh, second string side gets shown up as a second string side.

In other startling news:

Water is wet and the universe is expanding at 67 kilometres per second.

Come on. We have to have better standards than this.

It wasn’t Sydney at the SCG, it was ****ing Brisbane at Marvel. Who have won four games all season and have been beaten by any serious team.

I’m so fed up with what passes for acceptable for this team. Tonight was ****ing abysmal.

I know it won't happen, but JUH needs a reality check.

The only time you see him, his got his hands in the air complaining

I've been a big fan of JUH, but since his been back, there has been a big drop off.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
At least JUH was competing tonight unlike Lobb

Come on. We have to have better standards than this.

It wasn’t Sydney at the SCG, it was ****ing Brisbane at Marvel. Who have won four games all season and have been beaten by any serious team.

I’m so fed up with what passes for acceptable for this team. Tonight was ****ing abysmal.
Who have won 9 of 11 at Marvel

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can some one tell Bramble - first option is the best option. FMD.

Maybe.

It would be better if a competent AFL match committee decided he shouldn’t play any games because he’s not good enough. Unfortunately I think we might be out of luck with the bulldogs.

Centre bounce - Neal by himself, Bont always manned up.

Seriously why leave their best clearance player to run around doing what he likes?
Why aren't there a million likes for this post?

The Berry tag and the Neale non-tag set them up for the night and we gradually lost confidence. This move alone gave the coaching points to Fagan. Comprehensively.

Who have won 9 of 11 at Marvel

Jfc. Really?

Even if we accept we might lost to Brisbane (which I would resist), should we lose this way?

I understand we all look at things differently. But if a bulldogs supporter looked at tonight positively I’d be concerned about them tbh.

I know it won't happen, but JUH needs a reality check.

The only time you see him, his got his hands in the air complaining

I've been a big fan of JUH, but since his been back, there has been a big drop off.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
Sam Darcy is moving past him rapidly. Remember last year when some commentators were lazy and said JUH had moved past Naughton! They had/have no idea. Naughton has missed the last two weeks but still got rated in Champion Data’s top10 in whole the league this season. Naughton and Darcy and the team will leave JUH in their wake if he doesn’t get fair dinkum.

Genuinely feel sorry for CD out there. Been such a good player and great clubman, but looks so lost out there atm. No position, can’t find the footy. Such a shame. Was a gun only a year ago.
Was ordinary last year. 2 years ago was playing some good footy

Jfc. Really?

Even if we accept we might lost to Brisbane (which I would resist), should we lose this way?

I understand we all look at things differently. But if a bulldogs supporter looked at tonight positively I’d be concerned about them tbh.
Nothing about accepting our performance. You were disparaging Brisbane away from home, they have a better record at Marvel. That is a simple fact

Agree, what do you think has happened?

Too small and too slow.

We used to have midfields who could cover for this and let him focus on delivering into I50. Unfortunately, our current midfield doesn’t have the attributes to support his very niche skill set

Remove this Banner Ad

Back