Autopsy The gentle dogs go down in a thriller

Remove this Banner Ad

Men v. Boys tonight. Also not sending someone to Lachie Neale who cannot handle a tag was just silly.

I don’t disagree. It should be a finals team imo.

I keep being told our list isn’t that great. Didn’t stop the pies winning a flag last year, but maybe it’s a complete lottery.

Makes me annoyed we can’t even make finals with a prime Bont.

I look at the teams in the 8 and think if Freo, GC, Essendon are in it with their lists, why can’t we?

The underperforming between 2017-2020 and since the 2021 GF has been so frustrating to watch.

I had to turn the game off in the 2nd quarter for my own mental health.

You could just tell that we had no game plan against this team and just no effort at all and most of our goals were out of luck.

This new holding the ball interpretation is awful. We get pinged so much now but then never get rewarded for the same action.

And I'm so sick of no bulldogs player ever taking responsibility for an opposing Mid who is killing us, yeah Bevo doesn't imply a tagged but you never see any of the players even actively trying to stop someone like Neale or Daicos last week.
Good post.

Feels like we constantly lose these games which would be statement wins since the 2021 GF.

Way too inconsistent, I know we have injuries but this was one that would have set up our season nicely.

Freo is a must win now.
When was the last time since 2021 that we have won more then 3 games in a row ? Our new name WBBP Western Bulldogs Bi polar

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big drop off in pressure between last week and this week. Mids got their pants pulled down.

Probably season over, just looking forward to getting more games into the kids and the 208cm monster that is Darcy. All about 2025 now.

West needs to play as a mid. Gallagher down back or on a wing.
Our small forwards are too slow so can’t get out the back - think that’s why we picked up the guy from North Adelaide last week.
And our mids are quick? Putting West in the middle is adding treacle to a mud pie

Joel Freijah will be a very good footballer. He was one of the few last night that I saw break a tackle with ball in hand.

Tim English just cemented why he will never get paid more than 800k per year. He was once again monstered by that hick McInerney.

Last edited:
Coaching delusion or arrogance.
Bont kicked a few but kept to 19 with the hard tag.

Neale with 38 and 2, allowed to do whatever the **** he wanted all game.

One of Bevo’s many blind spots.

Check this out he hasn’t even won one

Here’s another of those blind spots. The complete disregard for the ruck position and allowing this shit to continue year after year.

Makes me annoyed we can’t even make finals with a prime Bont.

I look at the teams in the 8 and think if Freo, GC, Essendon are in it with their lists, why can’t we?

The underperforming between 2017-2020 and since the 2021 GF has been so frustrating to watch.

We'll look back in the years ahead and shake our heads and weep and wonder how so much incompetence, below average player selections and substandard performances were allowed to go on for so long.

It's a Ferrari, surrounded by a handful of BMW's and a whole bunch of used lemons.

As far as I'm concerned, Lobb banished forever and I would rather English just leave at the end of the year. I would happily go without a ruck because its like that now anyway.

Joel Freijah will be a very good footballer.

Tim English just cemented why he will never get paid more than 800k per year. He was once again monstered by that hick McInerney.

Just watch us pay up more than 800k per year to keep Timmy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many slow players who can’t cover the ground like good teams. Daniel and Macrae are done, once Richards is back Libba transitions to half forward.

Yet what I can’t work out is how when a ball is bounced at the centre Berry can not look at the ball instead looking directly at Bont and blocking him? If that was forward it’s a free?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clearly the Bont/Libba/Treloar trio is not working as a core midfield group, at least in the current structure. I don’t know why because individually they’re all excellent but for whatever reason as a group they just get belted. I can only suppose that they aren’t drilled well enough and don’t have clear enough responsibilities defensively (Lade).

Bont is our best defensive mid but we want him winning the ball. He’s also the priority focus of the opposition anyway.

Is it that Libba and Treloar are both ball hunting when we need one to shift their focus away from this? Is that why Richards taking Libba’s spot for a few weeks seemed to work?

We should have had Libba go head to head with Neale after the first 3 minutes. Like he did with Rowell early in the year

Vandermeer the small forward who's apparent strength is repeat sprints and pressure couldn't even lay a tackle tonight and had 6 pressure acts

But he's a lock in the team for some reason

I'm traditionally harsh on VDM, but he also had the worst I50 entry of the night.

Mid Q3, he broke clear on the far wing, Bont was streaming forward through the middle, no-one ahead with a 1-1 up forward (JOD I think) who did the right thing and led wide...

...and VDM inexplicably kicked it as far as he could, deep into the pocket and oob... 🤔

Should pull it and offer 600 x 3. Push him out the door. Does not contribute to winning, and I don’t only say this because of last night

Ruckman should be your leaders. It starts with them. We get no contest, have it walked out of the middle and the rot begins. So deflating and it has to end.

Fatigue an issue ?? A joke the lions have had 2 before we have 1
Compared to our recent opponents, Average Days between Games this season:
  • Sydney 7.9
  • GWS 7.7
  • Brisbane 7.6
  • Collingwood 7.2
  • Bulldogs 6.3
Us and Adelaide are the only clubs who:
  • Played a Round 1 opponent who had already played when we hadn’t
  • Don’t have our byes until the last bye round, when 12 other clubs have already had 2

Compared to our recent opponents, Average Days between Games this season:
  • Sydney 7.9
  • GWS 7.7
  • Brisbane 7.6
  • Collingwood 7.2
  • Bulldogs 6.3

But, what do you think the club will do about that? Will we raise it with the AFL or will we raise the bye issue? I doubt it. We'll likely just suck it up and we shouldn't. It's not the only issue at play, but it hasn't helped.

Was ordinary last year. 2 years ago was playing some good footy

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He came 4th in best and fairest last year, was hardly ordinary. This year he has fallen off cliff so bad I don't even see how anyone takes him with his contract unless we punt him as salary dump, but it's clear he can't play in this side anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back