The Injury List Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

schmidt's 6-8 weeks isn't a major blow, as he should be ready by rd 3-4.... and he wasn't a regular in 2008 anyway

playfair's indefinite injury is problematic.... with mol out for the first few rounds, we may need another tall to play alongside hall.... obvious candidates being johnston and grundy

our depth may be tested, but i'm not worried

schmidt's 6-8 weeks isn't a major blow, as he should be ready by rd 3-4.... and he wasn't a regular in 2008 anyway

playfair's indefinite injury is problematic.... with mol out for the first few rounds, we may need another tall to play alongside hall.... obvious candidates being johnston and grundy

our depth may be tested, but i'm not worried

While it may not be a major blow to the side it is a major blow to Schmidt, He will be missing a key part of his pre season and with his body type wont be ready just to fit back in the side he will need to work his fitness back in through the Ressies.

Hamstring problems will also hinder Playfair, even if he's not held up for all that long kicking drills I’m sure would have been a major focus on his work this summer and even if he has been able to work up to now missing time to be able to practice his kicking is a detriment.

You chaps certainly rate Pykey highly. To be honest I don't think he will play much this year, if at all.

When Roos comes out praising a bloke sometimes I'll just roll my eyes and say 'Yeah whatever'. But then Jolly did the same thing. It's like with Murphy. Kennelly praised him as well - granted there's the Irish connection - but it gives me confidence in the player when it isn't just the coach praising them. Jolly could have just as easily have said, 'He's got a lot of potential, but there's some hard yards to go,' but instead suggested he could be playing seniors this year.

but instead suggested he could be playing seniors this year.

Yeah because with a few injuries to our talls and he very well could be. If he was a midfielder he wouldn't even be close. But still at least its good to see that he has got himself into a position where if injuries do hit, we can look to him to play senior football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not Paul Roos or his son, but I have seen a bit of Pyke and he is extremely athletic but in my opinion he is not ready for AFL yet. His basic skills are improving but - anywhere but the ruck you would be hoping he didn't get near the ball.

You will see where he needs to improve (and I am sure he will) in Sunday's game. Because he grew up playing a different code his decision making under pressure will take a while to develop, on top of the fact his kicking and marking aren't there yet.

So I don't have high hopes for him in 09, but next year I do. He is no way ready to be taking on a Barry role. I would say that will go to White depending on Currie's fitness.

And Murphy has only just started full training this week, so he will need time to catch up.

Not good news for Playfair tho, really needs to get on the park and have a good season. Hopefully no more setbacks tho and he can start playing soon.

Hey guys! Wanting your expert thoughts on Malceski? Is he fit to play round 1 and will he get back some of his old form? I heard a rumor somewhere that he was injured.

Cheers!:)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Injury List Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back