Analysis Rusty's 2024 Player List and Stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinnear has apparently said we will have 3 picks.

Not sure we will get much for Konstanty. His position on the main list is more valuable than him.
Francis still has value as contigency for KP both back and forward.
McAndrew may just qualify as a project player still. Talls take time.
Konstanty has been a huge disappointment. He looked really promising in his draft year. Seems like he never settled in.
McLean is very capable. He could ruck a whole game with a chop out.
Amartey can be serviceable.
Stretch may surprise a few.
Fox has rucked.

I think Grundy is very durable.

there is also a midseason draft if we are that desperate.

I think Ladhams does not inspire confidence to win a flag so why keep him. Also he would be on 300-400k if not more.
Stretch is a very good tapper if he gets his hand on the ball. Fox is a bit of a stretch. I think they stopped using Amartey to preserve his hamstrings but he's the best leaper. Agree on McLean.
On balance I agree with you but then I get risk averse.

Kinear has said we are looking at 4-5 selections across the draft but he didn't say how we will use them. I expect it to be a 4-1 or 3-1 split. Hoping as more comes to light that they decide to try and get another pick in the 40s as the later picks will come inward as they always do with matches

McLean is very capable. He could ruck a whole game with a chop out.
Amartey can be serviceable.
Stretch may surprise a few.
Fox has rucked.

I think Grundy is very durable.

there is also a midseason draft if we are that desperate.

I think Ladhams does not inspire confidence to win a flag so why keep him. Also he would be on 300-400k if not more.
Ladhams is on more than 400k

Ladhams is on more than 400k
Yeah. I suspect it was why we are trying to shop him around. For someone on a lot of coin, I don't think he will spend much time in the ones. Brodie is pretty durable.
Would be better with a Derickxyxxxjhfbvlhwvlb type ruckman as backup.

Round 21 - Post Game List Update

Early prognosis​

The Swans should regain veteran Rampe (calf) and Joel Amartey (managed) for the crucial clash with Collingwood, while they're also hopeful Melican can return to shore up their backline. Key men McInerney and Papley are still several weeks away but should give the misfiring ladder leaders a much-needed boost for finals. - Martin Smith

Swans Injury Update: Rampe and Melican a test​

Tom Papley
Tom is recovering well from his ankle sprain. He will likely miss a further 2 – 3 weeks.

Lewis Melican
Lewis is a test to return this Friday night from his hamstring tightness.

Dane Rampe
Dane is a test to return to play this weekend against Collingwood.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is building his running speed and rehab skills exposure. He will likely miss another match.

Justin McInerney
Justin is continuing with his leg strengthening and off legs conditioning. Likely to miss another 3-4 weeks.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob has commenced leg strengthening and off legs conditioning.

Jack Buller
Jack Buller is now 8 weeks post-surgery. He is aiming to commence running in the next week.
SS List.png

Round 22 - Selection

Ins: Rampe, Amartey, Campbell, Cleary
Outs: Francis, Wicks, Ladhams, Co Warner

What I reckon​

Checkout my spreadsheet. I had a guess. But I bet I'm wrong.

Substitute​

Cleary. Although I love to see him play a full game. I hope I'm wrong.

Swans Selection​

Senior coach John Longmire has provided a shake up to his team ahead of Friday night's clash with the Collingwood Magpies. Four changes have been made to the 22, including the highly-anticipated return of Dane Rampe.

The defender is set to appear on the SCG in Round 22 after sustaining a low-grade calf strain in Round 18. He will be a much needed addition to the side who will hope to bounce back from last week's loss against Port Adelaide.

The veteran will be joined by Joel Amartey - a late out in Round 21 - Braeden Campbell and QBE Sydney Swans Academy product Caiden Cleary.

Speaking to journalists earlier this week Longmire said it was important to give the tall forward a rest.

"Joel feels good, but we saw his program and talked to our medical staff," the senior coach shared in a press conference. "We didn't want to put him at risk with his workload and his history."

The Friday night blockbuster will also provide an exciting opportunity for Cleary to potentially develop his craft against the 2023 premiers. The 19-year-old made his debut in Round 15 against the GWS Giants, kicking a goal from his first touch in the competition.

The last time the Swans met the Pies at home was in the 2022 preliminary final which ended in a one-point thriller. Not only are bragging rights up for grabs, but an opportunity to reaffirm the team's position in the winner's circle.

Speaking to Sydney Swans Media, Longmire is hoping to move on from Round 21.

"We know we've got to play better than what we did last week and our challenge is to do it against the Pies. They're a good team and they're very experience."

Round 22 coincides with our Hall of Fame Game, an opportunity to honour our recent Hall of Famers on the main stage. The inductees will complete a lap of honour from 7:10pm ahead of first bounce at 7:40pm.

SS List.png

Last edited:

Round 22 - Post Game List Update

My Take​

Barring further injury, with 2 weeks of home and away rounds and the stupid bye round before finals, we should have all players bar Wicks,Edwards and Buller. That would be nice. Obviously players like Papley and McInerney will be short of a run. All best 23-odd players will be available for selection though.

AFL Early prognosis​

Melican will need to get through training this week, but the club is hopeful he'll be fit to face the Bombers. Papley and McInerney (who resumed running this week) are set to miss the rest of the home and away season, while Wicks will be sidelined after copping a lengthy suspension in the VFL. - Martin Smith

Swans Injury Update: McInerney commences running​

Tom Papley
Tom will likely miss a further 1-2 weeks with the ankle sprain suffered against Brisbane.

Lewis Melican
Lewis is a test to return this week from his hamstring tightness.

Patrick Snell
Patrick is a test to return this week from his hamstring strain.

Will Edwards
Will suffered a broken leg against Collingwood in the VFL. He will have surgery this week and will miss the remainder of the season.

Justin McInerney
Justin has commenced running following his PCL injury. Likely to miss another 2-3 weeks.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob’s foot pain has settled, and he has recommenced running. He is 2-3 weeks away from reintroducing team skills.

Jack Buller
Jack has commenced running. He will aim to build his running speed and volume over the next 4 weeks.

SS List.png

Last edited:

Round 23 - Selection

Ins: Melican, Corey Warner
Outs: Warner, Fox

Moving the magnets​

Mills->Warner
Melican->Mills
Corey Warner->Fox

Substitute​

Cleary. Although I'd love to see him play a full game. I hope I'm wrong.

Swans Selection​

Senior coach John Longmire has confirmed his side for Round 23 with Chad Warner and Robbie Fox ruled out due to injury.

The pair will be missed as the club looks to close out the home-and-away season strong ahead of September. Warner has played every game this season and been particularly prolific on the scoreboard booting 31.16.

Meanwhile, Fox who suffered a shoulder injury in Round 10 has been dealt another blow with a knock to his kidney. The 102-gamer is an important swingman for the team thanks to his ability to play forward and back.

"Foxy got a knock to his kidney last week and we really didn't know anything about it until after the game so he pulled up a bit sore and misses this week," Longmire told Sydney Swans Media.

"Chad unfortunately pulled up with a sore calf so he also misses this week and hopefully should be available for next week."

SS List.png

Last edited:

Round 23 - Post Game List Update

My Take - and I reiterate from last week​

Barring further injury, with 1 week of home and away rounds and the stupid bye round before finals, we should have all players bar Wicks, Edwards, Konstanty and Buller. That would be nice. Obviously players like Papley and McInerney will be short of a run. They will both be available for the first wekk of finals though off no games for quite some time.
All best 23-odd players will be available for selection though.

BTW I hate byes. But the stupid bye round before finals will definitely benefit the team especially those nursing injuries and those players coming back from injury layoffs like Papley and McInerney.

AFL Early prognosis​

Indications are Warner will play this week despite a minor calf issue, which the star midfielder had carried into the game against Collingwood a fortnight ago. Will Hayward and Brodie Grundy have been playing sore and could be given an extra week off given top spot has been all but secured. Papley and McInerney have resumed training and are hopeful to be ready for week one of finals. - Martin Smith

Swans Injury Update: Warner, Fox a test to play​

Chad Warner
Chad was unavailable for the match against Essendon due to calf soreness. He will be a test to play this weekend against Adelaide.

Robbie Fox
Robbie did not play on the weekend due to a low grade abdominal injury sustained against Collingwood. He will be a test to return to play.

Tom Papley
Tom will be unavailable for this weekend’s match against Adelaide. He will recommence team training next week.

Justin McInerney
Justin has recommenced conditioning running and is building his speed and volume. He is expected to introduce team skills next week.

Will Edwards
Will had surgery last week on his broken leg. He will be on crutches for 4 weeks.

Jacob Konstanty
Jacob is progressing is speed and volume. He is aiming to recommence skills in 1 – 2 weeks.

Jack Buller
Jack is building his running speed and volume. He will build to conditioning running over the next 3 weeks.

SS List.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Rusty's 2024 Player List and Stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back