The Jill Meagher case: please read notice in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the Bung Siraboon (sp?) case is an interesting comparison.

Though I agree re Karmein Chan, similar age as she was and I remember even then it was huge (probably because it struck a chord and I was scared etc).
I don't give a whole lot of credence to MWWS, but I agree that there is some truth to it. With regards to Bung Siriboon, I have taken a very close interest in this case, as well as other child abductions in the surrounding areas. I just don't think the average person can be labelled racist because of the Jill Meagher case. There are many of us in the community deeply concerned and affected by cases that do not involve pretty white women.

Perhaps the Bung Siraboon (sp?) case is an interesting comparison.

Though I agree re Karmein Chan, similar age as she was and I remember even then it was huge (probably because it struck a chord and I was scared etc).

Another sad, sad case. Unfortunately I fear Bung along with Madeline McCann may have suffered the same fate as Jill Meagher.

I remember when Karmein Chan disappeared.
Anyone who believes in this MWWS nonsense was obviously not around for that.
It's not merely an internet theory as much as a studied sociological phenomenon whose overterms are not confined to merely being "white".

You don't think the media-grab of Karmein's mother's grief being broadcast so many times didn't aid the attention?
The media love that stuff and it helps people relate to a sense of "that could happen to me/my kid/my neighbours" which drive the general interest in these sorts of cases.

Yeah there are a few things in this case that makes you think there is more people involved than just Blue Hoody, like the car that did a sudden U turn towards her and was seen on the CCTV footage and the neighbour saying he heard a couple of cars rock up to his place.

The cops have their main guy and found out what happened to her which has appeased the outraged public but if there are others involved it's important that they are arrested as well. Blue Hoody could just be a patsy for a bigger operation for all we know.

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but the fact that people were killed in that massacre with the precision of an elite sniper rather than a deranged loony bloke with a shotgun raises some questions.

That whole debate is for another thread though.

Bryant had years of experience with guns. Even if he didn't, most of the victims were shot at point-blank or near point-blank range. You don't have to be a dead-eye-dick in those situations, especially with the type of weapons he used.

I remember when Karmein Chan disappeared.
Anyone who believes in this MWWS nonsense was obviously not around for that.

That was front page news for weeks.

An ex of mine worked on that case. Truly frightening.

Lol @ the reaction.
Congrats on your wonderful troll. I do hope you feel the inflated sense of self esteem that you were looking for, and enjoy telling all of your real life friends (assuming that you have any) how you masterfully trolled a thread about a young woman's death on an anonymous internet forum.

hero.

This whole event has my interest now. Really quite puzzling how she ended up dead so far away from that cctv in Brunswick. Surely she must have screamed at this unknown man trying to take her away. Unless this man tried the nice guy approach and was putting on an act to help her get home. Definitely will make alot of women out there think twice about going out walking on their own now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole event has my interest now. Really quite puzzling how she ended up dead so far away from that cctv in Brunswick. Surely she must have screamed at this unknown man trying to take her away. Unless this man tried the nice guy approach and was putting on an act to help her get home. Definitely will make alot of women out there think twice about going out walking on their own now.

It’ll emerge but I still reckon there’s a good chance she got into a car willingly (if somewhat reluctantly).

So many angry people on social media. Says more about them than whatever it is they're commenting on.

Seriously, getting angry about something that doesn't directly affect you or your loved ones is just a symptom of a life that lacks fulfilment.

Why? Got nothing better to do with your life? You sound no better than the guy they arrested.

His username kind of gives away his intentions.

This is looking like the most likely scenario. The Dutch backpacker case was similar - coerced into the assailant's car on the premise that she was being followed.

That silver car that was shown on CCTV driving around that area might have been making it look like she was being followed and the blue hoody guy might have pointed that out and acted like the good samaritan by offering to give her a lift to rescue her.

It would explain why two cars turned up at his place. One car with him and Jill Meagher and the other car that was pretending to follow her.

His username kind of gives away his intentions.
You foiled my ninja edit :p. As for his username, an 'eye for an eye' in this case would involve posting on an internet forum about having no sympathy for dazb86 if something bad happened to him. Why would that require having his personal details?

This is looking like the most likely scenario. The Dutch backpacker case was similar - coerced into the assailant's car on the premise that she was being followed.

Could be very true, fits the video. At the start she looks over her shoulder, maybe looking for someone he's mentioned, and then he gestures her forward with his hand, as if to say hurry.

Could be very true, fits the video. At the start she looks over her shoulder, maybe looking for someone he's mentioned, and then he gestures her forward with his hand, as if to say hurry.

It's the only scenario that makes any sense. If she was forcefully abducted on Sydney Rd, someone - either a pedestrian or someone in a vehicle - would have seen something as she would presumably have screamed or resisted physically, drawing attention to herself. She probably thought, "I'm not too far from home, it will only be a short car ride."

This case is huge news and sad and shocking but about 35,000 people go missing each year in
Austraila thats alot.I take nothing away from this case its still sad and shocking whats happened but you still never hear about all the other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back