The Jill Meagher case: please read notice in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i hope your right on this.

"It is estimated that 35,000 people are reported missing each year in Australia. This equates to one person every 15 minutes. This is a rate of 1.7 people per 1,000 Australians"

And

"Of the estimated 35,000 people who are reported missing in Australia, more than 95 per cent are located within a short period of time (usually one week). However there remains a significant number, more than 1,600, who are listed as long-term missing, that is, missing for more than six months"

From http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/about-us/faqs.aspx

Something for everyone to pass on. Its a "Help Me" App from the Daniel Morcombe foundation.
Main feature -
The 'Help Me' button sounds a warning and allows you to can send off an SMS text to two (2) nominated 'safety' numbers, as part of your Trusted Safety Network. Included in the text are GPS co-ordinates from where the text was sent, so the sender can be located or a last known place of contact is indicated.

Great for your kids and family etc.

http://www.danielmorcombe.com.au/app.html

Thanks Captain Hindsight.

People like you that waltz in to this thread all smug and say I knew it was an abduction all along and that it wasn't the husband are far more annoying than people who were speculating early on that it was the husband.

I had no idea what happened and never expressed an opinion either way.

My only points were everyone jumped to a conclusion very quickly with no knowledge of the case, and also that people seemed curiously unconcerned when they thought it was a "typical" domestic violence case.

I had no idea what happened and never expressed an opinion either way.

My only points were everyone jumped to a conclusion very quickly with no knowledge of the case, and also that people seemed curiously unconcerned when they thought it was a "typical" domestic violence case.
Yeah. I reported some horrible sexist shit when this thread was only two pages long.

You will notice that the thread on this subject has been pruned substantially.

From this point onwards, please consider avoiding any posts that include:
  • Commentary on the guilt or the innocence of the accused
  • Details of prior criminal convictions or charges
  • The publication of photos of the accused.
Such content may leave individual posters open to the possibility of fines and gaol time for sub judice contempt.

To safeguard your own interests it is therefore recommended that you limit your comments to:
  • objective facts of what has occurred
  • Expressions of grief and anger, condolences to the deceased's family.
  • debate about issues raised by the case (such as public safety)
Whilst the responsibility for the publication of any of the above material rests solely with the individual posting it, BIG Inc. also reserves the right under the Communications Decency Act (USA) to remove material on the grounds of basic, reasonable decency. Given the sensitive nature of the case, moderators and administrators will exercise that right at their discretion.

CC: Messenger, Chief, grizzlym, weevil, Fred, Crimson Azure

Folks I am not a footy fan, I was one of those who in the first few hours of Jill's disappearance blamed the husband, probably because a husband killing a spouse would have been the "safe for me" result. A few days ago, seeking news on the story, I stumbled on your page and have been glued to it ever since.

Then as the posts kept rolling in and the husband was no longer the suspect, the terrible fear of a crazed killer somewhere in the streets of Melbourne took hold. I then feared for not only Jill but for the crazed man's next victim.

Then thanks to the world of multi-media the posts on this page spoke of a break in the case, a possible suspect, then an arrest. How I hoped that Jill was still alive, a prisoner, but still alive. But alas, that was not the case. The posts kept rolling in and finally, and very sadly a body was found. Thank you to this forum for your constructive, informative, and ultimately saddening posts. Jill Meagher may you rest in peace.

Perhaps also leave the pros and cons of the death penalty to another thread too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where to from here?

Will they release the details about how she was abducted before the trial or what?

Sad to think that this time last week she was probably excited for a night out..
I'm sure there's people on here way more informed on the law than I am. But I would think that those details would come out post-trial. At least a year or two from now.

Interesting that 2 clicks from Google will still get u an unedited photo of the accused.

And just as I write that today tonight shows the exact same photo. Guess its not breaking any laws then?

I'm more interested in the cars that pulled up at 2:00 am the morning of the abduction at Bayley's address, if that's accurate, this could get huger than it already is.
I posted a link to this and a theory but it's been chopped.

*sadface.jpg*

Thanks for keeping clean and pretty much all on topic.

As an Irish national and having lived abroad i know the what its like to have family worry over your well being when your not at home. That goes for an adult of any age, ive had a sick feeling in my stomach for the last few days.

So So sad for those involved and the wider implications this case may raise.

As an Irishman who has lived in dublin many men and women walk home all the time over there without a second thought after a night out, me being one of them.

Having spent some time working in brunswick i know the area is dodgy, in hindsight its hard but the husband should have gone down and picked Jill up. I suppose most people feel like this now but its too late, this time lets hope the matter is dealt with. Throw away the key.

As an Irishman who has lived in dublin many men and women walk home all the time over there without a second thought after a night out, me being one of them.

Having spent some time working in brunswick i know the area is dodgy, in hindsight its hard but the husband should have gone down and picked Jill up. I suppose most people feel like this now but its too late, this time lets hope the matter is dealt with. Throw away the key.

Interestingly, the dutch backpacker who escaped, said she felt Australia was a safe place, everyone spoke english etc, wonder if Internationals have a false sense of security over here, it seems incomprehensible JM wanted to walk home alone that night, it astounds me, it really does, as a 6 ft well built male, I am always wary whenever i am walking around Melbourne, (do not live there btw) for a petite lass in excruciatingly high heels, which were laced up, she never stood a chance, if she had sneakers on she might have been able to make a run for it but the way she was tottering around on cctv...

Thanks for keeping clean and pretty much all on topic.

As an Irish national and having lived abroad i know the what its like to have family worry over your well being when your not at home. That goes for an adult of any age, ive had a sick feeling in my stomach for the last few days.

So So sad for those involved and the wider implications this case may raise.

REPLY - Surely this not a forum for blame of the family. How cold are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back