Game Day The Kangaroos vs The Mighty Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motivation to win has certainly changed now pinchey is running around in the little leagues. Not to mention thomas and waite being on the sidelines too. Dammit theres no one left to hate on.
Nth by 9 pts.
Plus Cunnington has a cool name and is from dairy farming stock and I love milk #nohatefornorth

- Sunday arvo
- 17th vs 14th
- Heaps of injured players
- Scott ball butcherers vs Lyon uberdefensives
- 2 x exciting young teams down at the G

I reckon 16K tops

I distinctly remember you lecturing interstaters about how we don't understand the deep rooted Victorian football culture under one of your previous guises.

Yet your fans won't show up on a Sunday, or if you're doing badly, or would even prefer to watch two other teams play down the road? (even though that's also on a Sunday). Such enviable culture!

Lucky for you we aren't so Hard to Beat these days. Might bring another couple through the gate.

Last edited:
1) The "interstaters" that reduce the worth of Melbourne clubs to attendence/profit & loss entities, clearly don't understand the deep rooted Victorian football culture. This is a fact. I do not withdraw from that position one iota. The WA demographic is completely different to the situation here. Victorians are also suspicious of some of the absurd parochialism that goes on in S.A. & W.A. and as to how that affects rational thinking.

2) The rusted on support group of North consists of ~ 15K supporters.These are the people that show up no matter how bad the side is going. All clubs in Melbourne can be reduced down to their rusted on element when they are going through a difficult downturn, from North & the Bulldogs ~15K up to Collingwood @ ~ 30K. The so called "big 4" club Carlton has registered plenty of sub 20K attendances against interstate clubs over the past 15 years. Another so called "big 4" powerhouse in Essendon registered a home crowd of 14,463 last season vs GWS.

The motivation to win has certainly changed now pinchey is running around in the little leagues. Not to mention thomas and waite being on the sidelines too. Dammit theres no one left to hate on.
Nth by 9 pts.

Thomas is back in the team apparently

1) The "interstaters" that reduce the worth of Melbourne clubs to attendence/profit & loss entities, clearly don't understand the deep rooted Victorian football culture. This is a fact. I do not withdraw from that position one iota. The WA demographic is completely different to the situation here. Victorians are also suspicious of some of the absurd parochialism that goes on in S.A. & W.A. and as to how that affects rational thinking.

2) The rusted on support group of North consists of ~ 15K supporters.These are the people that show up no matter how bad the side is going. All clubs in Melbourne can be reduced down to their rusted on element when they are going through a difficult downturn, from North & the Bulldogs ~15K up to Collingwood @ ~ 30K. The so called "big 4" club Carlton has registered plenty of sub 20K attendances against interstate clubs over the past 15 years. Another so called "big 4" powerhouse in Essendon registered a home crowd of 14,463 last season vs GWS.

do you think your first point was a bit of a contradiction of itself?
north are a pretty well supported side over here, when i was a kid plenty of people followed them due to the fact they had the likes of the kraquer brothers,barry cable, ross glendinning ,phil kelly etc... running around for them
i remember going to arden street as a kid with my dad when i was about 6 when we lived over there briefly ,barrassi was the coach so it was a while ago
I've met plenty of north supporters in victoria recently too
so my question is ,if the deep seated victorian footy culture you so proudly espouse is so strong then how come nobody goes to your games?

do you think your first point was a bit of a contradiction of itself?
north are a pretty well supported side over here, when i was a kid plenty of people followed them due to the fact they had the likes of the kraquer brothers,barry cable, ross glendinning ,phil kelly etc... running around for them
i remember going to arden street as a kid with my dad when i was about 6 when we lived over there briefly ,barrassi was the coach so it was a while ago
I've met plenty of north supporters in victoria recently too
so my question is ,if the deep seated victorian footy culture you so proudly espouse is so strong then how come nobody goes to your games?

I can't explain myself any better than I have. Christ, back in the 70's & 80's we pulled crowds of 7-12K on plenty of occasions. Money generation wasn't such a huge priority and attendances weren't viewed so critically. I expect that all the Melbourne clubs have grown exponential to their starting base, with the exception of Hawthorn who have undergone freak growth on the back of a 45 year run consisting of 12 flags.

The North link with W.A. is strong due to all the players you mentioned. The last time I checked I think we have something like 3500 W.A. members on our books.

W.A. folks seem to strongly correlate club cultures with attendances at matches for some reason. You have a highly saturated market. With us it's a matter of, well they were there when our great grandfathers followed them, they were there when I was a kid, they are there now and they will be there long after I have gone, whether I go this week or not.

North are the little guy, the mouse that roars from time to time. We are a unique boutique type club, and the romance of the game has room for this.

Maybe YOUR great grand children will one day understand what you can't?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox is leading our forward line this week. I know he has shown plenty but he is a 3 game tall...

He will most likely be picked up by a 1st game debutante in Daniel Neilsen who has been confirmed to play.

Tarrant play loose? I hope Neilsen has an engine, Cox likes to run.

Yeah? The kid is more the dour stay at home type, so he might get another match up.

I expect he will play back with Tarrant and Thompson will get up the field.

Who knows, he might even play loose. North have utilised Hansen this way on plenty of occasions.

Yeah? The kid is more the dour stay at home type, so he might get another match up.

Who knows, he might even play loose. North have utilised Hansen this way on plenty of occasions.
We're only going in with the two tall fowards in Kersten and Cox. Cox is promising but is only playing his third game and Kersten is undersized, kinda plays like a small forward.

It's also likely that Fyfe would spend a fair bit forward due to this. So he'll also be a strange one to match up on as well.

None of the three are stationary forwards. They are all mostly mobile. So going off what you've said, he'll probably play loose.

If Hansen is loose he will take 15 marks this week. We love bombing it to the opposition.

We're only going in with the two tall fowards in Kersten and Cox. Cox is promising but is only playing his third game and Kersten is undersized, kinda plays like a small forward.

It's also likely that Fyfe would spend a fair bit forward due to this. So he'll also be a strange one to match up on as well.

None of the three are stationary forwards. They are all mostly mobile. So going off what you've said, he'll probably play loose.
Kersten is no gimme to play - he is on the extended bench.

Think either Logue or Kersten will be up forward with Cox and one of Mundy or Fyfe most of the game. Sonny will drift about too.

Who knows, me might spell Thompson, although he can play small. We won't know much until the North VFL side kicks off Saturday at 2pm. Keep an eye on the Werribee match day thread on the North board.

The debutante Neilsen was our 2nd round pick (26) in the 2014 draft. 194cms & 96 kgs, he plays tall. Been injured for most of his time at the club and has had his first real run of games since he arrived at Arden Street and has beaten all of his opponents in the VFL. We rate him highly.

What's SportsBet paying for:
  • Archer jumping the fence and punching an umpire? (AusKick at half time of course)
  • Rodan doing a worm at some point during the telecast?
  • Swallow over the ball and Cox comes over the top with a tackle?
  • Lindsay Thomas deciding to retire (from AFL) mid game?
  • Boomer Harvey finally revealing he played the rubber chicken in Adam Simpson's 2009 video production?
  • Carey sleeping with one of the player's partners whilst they are on the field? (would not want to be North's Captain)

What's SportsBet paying for:
  • Archer jumping the fence and punching an umpire? (AusKick at half time of course)
  • Rodan doing a worm at some point during the telecast?
  • Swallow over the ball and Cox comes over the top with a tackle?
  • Lindsay Thomas deciding to retire (from AFL) mid game?
  • Boomer Harvey finally revealing he played the rubber chicken in Adam Simpson's 2009 video production?
  • Carey sleeping with one of the player's partners whilst they are on the field? (would not want to be North's Captain)
like $1.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back