Game Day The Kangaroos vs The Mighty Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. You could have the most talented team of all time but if your culture is terrible then it won't save you.

That said, I really want a top 5 pick KPF...

I want top 3 hence me advocating some tanking.

I want top 3 hence me advocating some tanking.
Sad thing is we don't really need tank. I think the Pies and possibly Cartlon will win more games than us for the rest of the year. Our awful % means we need to finish a game clear of the other teams.

North, maybe not. They played good enough early to be 7-7 but are 4-10 and are now playing ****e.

That is strange.

West coast hardly flying but I think they have us covered. Especially if they get JJK back. We are a good chance tomorrow I think.

Tomorrow's game is in Melbourne, Derby is at our home ground. Not exactly rocket science why we are rated a better chance here.

After Collingwood's loss today, he only game I want to win for the rest of the season is the derby.

After Collingwood's loss today, he only game I want to win for the rest of the season is the derby.
The way the Pies played today, they won't win another game. All they had until this point was they played for Bucks. Not sure they are anymore.

Think we need to accept that they will finish below us and will take the best KPF available. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shameless Plug
The Purple Reign Podcast invites you, the listeners, to attend a live recording at the Newport Hotel Fremantle on Sunday 9 July from 10:40am when the mighty Freo Dockers take on the Kangaroos at Etihad Stadium. The kind people at the Newport Hotel are putting on some jugs pre-game for Purple Reign listeners, so come down and enjoy the company of other purple, die hards or just heckle us as we podcast pre game, qtr time, half time, 3 qtr time and post match. We will be giving away prizes, interviewing our listeners, and hopefully have some Merchandise available. All Reigners are invited to join us upstairs in a more 'intimate' setting, with a plethora of TV's, big screens, pool table and bar. The food is also amazing!

I don't subscribe to this idea that it's important who finishes below us or above. If there quality KPP worthy of a top five pick, or whatever, the team with that pick is going to take that player whether they 'need' them or not. If they take a midfielder it will be because they view them as a significantly better option. If we had that same notional pick, we would make that same decision and take the midfielder.
On the whole I would prefer us to finish as low as possible whilst wining as many games as we can. Sounds silly but this season its a real possibility. Thanks to our shite percentage and the evenness of the league we could win 8 or 9 games and still finish second or third last. Having pick 3 or so would give the option to take one of the KPPs that are highly rated by the pundits if we also rated them. If we don't, don't be suprised if we trade down again (or take the midfielder!).

The way the Pies played today, they won't win another game. All they had until this point was they played for Bucks. Not sure they are anymore.

Think we need to accept that they will finish below us and will take the best KPF available. :(

Our crap % gives us a chance. They're probably got a slightly easier run home than us, and they do have some talent in the midfield which can given them a chance against certain sides if they can get their heads out of their ....

In any case, we win tomorrow though and it becomes tough but still very close between Carlton, Coll and Us for that bottom 3-5 spots. Nth win and then it's even tighter with 2nd last opening up as a possibility too.

I want to win, I think the boys need it, but no doubt there's a decent silver lining with the loss.

I think Ross will want to win. He is not the sort to aim for picks I wouldn't have thought. Big on culture so needs to maintain integrity.

That said you are right about who finishes below us. You would think we will want to take a KPF this year so we really need the Pies above us at least. North might take a KPF although they have pushed Waite to the wing lately so maybe not. Carlton will want mids. Already have Curnow and McKay with Ben Silvagni in next year's draft. That doesn't even include Casboult. Saints and Lions will not take KPFs either.

I'm willing to give Lyon the benefit of the doubt that our high attack through the middle % vs our high scored against when we turn it over numbers are really a sophisticated, well disguised tanking mechanism

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know a better draft pick would be awesome, but playing as many kids as we are, tanking would be disastrous. It's not very motivating losing every week. And how do we hope to hold onto them and re-sign them if all they do is lose. Just see what Brisbane's managed to achieve the past few years.

And happy game day folks! I better get some purple on and get my butt to the ground.

Saints form says we win and win well

Our crap % gives us a chance. They're probably got a slightly easier run home than us, and they do have some talent in the midfield which can given them a chance against certain sides if they can get their heads out of their ....

In any case, we win tomorrow though and it becomes tough but still very close between Carlton, Coll and Us for that bottom 3-5 spots. Nth win and then it's even tighter with 2nd last opening up as a possibility too.

I want to win, I think the boys need it, but no doubt there's a decent silver lining with the loss.
Collingwood will win a couple more I think. All teams have off days so they just need to catch a couple of them.

I think we will win a couple more too. Most likely today and against GC.

Predictions:
  • Half a dozen hands-in-air stink-face "whoa"s from Brad Scott in the coaches box - you know the one, where it looks like his is the first club in history to ever have a free kick paid against them.
  • Commentators getting the names of our players wrong/mixed-up (mostly our indigenous ones) at least a dozen times.
  • If we win by 1-24 points, a handful of posters blowing it way out of proportion declaring we are the Greatest of All Time.
  • If we win by > 24 points, complete silence as everyone realises North are tanking better than us.
  • If we lose, a handful of posters blaming Ross for not picking Taberner, as his 6 goals (and countless contested marks) from WAFL would have been the difference.
  • If we get a smashed, a mad scramble as everyone searches for a suitable number of scapegoats in a team relatively devoid of them
Pre-Positives
  • No matter what we do, we can't Richmond this.
  • Win or lose, we're still well placed for a nice draft pick.
  • We have the third youngest team this week and arguably the most inexperienced. #weplayindayoof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back