Game Day The Kangaroos vs The Mighty Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want us to play good football consistently. A lot more than I want a higher draft pick.

What would you prefer:

A break out game for Cox as a forward kicking 3-4 goals leading us to victory.... or Pick 3 instead of Pick 6.

Darcy to towel up Goldy in the ruck and give our midfield the edge all game.... or Pick 3 instead of Pick 6.

Weller/Hughes/Ryan to dominate off the halfback/wing setting up our forward attack. Walters to back it up and kick another bag while playing midfield.... or Pick 3.

Blakely to go back to beasting, The Hill Bros to feasting... or Pick 3.

Fyfe to go bunta for 4 qtrs and show what he is capable of doing.... or Pick 3.

I want to win thanks. If we lose because we're not good enough that's fine, we'll get the draft pick that we deserve.

I want to see cox isolated one one one in the goal square push the rest up towards the middle and use players speed and kicking eg Walters kicking it to cox. The pagans Paddock type of game plan would suite us. Have the hill brother and Walters on the attacking side. When neale,blakely,fyfe get the tough ball those guys can run a mile in the open space

I don't know how anyone can go into a game hoping we lose. High draft picks are something you use after a loss to make yourself feel better, not something you're supposed to go into a game hoping for. Where's the fun in that?

Agreed. Instilling a winning culture is worth more than draft picks anyway but you might want to convince the match committee first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how anyone can go into a game hoping we lose. High draft picks are something you use after a loss to make yourself feel better, not something you're supposed to go into a game hoping for. Where's the fun in that?
Have you been taking note of the Philadelphia 76ers? They're setup for the next 10 years after all of their lottery picks and that was their strategy. I don't want to become ninthmond, I'd prefer to bottom out and rebuild through the draft.

Have you been taking note of the Philadelphia 76ers? They're setup for the next 10 years after all of their lottery picks and that was their strategy. I don't want to become ninthmond, I'd prefer to bottom out and rebuild through the draft.
Bit different in a sport that's only got 5 players on the field in which one player can make a world of difference. They also havent achieved anything yet, granted their future looks bright. In AFL you don't get the same benefits from tanking.

I haven't, but I know it's pretty well documented that one player can make much more of a difference in a sport with only 5 players on court.

I've paid plenty of attention to all the AFL clubs who thought high draft picks were a guarantee of future success though, only to be consistently outperformed by well-run clubs with strong cultures.

I also think sacrificing the present for a possible, but far from guaranteed, future pay off is even less advisable in the current era of free-agency and increasing fluid player movement.

Freo is one of my most respectable team.
Hope both of us can enjoy watching up to the last minute. I mean close game.
Sunday arvo ,we don't have to be stressed out with huge anger.
Good luck.

I've enjoyed watching the last couple weeks and am looking forward to today. Would love to see some better contests out of Logue this week. Stoked to see a bit of Nyhuis!

jet-engines-tank-fire.jpg

Yeee HARR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back