Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm assuming there's a few more people out there that need a replacement for Kruzer this week. So what are people thinking?

If you already have Sandilands..

Graham, Angus - salary 403,800 average 94
Going well but unproven?

Ryder, Patrick
salary 471,600 average 90
Worth the asking price?

Cox, Dean
salary 459,300 average 88
Will he stay on the park?

Mumford, Shane
salary 442,300 average 85
Looks to be best option as he seems to be improving..

ideas?

I don't have Sandi and was considering Cox but i'm as close as i can be to a lock on Sandi. I think Cox offers the biggest upside but of course, the biggest downside.

Like thomas said Hmac is worth a look as well as Jolly...and Clark i suppose would be the other worth a look.

I have Warnock on the bench, what's the chances of pocketing the cash and having him start on the ground? Will he be getting a game now?

They reckon it's between Warnock and Hampson for the number 2 spot with Hampson just ahead if i remember right. I remember reading today that if Setanta is not back they may play all 3, with Waite currently out as well. I'll see if i can find the article.

EDIT: Here it is -
While the much-talked about race to replace Matthew Kreuzer is seen as a two-way battle, the Blues could play both Shaun Hampson and Robbie Warnock at Etihad Stadium.
The unlikely scenario is possible because Setanta O'hAilpin is no certainty to return from a calf injury, and with Jarrad Waite again suspended, the Blues need to fill a hole in the attacking 50m.
Athletic Hampson can play forward, leaving Warnock to join Sam Jacobs in the ruck.
"We could go with the three talls," Carlton football manager Steven Icke said.
"How O'hAilpin comes up will probably have some bearing on it, given you don't want to go in too top heavy."
Carlton's VFL affiliate, Northern Bullants, didn't play at the weekend, but Hampson was the better of the ruck pair in its last outing -- a one-point win over Port Melbourne on June 20. If it comes down to a straight choice between Hampson and Warnock, Hampson appears to be in the box seat.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/blues-may-load-up-on-ruckmen/story-e6frf9jf-1225884982799

Hmm I'll most likely be making the kruezer trade myself this week an am tossing up between Graham, Jamar and Hmac..

Actually leaning towards Graham.. Could he be this years Mitch Clark?! He's the number one ruckman at the Tiges and is a bit of an unknown (much like Clark last year)... Could pay off, but then again may not.
Hmac seems pretty reliable at the moment, usually good for 80 most weeks.
Jamar has been down in form lately which has turned me off a little.

I guess there's also Tippet who's been hitting some form lately, but it's hard to ignore just how spudly he was early in the year..

Will probably chance my arm with Tippett.

I'll stick with Ryder for DT as Tippet is a DT spud.

I think Jolly is starting to come good. Showed really good signs last week against Sydney - dominated the ruck against quality opp.
Pushed forward aswell and kicked goals.
I am tempted to take a punt on Jolly at the lower price compared to Hmac, Mummy and Ryder...
At $360k - might be a goer - he has scored 115, 77, 62 and 86 the last month. Needs to up that...

Ryder seems the most reliable/least risky out of all the options available.

I just don't know whether to go for the cheaper option to conserve/free up cash, i.e. Jamar, Jolly, Tippett etc.

Tippett is looking awfully nice, lots of upside in his price if he can keep kicking goals...quite risky though.

I've got Wayde Skipper on the sidelines, I may just leave Kreuzer on the bench and conserve the trade (given I am #1 in my league and have an easy game coming up).

I'd really love Ryder though given its more of a sideways trade...

Argh decisions...

Ryder seems the most reliable/least risky out of all the options available.

I just don't know whether to go for the cheaper option to conserve/free up cash, i.e. Jamar, Jolly, Tippett etc.

Tippett is looking awfully nice, lots of upside in his price if he can keep kicking goals...quite risky though.

I've got Wayde Skipper on the sidelines, I may just leave Kreuzer on the bench and conserve the trade (given I am #1 in my league and have an easy game coming up).

I'd really love Ryder though given its more of a sideways trade...

Argh decisions...

Is there really any point "conserving a trade" when you have a 390k player that won't play again this year?

I'm leaning towards either Tippet or Clark. Already have Sandi and only have $400k. Both are around the same $ but cant decide between them. What are peoples thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did anyone else do what i did and get jacobs?

328k for a #1 ruck aint too bad and if he gets injured then warnock on the bence has to get a game...

stoked with his 104 on debut for me!

did anyone else do what i did and get jacobs?

328k for a #1 ruck aint too bad and if he gets injured then warnock on the bence has to get a game...

stoked with his 104 on debut for me!

Most logical trade. Certainly has tied up the no. 1 spot at the blues. Looked good last year before injury. Has improved big time that's for sure. A good unique pick buddy. Better then Hampson lol

I went Graham, though I would have traded in Sandi or Ryder if I'd had enough money. I'm not doing double trades at this point.

I think Jolly is starting to come good. Showed really good signs last week against Sydney - dominated the ruck against quality opp.
Pushed forward aswell and kicked goals.
I am tempted to take a punt on Jolly at the lower price compared to Hmac, Mummy and Ryder...
At $360k - might be a goer - he has scored 115, 77, 62 and 86 the last month. Needs to up that...
And Jolly salutes :thumbsu:

Kicked 4 yesterday but had 4 FA's. Still managed 127sc though, would've been closer to 145+ with a clean sheet :eek:

Will probably chance my arm with Tippett.

I'll stick with Ryder for DT as Tippet is a DT spud.

Will go with Tippett as well in SC, Crows are working a lot better now and he has been kicking a bit straighter in recent weeks
And so does big Tippett :thumbsu:

Last 5 weeks averaging 106 with a 31 in there :eek:

Only about 10 rounds too late for my liking lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back