Matildas The Matildas and The 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 FIFA Women's World Cup Draw

FIFA-Women-s-World-Cup-2023-Draw-Result-Graphic.png

Some tasty match ups, not a bad group for the Aussies to draw.
Go Sam Kerr and the Matildas, you good things.

Hahahahaha nope, Women's sport just doesn't have the same draw power as the mens, you are getting paid good money enjoy it and run

Why can't they just play and be happy to play for Australia

Hahahahaha nope, Women's sport just doesn't have the same draw power as the mens, you are getting paid good money enjoy it and run

Why can't they just play and be happy to play for Australia
Yeah seems like its a common trend for women athletes to complain about pay. I think they just don't understand the financial impact that viewers, sponsorship, attendance etc have on salaries. Either that or they don't care and just want to be paid more just because

The women's A-League's minimum wage for players increased from $16,344 to $20,608 in the 2022-23 season and is set to rise again in the 2023-24 campaign to $25,000

I think you will find it is more about the percentage of prize money depending on how many games they win or if win the final.

The total prize pot for the Women's World Cup is $110m, a 300% increase from the 2019 tournament, but less than the $440m pot for the men at the 2022 Qatar event.

Given the crowd last week, they are certainly drawing the crowds and if they can keep winning, pot is well and truly covered.

There is also a massive difference in ticket costs FIFA said it's about 4 times cheaper for a women's ticket to a men's ticket

2358 for a cat 1 men's ticket for the final and 120 for women's

The women's A-League's minimum wage for players increased from $16,344 to $20,608 in the 2022-23 season and is set to rise again in the 2023-24 campaign to $25,000

I think you will find it is more about the percentage of prize money depending on how many games they win or if win the final.

The total prize pot for the Women's World Cup is $110m, a 300% increase from the 2019 tournament, but less than the $440m pot for the men at the 2022 Qatar event.

Given the crowd last week, they are certainly drawing the crowds and if they can keep winning, pot is well and truly covered.
I'd think tv rights are where most money comes from. How much did fifa get for men's world cup from all countries compared to women's world cup?

I'd think tv rights are where most money comes from. How much did fifa get for men's world cup from all countries compared to women's world cup?
200 mil USD for this year's world cup
1.8 bil pound for both 2018 2022

And that's all that needs to be said
They wanted double that for the womens and only got that kind of says it all a bidding war versus i guess we could show it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matildas The Matildas and The 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back