Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else have an irrational hatred towards that flagmantle Facebook campaigner?

Today he's posting negative memes about Tabs from his cheeto covered fingers in his mum's basement. Just everything that guy does screams insecure virgin who cries when pickles are on his big mac.

Tabs wasn't perfect, but he gave us EVERYTHING. Can't believe some fans want to disrespect the bloke. Plus, the fact so many players called him a "weird unit" made him so much more lovable.

/rant.
Hell I saw multiple comments about Taberner never playing a solid game for us, what a load of rubbish.

Seriously though Flagmantle poses himself as some "Passionate fan with the club's best interest at heart" when in reality he's more like our Cooper Grech. And straight up says if you disagree with his opinions you're the reason the club goes nowhere because you accept whatever you're fed.

I don't think he actually knows much about football to be fair, he just posts what he knows will get clicks. After all, he thinks Will Brodie who gets 35+ cheap handballs against part time football players in the WAFL every week would make our team better, that says enough as it is.

Today he's posting negative memes about Tabs from his cheeto covered fingers in his mum's basement. Just everything that guy does screams insecure virgin who cries when pickles are on his big mac.

Tabs wasn't perfect, but he gave us EVERYTHING. Can't believe some fans want to disrespect the bloke. Plus, the fact so many players called him a "weird unit" made him so much more lovable.

/rant.
I wouldn’t say hate, but he’s a bit of a self-involved flog.

I’m working under the impression that it’s the same person who does the bell tower times page.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say hate, but he’s a bit of a self-involved flog.

I’m working under the impression that it’s the same person who does the bell tower times page.
WTH?

Ice Cube Wtf GIF

Tabs was an enigma of a footballer. Basically a lottery pick, you could see why he dropped to the rookie draft but also the potential he had as a key forward. If he was just a little but better his output would have gone up exponentially. For that reason you could say he got a lot out of himself with that tinge of regret that it could have been so much more. But I hope he looks back on his career with a fair bit of pride.

Injuries probably prevented him from being a 200 game player, but even that would have been more reflective of our lack of a quality key forward than anything else.

Where to for Tabs and Kuek next year??. Remain at Peel or look elsewhere. I hope they don't remain a Peel. Also without them it will give an emerging forward/ruck in Jones to push his claims. Jones and Voss to be the KPFs at Peel next year.

Where to for Tabs and Kuek next year??. Remain at Peel or look elsewhere. I hope they don't remain a Peel. Also without them it will give an emerging forward/ruck in Jones to push his claims. Jones and Voss to be the KPFs at Peel next year.

I honestly feel that Voss is a better bet going forward. But peak Tabs was better than Voss will ever be.

I honestly feel that Voss is a better bet going forward. But peak Tabs was better than Voss will ever be.
This is probably a solid assessment, early Tabs also couldn't mark but I don't think it was as bad as Voss' marking.

Early Tabs kicking V Voss is probably a bit more even.

Plenty of scope to improve from Voss but a long way away from peak Tabs

Thanks for the service TAbs. Sadly the game was not good to you.
You gave your all every time you pulled on the Purple guernsey.
Hopefully all goes well for Tabs and what ever he goes into post Freo.
Senior coach.

Haha.

In all seriousness, just to echo previous comments, Tabs did get everything out of his limited potential and we should remember him for his professionalism.

It's an indictment against the club that he was our primary kpf for any amount of time. It's not his fault, but not finding a 2nd banana to put next to Tabs, also while he was injured at times, is on the club. As a fit player, he should've be 2nd banana himself, and that's only when he reached his peak late in his career.

All in all though, thumbs up.

I read that Taberner is still thinking through whether he seeks out another AFL club, which is fair enough. But if he decides he wants to continue, then it would seem that Jack Darling's impending exit from West Coast creates an opening for a slightly-past-his prime, frequently-injured forward there.

Any which way, I wish him well. Taberner, that is. Darling, meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back