Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not unique in this instance at all. The difference is that the club was on its knees because of outside influences.

If Rucci is in fact a PA supporter, he should've done something to help. Guy that makes absolutely no contribution criticizes others for not contributing.

He was doing something to help. He was trying to shame the lapsed Port supporters into going back and watching their team play.

I didn't at all like some of his vitriol directed at Port (the S bend comment that you mention) as time went on. Lines were crossed as the situation became worse and supporters weren't responding. Until Timmy G and Fiacch hit the right note by going back to the Port Adelaide roots. Which the club itself had abandoned in its quest to be loved by everyone.

So in short I agree that there have been instances where underlying factors have been ignored to create a story but maybe that wasn't the best example.

Even today I have listened to them discuss the SPP situation and there has been no mention of the role of Elspeth Hussey and Channel 7 in destroying a young man's reputation with unproven and to date unfounded allegations of sexual assault, while the identity of genuine predators is protected by the law.

The club was pretty pathetic back then... as was much of the supporter base. We'd lost our way. I have no problem with what he wrote.
At that point in time, what was he supposed to say? "Hey Port supporters, I know you justifyingly hate the SANFL and AAMI stadium, so just stay away for four years until AO is played at. Oh and just hope you don't die in the meantime. And that even if you do survive, the weaker you are, the weaker your bargaining position for any AO spoils will be."

I hated AAMI stadium, aka Crow Park. Everything about it - getting there, the facilities, the view, the way it was a homage to our rivals, the way we played there - but still got to games there 2008 - 2012 (I classify 2013 as the start of our turnaround, so I don't give kudo's to those jumping on once a turnaround was obviously underway).

I've said it before numerous times, that whilst obviously every Member is needed, and the more we have the better, in my eyes there's a clear cut difference between those Members 2012 or prior and the bandwagonners who've joined since 2013 (usual proviso of new to football, finances meant you couldn't earlier, weren't in country etc. gives a pass). Rucci was like a surgeon wielding a blunt scalpel, but he was still trying to save the patient.

At that point in time, what was he supposed to say? "Hey Port supporters, I know you justifyingly hate the SANFL and AAMI stadium, so just stay away for four years until AO is played at. Oh and just hope you don't die in the meantime. And that even if you do survive, the weaker you are, the weaker your bargaining position for any AO spoils will be."

I hated AAMI stadium, aka Crow Park. Everything about it - getting there, the facilities, the view, the way it was a homage to our rivals, the way we played there - but still got to games there 2008 - 2012 (I classify 2013 as the start of our turnaround, so I don't give kudo's to those jumping on once a turnaround was obviously underway).

I've said it before numerous times, that whilst obviously every Member is needed, and the more we have the better, in my eyes there's a clear cut difference between those Members 2012 or prior and the bandwagonners who've joined since 2013 (usual proviso of new to football, finances meant you couldn't earlier, weren't in country etc. gives a pass). Rucci was like a surgeon wielding a blunt scalpel, but he was still trying to save the patient.
This would sound good if Rucci was only ripping members and fans not turning up in his articles..

But again Rucci articles were criticising and trying to pull down the club from all directions..( Daily contributing just like Cornes and co. to the anti Port narrative)

And most on here saw it for what it was.....

The club got better in spite of his venom not because of it.

Port Adelaide will unveil "superboat" Trent McKenzie against Essendon at Etihad Stadium.

SUPERBOAT.... SUPERBOAT

try SUPERBOOT :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Trenty Mctrentface

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I have posted this on the Sam Powell Pepper Incident thread but it is just as appropriate here..

Kochie has come out and slammed those who used the term 'sexual assault' in the Powell Pepper incident.

Kochie has stopped short of directly criticising his employer but his comments are a pretty pointed none the less. Kochie is in a difficult situation and you have to feel that if he were not contracted to SEVEN he would be more direct in his criticism of SEVEN and certain individuals.

David Koch has also described Sam as a 'boofhead' which he might have left out. Particularly as that is the bit the Monopoly Mail has seized upon as it's headline. Not sure if you would put this in the nod's head or shake's head thread because while it is good that Kochie has a crack at the media's reporting of the incident it is rather scurrilous that the Murdoch Press choose to headline the article with, 'Powell-Pepper a boofhead says Koch'. I think I will opt for a shakes head.

Last edited:
I have posted this on the Sam Powell Pepper Incident thread but it is just as appropriate here..

Kochie has come out and slammed those who used the term 'sexual assault' in the Powell Pepper incident.

Kochie has stopped short of directly criticising his employer but his comments are a pretty pointed none the less. Kochie is in a difficult situation and you have to feel that if he were not contracted to SEVEN he would be more direct in his criticism of SEVEN and certain individuals.

David Koch has also described Sam as a 'boofhead' which he might have left out. Particularly as that is the bit the Monopoly Mail has seized upon as it's headline. Not sure if you would put this in the nod's head or shake's head thread because while it is good that Kochie has a crack at the media's reporting of the incident it is rather scurrilous that the Murdoch Press choose the headline the article as, 'Powell-Pepper a boofhead says Koch'. I think I will opt for a shakes head.

Link?

Port Adelaide will unveil superboat Trent McKenzie against ...
The Advertiser-16 hours ago
Line-breaker McKenzie's thumping left boot will be a weapon under the Etihad Stadium roof having been in exceptional form for Port Magpies averaging 26 touches and six rebound-50s this season. McKenzie once landed a 70 metre torpedo punt for the Suns in a pre-season clash against West Coast.

Don't ya love the Advertiser ... :D

It should be good / fun if he gets on to it with a 70m torpedo punt as Etihad Stadium is 159.5m long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So his only story line was c'mon Port fans ... Where are ya?

No ... He was putting down everything Port and Sundry !
Day after day ..,,article after article....Jeez ...

Somehow its been rehabilitated to he was only trying to get the missing fans back?? WTF???

He ,like Cornes,was more the cause of fans not turning up with his constant carping and bitching...

Not just about missing fans for heavens sake.

He's a sniping opportunist not Robin Hood or the messiah...

... And don't think he won't be waiting to put the knife in again
if we have a change of fortunes.
or he falls out with someone at the club again.
"He was putting down everything Port and Sundry! Day after day ..,,article after article!"

Lol. You actually negate the argument .. Which was the Rucci was sniping the supporters. He wasn't! He was attacking EVERYTHING THAT WAS FAILING at Port. And that was a hell of a lot. Telling him to buy a membership is such a huge joke! He was agitating, agitating! He loves Port, and was hurting! Yes he got some things wrong, maybe overdid some thing, but in most he was correct! His constant harping and attacks infuriated the club and supporter, but much of what he was saying was being said here! In fact, more strongly by some! It was just that it angered us that it was made public for the Crowbots to laugh at!

This is not revising history, as some have suggested ... it was what it was, and even though I was angry at him at the time, I do feel that his constant agitating was an important part of the catalyst that brought about change. Sadly that is what history is all about ... Hindsight! Refusal to see it at the time is understandable, but refusal to acknowledge it now, is just dumb!

"He was putting down everything Port and Sundry! Day after day ..,,article after article!"]

Firstly,there is no need to call another opinion to yours dumb ... especially if they take the time to try and explain their reasons for their disertion...

Secondy and now quoting you... and gee it seems you agree with a lot of what we are saying ...

....in your own words...

" He was attacking EVERYTHING THAT WAS FAILING at Port.
And that was a hell of a lot.
He was agitating, agitating!
Yes he got some things wrong, maybe overdid some thing,

His constant harping and attacks infuriated the club and supporter,

It was just that it angered us that it was made public for the Crowbots to laugh at!

... it was what it was, and even though I was angry at him at the time,"

But you were happy for this continual carping on while I wasn't

Question to you:

Do you admit that a lot of if not most of this daily criticisms directed to Port was anything at all to do with a personal feud with Choco and others at the club at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back