Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Vic media get stuck into St Kilda for tweeting "Ben, if you ever want to come home......." ;)

Doubt it, their vitriol is reserved for off-the-cuff remarks from SA recruiters.

The Suns got stuck in about it, there was a few articles but not much else. Sorry but it's fair game, this is a competition.

Will the Vic media get stuck into St Kilda for tweeting "Ben, if you ever want to come home......." ;)

Doubt it, their vitriol is reserved for off-the-cuff remarks from SA recruiters.
In the King twins post-draft interview they said multiple times that they might be playing together again in a few years, only for a while etc etc. So bloody obvious that Ben is on a plane back to Victoria the first chance he gets.

In the King twins post-draft interview they said multiple times that they might be playing together again in a few years, only for a while etc etc. So bloody obvious that Ben is on a plane back to Victoria the first chance he gets.
Meanwhile the Crows faithful are adamant the sole reason the Crows traded to get supposedly higher picks next year is to trade one of the SA boys back as apparently the Suns will want a high first round pick in return.

I mean, seriously, what are they drinking, as if in any way shape or form the Suns would allow any of their top three to jump ship the year after being drafted to them.

They would make the SA boys go to the draft rather than that.
Then again maybe that is the cunning plan that Reid has concocted.
Advise Luko or Rankine to demand, due to homesickness, to come home, refuse to go to any club but the Crows and then if Crows have first pick, and the Suns don’t come to the party, go to the draft and be picked up there.

However with the big money now poured into the Suns’ retention program they will be expecting the lads to stay.

Rankine on the Gold Coast though is a bit risky, they might need to keep a bit of an eye on him after hours I reckon.

Last edited:
For all the players who will freely and happily go interstate to give their best there's still a significant number who are likely to want to go home. We'll never have a truly national competition while 1 state continues to be the major destination for players after a few years at their drafted club.

For all the players who will freely and happily go interstate to give their best there's still a significant number who are likely to want to go home. We'll never have a truly national competition while 1 state continues to be the major destination for players after a few years at their drafted club.
We'll never have a truly national competition while 55% of the teams are in one state and given priority regarding fixture, telecast, and a whole gamut of other things including who wears what guernsey etc.

We will never have a truly national competition, full-effing-stop.

Meanwhile the Crows faithful are adamant the sole reason the Crows traded to get supposedly higher picks next year is to trade one of the SA boys back as apparently the Suns will want a high first round pick in return.

I mean, seriously, what are they drinking, as if in any way shape of form the Suns would allow any of their top three to jump ship the year after being drafted to them.

Advise Luko or Rankine to demand, due to homesickness, to come home, refuse to go to any club but the Crows and then if Crows have first pick, and the Suns don’t come to the party, go to the draft and be picked up there.

However with the big money now poured into the Suns’ retention program they will be expecting the lads to stay.

Rankine on the Gold Coast though is a bit risky, they might need to keep a bit of an eye on him after hours I reckon.

except they have 2 year contracts not 1. So suns can just say no and thats it.

except they have 2 year contracts not 1. So suns can just say no and thats it.
With Tim Kelly asking to go back after one year and the clubs and the AFL deferring or rather kowtowing to the players on movements immediate moves back to home states may become a reality soon.

One is at Gold Coast and one at St Kilda.

I don't think it's so clear cut about who is leaving who.

Sent from mTalk

One is at Gold Coast and one at St Kilda.

I don't think it's so clear cut about who is leaving who.

Sent from mTalk
Max and Ben grew up in Victoria. Max is going to be playing for St Kilda, who he grew up supporting. I think it's entirely clear who will end up leaving their initial club, and it isn't Max.

Absolute garbage if the Tingles supporters believe that. If that was exposed as being predetermined the AFL would intervene. They're just saving face because their draft was atrocious.

Rankine reeks a lot of a potential Bennell situation if GC don't get their act together. Hopefully we can lure him back after two years if that is the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, seriously, what are they drinking, as if in any way shape or form the Suns would allow any of their top three to jump ship the year after being drafted to them.

Well let's hope life rides Carlton next year, not too much though! Just enough for a mid table finish

Most of the media for the crows at the moment is around their trades. Very little discussion about the player picks.

They did give Scholl the "can't believe he didn't go earlier" treatment though.

ya joking

Dangerfield's dos and don'ts for a draftee... That's a bit rich Danger, you stayed in school for a year after being drafted in another state!!!!

http://outline.com/nq939b
Pretty decent article, brings some insights you don't normally get. No surprise that Simon Goodwin is a campaigner

Most of the media for the crows at the moment is around their trades. Very little discussion about the player picks.

They did give Scholl the "can't believe he didn't go earlier" treatment though.
Pretty smart trading by the crows tho.

No go-home factor with Taswegians.

I like how they had that thread on their board about getting Luko/Rankine/Rozee/Hately, spent most of the year hoping and celebrating their team might tank and they ended up with none of them.

I am really excited by our drafting now!!!

"There were three players from Tasmania drafted this season - with North Melbourne's Tarryn Thomas and Port Adelaide's Chayce Jones being picked inside the top 10 - while Richmond picked Clarence's Fraser Turner with pick 58."

Bet you guys didn't know that! :rolleyes:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-ceos-discuss-stand-alone-tasmanian-team-20181123-p50hx6.html

Chayce Jones
Steamin' and a-rollin'
Chayce Jones
You never have to guess
When you hear the tootin' of the whistle
It's Chayce at the throttle of the Cannonball Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back