The mysterious last list spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Around 196cm. Has had injury issues (growth related from what I understand).

Have seen little of him though so perhaps Snoop Dog or TRS might know more.

Eligable next year so more should become clear then.

yep thats about it - he is big kid and he needs to fill out a bit but he is a bottom ager and the club are waiting on him for next year and seeing how he goes.

You're on a different wavelength to me on this one. I was just responding to Blaze's initial assertion that a player of similar midget proportions to the players I listed wouldn't be able to play at VFL level (a point which Blaze later clarified). It had nothing to do with AFL level.

As for Melbourne IMO it depends almost entirely on the talent of those smalls. If they were say drafting 10 Rioli's or 10 Boomer Harvey's then go for it because talent will always win out, however if they're taking 10 smalls who have similar talent levels to 10 six footers (which from state league levels is likely) then take the six footers because they'll foreseeably have less limitations long term.

Well I'm on the wavelength of what you said about Melbourne. I dont have any problems if the Pies go out and recruit 6 Riolis. Unfortunately, I dont think the Collingwood short people are up to that level. I dont like pointing out individual players because I just dont, but we have a shitload of little blokes for the midfield and forward and we have one Travis Cloke, one Q-tip and and and and......

I'm praying that Lynch is up to it. I've heard the story that he was good in 2010 before Nic Nat took his spot of forward-cum-parttime ruck....and that he's been lamenting this loss for the last 2 years and now he wants to re-establish himself doing that role again..... ah huh...

Of course, if he doesn't come up to speed, we have ....well.....hopefully Witts or Grundy will be ready.. Or we could go with just Jolly in the ruck and use Payne...

And then there are injuries to worry about..... but at least we'll have plenty of short people.

On a positive note, I've got great confidence in the coaching group to sort out any problems with team balance. I think that they have done a fantastic job with the ruck situation in the past month or so. I couldnt be happier. Malthouse never rated big-men and it showed right through his coaching career. I liked Buckley's comment about how he wanted his ruckmen to be like.....animals..

Remove this Banner Ad

The mysterious last list spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back