Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University

Collingwood Father/Son Nominations:
  • Callum Brown (son of Gavin) - likely to go 2nd to 3rd round
  • Josh Daicos (son of Peter) - likely to go 3rd round onwards
The Bidding Process: (Source: Herald Sun)
The order of picks will change on the night as clubs lodge bids for father-son nominations and players from Sydney, GWS, Brisbane and Gold Coast talent academies.

Every draft pick from 1-73 is allocated a points value from 9-3000 and if a rival club bids on a nominated player, the club that nominated them has the option of matching that pick (minus a 20 per cent discount) with points from their own selections — and taking the player.

The same rules apply for father-son nominations — Essendon last year lodged a cheeky bid for Jack Silvagni with pick 53, forcing Carlton to match it to claim the son of SOS.

Clubs don’t have to match a bid — the Bulldogs placed a bid for Josh Dunkley at pick 24 last year even though he had been nominated by Sydney as a father-son selection. The Swans decided not to match and Dunkley is now a premiership player.

Expert Phantom Drafts:
  • Callum Twomey - Shai Bolton (small balanced mid/forward)
  • Brett Anderson - Shai Bolton (small balanced mid/forward)
  • Sam Landsberger - Brennan Cox (key defender)
  • Emma Quayle - Jack Maibaum (key defender)
Bigfooty Expert Phantom Drafts:
  • Knightmare - Shai Bolton (small balanced mid/fwd), Callum Brown (small inside mid), Josh Daicos (small forward/outside mid), Ryan Garthwaite (key defender), Lachlan Tiziani (medium forward)
  • Snoop Dogg - Brennan Cox (key defender). Callum Brown (small inside mid), Josh Daicos (small forward/outside mid), Patrick Lipinski (medium forward), Brett Eddy (key forward)
Draft Order
2016draftorder.png

Hey guys, it's game day!

For more information on our picks and telecast details check out this link:

http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-11-24/the-draft-all-you-need-to-know

It will be broadcast nationally on Fox Footy (channel 504) from 6.30pm (AEDT). The draft itself is expected to begin at approximately 7pm. Every selection will be shown live on Fox, while Melbourne radio station SEN 1116 will broadcast the event from 6.45pm.

Collingwood’s draft picks
No. 28, No. 44, No. 51, No. 61, No. 64

Anyone else getting excited!

I think you were pipped at the post unfortunately Quicky!

Anywho my hopes for tonight in order of when they're taken (academy bids make it an impossibility to get our selection numbers):

1. Battle
2. Brown
3. Daicos
4: McCarthy
5: Allsop

That depends on list makeup obviously and my smoky for our final selection is Marty Hore.

Does anyone know if there is a stream for this, for those without fox?

The AFL draft is up here in Sydney this year, just a short drive from me actually.

Anybody have any thoughts about how one might go about gatecrashing such an event? Hypothetically of course.

Wouldn't it be funny if somebody managed to unfurl a banner "TradeDraft welcomes you!"? I can't imagine that anybody would think to do that though.

Last edited:
The AFL draft is up here in Sydney this year, just a short drive from me actually.

Anybody have any thoughts about how one might go about gatecrashing the event? Hypothetically of course.

Wouldn't it be funny if somebody managed to get in and unfurl a banner "Tradedraft welcomes you!"? I can't imagine that anybody would think to do that though.

I'd get dressed up in my best suit and pretend to be Hugh McCluggages older brother or something. I'm going to be disappointed if I don't see a TradeDraft banner now.

For the first pick I've made up two banners to cover eventualities: : "Tradedraft welcomes Jack Maibum" and "Tradedraft welcomes Cox"

For the second pick it's a choice of "Tradedraft welcomes Callum Brown" or "Tradedraft goes mental on the anger emoticons".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you were pipped at the post unfortunately Quicky!

Anywho my hopes for tonight in order of when they're taken (academy bids make it an impossibility to get our selection numbers):

1. Battle
2. Brown
3. Daicos
4: McCarthy
5: Allsop

That depends on list makeup obviously and my smoky for our final selection is Marty Hore.

Would love that draft!

I'm torn between wanting Shai Bolton - as the line breaker we need - and freaking out about the fact he'd probably just want to go home to WA in 2 years. What is it with WA? It's the go home capital of the world.

For those of us without Foxtel, what's the best way to watch/be up to date with the draft as it progresses? Is there a live feed?
If you have an AFL live subscription you can watch it on the app, otherwise the AFL site has a live selection list that's updated every few minutes

I'm torn between wanting Shai Bolton - as the line breaker we need - and freaking out about the fact he'd probably just want to go home to WA in 2 years. What is it with WA? It's the go home capital of the world.

I also would Love Bolton but I would back out Club to keep him at club and Him not to get Homesick but there are Plenty of others we could Pick.

The Homesickness could be the 2 WA Sides playing Funny Buggers and Hine could call there Bluff

If you have an AFL live subscription you can watch it on the app, otherwise the AFL site has a live selection list that's updated every few minutes

SEN is also have great Draft Coverage

Really looking forward to reading all the bigfooty expert opinions tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day The National Draft Day discussion thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back