Game Day The National Draft Day discussion thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been many reports from recruiters regarding the key forwards in this draft. The consensus is they're poo and unlikely to make it long term in the AFL, see Aaron Black type. Therefore having Maibum mainly beating these players on the way to an AA jumper doesn't fill me with confidence.

Read somewhere that he was moved on to Schache last season in a game when he was killing it and totally took him out of the match.

By all reports the guy just beats his opponents at U18 level.

By the same token, maybe Brown and Daicos are top ten players who we've told to tank. Unlikely, but you can only hope.
Doubt it for Brown, he had to work his arse off just to get on a TAC list after the Chargers rejected him. Wouldn't surprise me with Daicos though. There have been persistent rumours that he's been held back and told not to 'show off' during the year, in addition to his mysterious absence from TAC last year to 'focus on school'.

Hopefully I can do the Welcome to Collingwood Threads tonight as I/We know when Picks/Bids happen.

Please let me do them

TD, a new player isn't really welcomed to Collingwood unless you post the thread. But you do need some content.

And remember, if we mods have to merge threads, the first one, in chronological order, wins out! It's the software, we can't control it.

I would like us to use the 5 picks, particularly if it is a draft with quality depth, were we can perhaps get best available at 28(or whatever it becomes), then match the father sons, then draft 2 late on a needs basis. However, I also understand that the way we have set up the rookie list currently might mean we only end up with 4.

From memory last year there was a choice of watching the panel against pressing red for each selection. My memory could be failing me though.

You are right and Hope They do Same

TD, a new player isn't really welcomed to Collingwood unless you post the thread. But you do need some content.

And remember, if we mods have to merge threads, the first one, in chronological order, wins out! It's the software, we can't control it.
Maybe the one with the most effort should be kept and the other locked? Encourage more effort instead of sniping to be first past the post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I 1st post I will. then Add Tweet and Ibfo after Draft
No, put content in the OP. It sucks balls having to trawl through a welcome thread trying to find the actual player info. You should have Brown and Daicos' threads pre-done and ready to go at the moment they get called. I'm expecting detailed OP's Dave, or you lose your Welcome to Collingwood rights!

I said I will add Tweet shortly after Pick/s then add info after draft.

I post little when Picked to make sure I get it 1st.

That okay Vicky Park ?

No, put content in the OP. It sucks balls having to trawl through a welcome thread trying to find the actual player info. You should have Brown and Daicos' threads pre-done and ready to go at the moment they get called. I'm expecting detailed OP's Dave, or you lose your Welcome to Collingwood rights!

I will but Tweet will come after Pick

Let hope all of our draftees tonight , help us as a team to

Make Collingwood Great Again

wyw9BgP.jpg

Maybe the one with the most effort should be kept and the other locked? Encourage more effort instead of sniping to be first past the post.
1000x this mods. Sick of having terrible welcome threads with no content because of people trying to snipe in before Dave puts his together properly.

Would've liked to add "Position" for each player but that was a lot of extra time I couldn't be bothered spending.

Anyway, here goes. As usual it falls away a bit after 30, which makes it a bit hard with people like Villis not being ranked...

Great work, thanks

1000x this mods. Sick of having terrible welcome threads with no content because of people trying to snipe in before Dave puts his together properly.

You not the only 1 Apex36

Makes me rush to get thread up

pablo disco bar, barrackers and boxmatrix. Please have a heart and let TD do the Welcome threads. It means a lot to him and most posters like it when he posts them, it's part of the culture of the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day The National Draft Day discussion thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back