****The new super, dooper Hawk quiz - Premiership years only****

Remove this Banner Ad

AH

A specific answer would give it away.

Let's just say that the answer is consistent with the rules of the thread.

Hmmm

Maybe some clues.

In accordance with the rules of the thread, the player in question is a Hawthorn Premiership player. His Grandfather won his Premierships at another VFL club.

The player's premiership team includes four Team of the Century players,none of whom was captain.

The Grandfather and Grandson share the same surname.

I thought that the stats freaks would have identified the player well before this.

Hmmm

Maybe some clues.

In accordance with the rules of the thread, the player in question is a Hawthorn Premiership player. His Grandfather won his Premierships at another VFL club.

The player's premiership team includes four Team of the Century players,none of whom was captain.

The Grandfather and Grandson share the same surname.

I thought that the stats freaks would have identified the player well before this.

Just a guess - John Hendrie

No

Don Scott, a Team of the Century selection, was Captain in both of Bomber's Premiership.

Sorry about the confusion

There is only one Premiership side that meets the criterion of four Team of the Century selections and none of whom was Captain of that Premiership side.

I know that half of your question is correct.

So.........

So

What is the answer?

Good turn

He was the first to get near it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To maintain the momentum of this thread it appears that I have to spell out the detail. Adelaide Hawk knows the answer but believing that Fevola99 also knew, ceded the right to Fevola99 to deliver the coup de grace because he was the first to make the connection between George and Geoff Angus.

George Angus, Geoff’s Grandfather played in the 1902, 1903 and 1910 Collingwood Premiership sides. Geoff played in Hawthorn’s 1971 Premiership side, which is our only side to have four Team of the Century players and where the captain of that team (David Parkin) is not a member of the ToC.

As additional information, George was Captain/Coach of the 1910 side and his son played for Collingwood in the 1928 semi final.

Therefore, the answer is
Geoff Angus

I now pass on the baton

Can I jump in and ask a question and also suggest that we have 2 or 3 questions going the same time - therefore this thread is active ALL the time.

My question

1971 Grand Final team - How many players played 100 games or more for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

****The new super, dooper Hawk quiz - Premiership years only****

Remove this Banner Ad

Back