The next dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a couple of peices of the puzzle short, and about 25 games short in the kids.

We have the forwards, and with Tyler Welsh in 2024, that's only going to get stronger.

Out backline is quite good as well, with Butts, Murray, Hinge, Worrell and Michaelanny.

We have decent rucks, and that leaves a couple of areas that we need to improve on.
One would be that rebounding half back flankers to replace Smith and Seedsman. The club is going all in on Redman, and we proberbly need another in that mold.
Then that just leaves us some midfield depth and talent. We need another Dawson or two.
We need that breakaway speed, line breaking ability with elite disposal into the forward 50.
That needs to be our priority in the next couple of years.

If we nail that then we absolutely will be in the premiership window.
Well your teams 2018-22 rebuild is fine. yes there were some flaws, But as you said, some crows kids are coming though well.

Pick 6 in 2019 was fisher McAsey. Could of easily of been Cale Serong, Haydeny young or Kysiah Pickett.

what ever happens, Crows will either sneak in for a finals spot in 2023 and miss out in 2024. Or miss out in this season or make finals in 2024 then miss out on 2025 finishing 9th to 11th.

Either way, Crows window will be between 2026-28.

If I told you after the 2017 grand final your team was gonna spend 5 seasons in a row missing out on finals, I would of been laughed at.

But Sadly, with only 8 finals spots and 10 teams miss out each season, its gonna be common for teams to spend 5 or 6 years in a row not making finals.

West coast will go through this.

Mines Collingwood.

They are in a good space and got a real nice vibe about the place again.

First time in my lifetime we are doing all the right things and like everything we touch turns to gold.

Its been a huge turn around and at times has not been easy.

We have a great set up and we continue to recuit the best.

Only time will tell but ill be surprised if Collingwood dont win a premiership this year or next year.

I know its only 1 but i feel like its only a matter of time in like these next 2-3 years.

I am not sure on the other teams i dont follow them but there are other good teams in the same mix as well.

But im fine at where Collingwood are at and the future is bright.

Gold Coast - with a new coach to get all their superstar kids al pulling in the one direction, the Suns will finally realise their potential and become the next dynasty team.
On the 3AW Rumour file this morning we were told a prospective new coach of a team north of the border has already issued a comprehensive wish list of players he wants at the club. If this is true, it can only be Dimma, and sounds like Brisbane under Leigh Matthews

On the 3AW Rumour file this morning we were told a prospective new coach of a team north of the border has already issued a comprehensive wish list of players he wants at the club. If this is true, it can only be Dimma, and sounds like Brisbane under Leigh Matthews

You have to be correct. No young, inexperienced coach would make demands before they have even arrived. The only possible scenario in this situation is that it is Dimma. If that is all true, I think Gold Coast will be a force to be reckoned with from the next year and building from there. A bit scary really. The only thing stopping both the expansion teams in the past was a lack of culture and team first game plan. That will be the first thing Dimma brings.

You don't foresee dynasties, they happen in retrospect.
Absolutely nobody saw geelong coming… nobody saw hawks coming…. Nobody saw Brisbane either…. The champion sides are very non linear in their trajectories to the top.

Everyone expects a slow build-up to success and looks for the next big thing in the 4th-8th range... When is often a club labelled a “disappointment” from outside the 8 or under the radar who pulls it off.

Even tho the standard of the competition has dramatically dropped off since 2016 i would still say very good teams can bob up and win multiple flags.

Freo need to cut hard around the edges but I think their drop back this season is ensuring people ignore the youth side of their list. They are in need of a couple of big lands but I think with a few teams entering big rebuilds they could go hard at some value improvements.

I like that in the list of 25 and under players they’ve probably got elite potential in all positions bar key defender. Brennan Cox is still good but probably not elite talent like Serong/Amiss types.

Might need a new coach too but certainly think they’re just as capable as any of the middling mediocre sides to take a big step.

A lot will depend on the next level crop of Worner, O’Driscoll, Johnson, Erasmus, Chapman, Treacy, Sturt, Walker (RIP his knee, although I didn’t rate him that highly prior), Stanley and Davies types - if they get 6 best 22 players out of that lot then they’ll be in a lot better hands.

Collingwood but it wont start in 2023.

2024 will be the year things fall into place and they start to kick other teams arses week to week.

not there yet in 2023 just yet.

If not Pies im tipping either port or lions for the flag.

Still another year in transistion.

I like the Lions more the port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The next dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back