Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the ladder predictor. One loss to us - Adelaide.

Final result:

North Melbourne - 9th 108.7 :(

Some comfort that I'm a bad tipster.
Tipping the correct number of wins for each team is hard enough, but trying to guess if we will finish with a higher percentage than the teams around us... that's just a waste of time

Tipping the correct number of wins for each team is hard enough, but trying to guess if we will finish with a higher percentage than the teams around us... that's just a waste of time

Dude we're writing lots of online messages about a group of men who are payed well above the average wage to kick an inflated piece of animal hide through 2 poles once a week and stop a group of other men doing the same at the same time. It's all a waste of time really!

Dude we're writing lots of online messages about a group of men who are payed well above the average wage to kick an inflated piece of animal hide through 2 poles once a week and stop a group of other men doing the same at the same time. It's all a waste of time really!

nice one KC, some of your best work.

Trouble is you look at it like that and start wondering "what the hell am I doing with my life?!"

No need to ask myself - my partner (and now my kids) ask me all the time.

Wow Dayle Garlett.

Didn't want to play for Hawthorn, goes to Swan Districts.

Didn't want to play for Swan Districts, goes to Dandaragan (wasn't he one of the musketeers?)

Didn't want to play for Dandaragan, goes to Swan View.

Keeps dropping down the ranks at that speed and he'll be kicking a milk carton around a hill's hoist by himself a la Muriel's Wedding in a few weeks.

Haha very true

Did the ladder predictor. One loss to us - Adelaide.

Final result:

North Melbourne - 9th 108.7 :(

Some comfort that I'm a bad tipster.

Thats where i have us as well. Said during the bye week, we lose to Geelong, we miss the 8.

Normally, youd think there would be significant ramifications for missing the 8 again, but i just cant see it. In a lot of facets, the club is weak atm. I would imagine missing the finals would change BS tune a fair bit. Will be under the pump the entire '15 season unless they come out firing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive got us 7th and thats losing to the crows, essendon winning every game, crows winning every game and the pies only dropping their match against hawthorn.

If thats the case, it can easily be by percentage, but weve got gws and melbourne who we beat by 40ish points earlier in the year.

Doing the potential scores for etc ive only got us 2% above collingwood in ninth though,

****! WE COULD MISS THE FINALS

Did any of you bball followers see me boy Paul George's broken leg?

Just f***ed my NBA season before it even started... I was looking forward to the NBA after the roos get smacked early in the AFL finals but now I'll get a double whammy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any of you bball followers see me boy Paul George's broken leg?

Just f***ed my NBA season before it even started... I was looking forward to the NBA after the roos get smacked early in the AFL finals but now I'll get a double whammy!!

That is ****ed up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not non North related but I was watching Luke Parker on Friday night go about tearing up the *
For someone in the system 5 years he is ****in ripped.
The physique he has for a 22-23 yo elite endurance football player stood out.
As usual I referred back to our mids on Saturday night and I just wonder wtf happens at weights sessions. Do our boys REALLY get every single inch out of themselves? Do they push the limits?
Stark contrasts. Not turning this into a Parker v Basti thing but this is what Im referring to
upload_2014-8-6_10-45-19.jpeg upload_2014-8-6_10-46-18.jpeg

Almost all of the Sydney players are built like brick shithouses. Jetta and Jack are the only ones I can think of that are average size and they are outside types. Cunningham, Jones, Mitchell all debuted as big units. I don't know if they recruit already built body types or they just have a good strength and conditioning coach, but they have them up to playing weight quick as ****.

I know it should be ultimately up to the players but our Strength and Conditioning coach has to start taking some heat for this. Blokes like Basti, Wright, Black, have been in the system for 4-5 years and aren't even close to the finished product. Its not good enough.
For all the football skill and talent a player may have, upper body and core strength in Aussie Rules today is pivotal.
The ability to stand up in a tackle, keep your feet, shrug off opponents, hold up in a marking contest and not be bumped off the ball.

Spot on. Especially with the congestion in todays football. If we had most players built upto Cunners/Atley/Boomer standard we would win a lot more contests.
Boomer is just a beautifully built machine. Speed, strength he is a ball of muscle on jets.
The way he goes about training and preparing Im amazed so many of draftees havnt taken this on board.
Watching Selwood, Johnson, Bartel shrug tackles at will- its not about having 3 or 4 players with that ability but having the majority of our midfield be able to if we are serious about contending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back