Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Props to the hawks. Won 4 flags and rebuilt in a few years whilst we still can’t string 2 wins together. Impressive club and organisation

It’s called not ****ing around with your head coaching position.

Who would have thought the Hawks would be right in contention for finals at this point?
if they won against pies in gather round and didn’t fall on a banana peel against the power. they would be sitting top 4 atm, does it make our loss against them a little tiny tad respectable if they reigning premiers can’t get with in 40 points of them?

if they won against pies in gather round and didn’t fall on a banana peel against the power. they would be sitting top 4 atm, does it make our loss against them a little tiny tad respectable if they reigning premiers can’t get with in 40 points of them?
Likewise, we could have won 4 of our last 6 with even less going our way.

We'll be fine.

Darcy Moore making life hard for Chol LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Props to the hawks. Won 4 flags and rebuilt in a few years whilst we still can’t string 2 wins together. Impressive club and organisation
It's been more than a few years for them. Plenty of players from the Clarko era.
We've only had two drafts (counting the Sheez) and one trade period really to recruit with some sort of stability.
I think we'll catch up soon enough but right now they're a year or two ahead of us on their build.
It’s more than that. It’s just good leadership and administration in general.
Yes that's true. They expect to win flags given their history.
But it's amazing to me the racism saga didn't cause more turmoil for them, remarkably unscathed in hindsight.
You can say that's strong leadership but there was a leadership and staff change and things could've gone the other way quite easily. To me there's an element of luck as well that's been on their side as well recently.

Hahahaha the pre game highlights package of dogs showing Libba….3 close ups of handballs all volleyball slaps 🤣🤣🤣 with a toss over the shoulder…..couldn’t script it any better for “throws”

It's been more than a few years for them. Plenty of players from the Clarko era.
We've only had two drafts (counting the Sheez) and one trade period really to recruit with some sort of stability.
I think we'll catch up soon enough but right now they're a year or two ahead of us on their build.

Yes that's true. They expect to win flags given their history.
But it's amazing to me the racism saga didn't cause more turmoil for them, remarkably unscathed in hindsight.
You can say that's strong leadership but there was a leadership and staff change and things could've gone the other way quite easily. To me there's an element of luck as well that's been on their side as well recently.
It just seems like their main focus every year is to get better and to win. They don’t seem to make excuses. Some clubs have it. Right now we don’t and haven’t had for a long time.

Five picks inside 25 in this deep draft wouldn’t be the worst result. Surely accelerates the rebuild.
The only way we could do that is sliding back from 2/3 and/or trading the F1.
A bit fantasy land stuff unfortunately as I don't think Freo would be that keen to move up the order but we'll see.

They have traded well on top of solid drafting. Mature and close to mature players like Meek, Amon and Impey, Ginnivan have really helped. Amon was close to AA a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back