Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Port getting destroyed at home on a nice day, no injuries and I think they were the favourites, 79 point 79 points!
You'd think that's a coach killer but you know the more I think about it, Kenny's going alright, and so is Kochie, in fact wouldn't it be so good if Port do the right thing for the fans and give them extensions for another three years!
I wonder if people are still happy to pay 1m x 3 for some Port midfield table scraps?

It's what shits me about him and the constant fawning over him.

Yes, he's good. But the non efforts without the ball never seem to be called.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Oh, Cornes used to call it out.

... When he played for us.

Imagine barracking so hard to get belted so you could sack your coach, rather than put that effort into barracking to make finals. It's mind boggling to me.

Looking at the Port game from the perspective of the Port list build, I reckon it makes an interesting study of strategy (and strategic mistakes).

If you looked at the first half of the current Port list build, they brained it in the 2018 draft with Rozee, Butters and Durrsma, thanks in large part to North's naivety in giving up a top 1o pick for Polec.

It's the second half of their build that's the problem. Basically they traded out of TWO drafts, to get 2 players, JHF and Willie Rioli.

While both have been (mostly) good, the problem has been that when obvious holes appear in the list in the back six, they haven't had the draft capital to fill them with proven quality, and instead have had to (a) trade one reasonable young player (Duursma) for an average young player (Zerk thatcher) and (b) hit the RFA market (Ratugolea)

But with that latter, the recruiting club is vulnerable to paying over the market to get the player to move, and Ratugoles proves a lesser footballer than he was when he was playing alongside Tom Stewart.

The lesson for me is that you need to "win" multiple drafts - just one (like port in 2018) is not enough. In our situation that means it's so important that McKercher and Duursma match the quality of Sheezel and Wardlaw.

And the point also applies this year - with another high draft pick, the priority has to be quality. Position doesn't matter, we can tackle that later - take the best player regardless of position at whatever pick we have

I think they are already a pretty good side but need a fresh voice & maybe another key fwd

They should have a go at Chris Scott.

The jokes is so old you could cut it open and could the ring in it ! 🤣😂
Lies I tell ya!

I definitely coined it and was the first person to ever say it today

Worst part about playing in Tassie was the dewy ground, leading to a wet ball, that then basically froze because of the low temp Sat morning.

Then copping that to the nads.

I was also a soccer goalie as a kid, and the above combo almost brings me to tears remembering the pain from the ball slapping into you.
Out at Cadbury and the ground had frost and the puddles were frozen...

I had to drive in to Launceston early this morning. Below 0 and frost all the way up the Tamar and I've got to do the same thing tomorrow. Its forecast to be even colder. I pity the fool poor kid playing footy or soccer.

Same. Her big point was that Bailey had played on (unnecessarily familiar to use his first name, btw), but it’s not up to the opponents to decide that. At the very least the umpire should have put Collingwood back on the mark and Bailey behind it to take his kick, that happens when there’s confusion, but he looked across at the umpire for either that or a 50 and got neither.
She would have seen him join the club as a kid and begin to mature, might have even been involved before he was drafted via Melbourne Uni with him getting into engineering, so it is understandable.

Agree with the rest 100%.

Earlier this year I leapt to smother, somehow ended up in a star jump type position. Bloke kicks the ball off the side of his boot, straight in my nads, and then don't argued me while I was retching on the ground. Lmao.
Have you got video?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have bugger all love for Port, but putting my schadenfreude aside for a moment, it's a bit of a mind**** how Hinkley has held on for so long. Given it could be argued we had a similiarish situation with Scott I can definitely feel their pain. At least Brad was eloquent enough when making his excuses, Kenny boy meanwhile sounds like he should be 6 tinnies deep in the stands with his shirt off rather than in the coaches box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back