VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What are people thinking with Ford? I personally have him in my 23, could easily play a role like Tucker if need be and obviously is dangerous forward. If it was between Curtis and him tomorrow (both fit) I wouldn't hesitate to go with Ford for the win on the day right now.

Question is how much footy he's missed over pre season and whether we need to ease him in. He is clearly now a level above VFL and so the question will come quickly if he's not in the team.

He was flying up until January. With his improved aerobic capacity, I think he has to be ahead of Stephenson and Tucker for half forward/wing positions.

I think Curtis offers a bit of point of difference in our forward line so I’d keep him in, but I can guarantee Ford will be more consistent.

He was flying up until January. With his improved aerobic capacity, I think he has to be ahead of Stephenson and Tucker for half forward/wing positions.

I think Curtis offers a bit of point of difference in our forward line so I’d keep him in, but I can guarantee Ford will be more consistent.
Yeah fair enough, I wasn't sure how much disruption he'd had. I agree he looks really primed, will get in sooner rather than later IMO.

Curtis out, Ford in for me. Curtis is only relying on his strength, he needs to delvelop other parts to his game.

Stephenson has had 2 pretty good practice games and even in the match sims he was good. I'm liking the idea of Tucker being part of the mid/wing rotations as he rolls back better than some to help out and cover down back.

Good problem to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we know if it'll be online like a regular VFL game?
Highly doubt it .nothing from the doggies about a live stream.so I guess we will be relying on club reports..And people who attend the game.strong north side so should be a good contest

Quick net search has him as a 200cm forward. Nice.

Will be a different feel to the VFL side this year.

Goad is an absolute monster even with his slight build and looks like one on the field in person. Add Free to that also.

With a few of Will Dawson, Comben/Biggie, and one of Pink/Corr/K Dawson as well as Sellers, it will feel far taller lineup than previous, years imo. Particularly when Logue comes back.

I wonder if we were told to put a cap on the number of North listed players? Would have hoped that all the others who aren't going to play AFL round 1 would get a game. Sellers, Will Dawson, Hardeman, RHJ, Drury, Maley.

I wonder if we were told to put a cap on the number of North listed players? Would have hoped that all the others who aren't going to play AFL round 1 would get a game. Sellers, Will Dawson, Hardeman, RHJ, Drury, Maley.
I don't think they can play unless they've missed time over pre season.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Much more versatile too. Has skills, smarts, spunk and can do a number on intercepting half backs.

When he is fit, he is a lock.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back