Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Education today is more about whats "right" vs what is useful. Don't get me started šŸ˜•

Yep.

I have close relatives who are teachers, and they told me it's about 'positive reinforcement' and not upsetting the kids sensitivities šŸ™„

I don't want to get started either.

Did anyone see the Sam Landsberger article about home crowd free kick advantage per team? This may be paywalled: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/46babc73b3019171c8d7d965ddc13a71

It shows that Geelong have a zero free kick differential at home, which is one of the worst home differentials. The cats have a -32 differential at away venues.

So, in a half-witted assessment, the cats are 32 free kicks better off at home. Wtf? How stupid can you get. The data is basically saying the cats donā€™t get any home free kick advantage and get screwed at away venuesā€¦but somehow he comes up with that conclusion? Go back to school, Sam.

Zouz Kitty allrighty

Did you see today's news saying 1 in 3 students aren't meeting the basic literacy and numeracy standards?
Yes! Thought of you + allrighty immediately!

The idea of small groups to focus on helping children is very needed + important.

I used to teach individual children with reading, comprehension + pronunciation. To see a child increase their confidence + to enjoy reading was a wonderful experience.

There was a heavy emphasis on reading, writing, spelling, and math.

I remember sitting on a mat chanting the times tables, and pages of writing practicing each cursive letter.
Yes!
Spelling Bees šŸ

Also ā€˜comprehensionā€™ was a huge focus.

Remember the pangram: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dogā€™? Except itā€™s missing ā€˜vā€™.

Times tables + long division!

Did anyone see the Sam Landsberger article about home crowd free kick advantage per team? This may be paywalled: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/46babc73b3019171c8d7d965ddc13a71

It shows that Geelong have a zero free kick differential at home, which is one of the worst home differentials. The cats have a -32 differential at away venues.

So, in a half-witted assessment, the cats are 32 free kicks better off at home. Wtf? How stupid can you get. The data is basically saying the cats donā€™t get any home free kick advantage and get screwed at away venuesā€¦but somehow he comes up with that conclusion? Go back to school, Sam.
It's not like he doesn't know what he's doing, though. He's running a narrative and simply colouring the information that doesn't fit with that story in the best way he can to suit his presupposed conclusion. Sadly this is modern journalism 101.

#standardswhatstandards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just before CS's 300th appearance as our coach, June 23, Sarah Black ranked the 10 best, and 20 best Cats to have played under him.
1. GAJ
2. Selwood
3. Dangerfield
4. Hawkins
5. Bartel
6. Scarlett
7. Cameron
8. SJ
9. Stewart
10.Taylor

11. Enright
12. Corey
13. Chapman
14. Kelly
15. Duncan
16. Blicavs
17. Ottens
18. Mackie
19. Lonergan
20. CGuthrie

I wonder how CS himself would rate them.
Selwood, Hawkins, Danger surely 1,2,3?

Just before CS's 300th appearance as our coach, June 23, Sarah Black ranked the 10 best, and 20 best Cats to have played under him.
1. GAJ
2. Selwood
3. Dangerfield
4. Hawkins
5. Bartel
6. Scarlett
7. Cameron
8. SJ
9. Stewart
10.Taylor

11. Enright
12. Corey
13. Chapman
14. Kelly
15. Duncan
16. Blicavs
17. Ottens
18. Mackie
19. Lonergan
20. CGuthrie

I wonder how CS himself would rate them.
Selwood, Hawkins, Danger surely 1,2,3?

This list is an example of the difference between the best and the best under Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back