The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously not. I'm advocating for the opposite. Can't you read?

You on the other hand are advocating for people with shitty views and ideologies to be allowed to be appointed so long as they follow the constitution.

It's only in your scenario a Nazi could be made a judge. Not mine.
Odd

Obviously not. I'm advocating for the opposite. Can't you read?

You on the other hand are advocating for people with shitty views and ideologies to be allowed to be appointed so long as they follow the constitution.

It's only in your scenario a Nazi could be made a judge. Not mine.

So to repeat SM ...no rulings? All lawyers and judges have personal bias..but their rulings have to be legally sound regardless of bias.

Can see why Trumpists don't like him though ..

Ho argued twice against the Trump administration in front of the Supreme Court of the United States. In Department of Commerce v. New York (2019), Ho represented a coalition of immigrant advocacy groups who successfully challenged Donald Trump's plan to include a citizenship question on the 2020 United States census questionnaire

So to repeat SM ...no rulings? All lawyers and judges have personal bias..but their rulings have to be legally sound regardless of bias.

It might surprise you but not all judges have political affiliations.

SC judges should be drawn from a pool of people who hold no political affiliations.

They exist.

We know lawyers are scum of the earth grifters so not much can be done about them.

Can see why Trumpists don't like him though ..

I'm sure there are independents and third party voters who don't like him either.

John Oliver covered it a few weeks ago too, pretty frightening stuff over there.
Remember after Sandy Hook how Oliver did an expose on gun culture and interviewed John Howard. Both men will probably die of old age and negligible change will have been enacted.

Interesting story on Four Corners last night on Trump and Project 2025.

Will gut the public service of thousands of workers and recruit their own Trump acolytes qualified or not even those without appropriate backgrounds. The Nazis did the same thing. Gut the Dept of Justice and replace with his own people. The Dept that checks if govt does is legal.

Supreme Court has already given him power to do as he pleases. A dictator if there’s ever been one. Interesting times
This is really good haha. Chomsky is about to die ffs.

Trump has already been president once and the world kept spinning. It is impossible to be a dictator in the US anyway. The last 8 years should have made that obvious.

Which judge?

And how many of those judges have ignored the constitution or rulings by higher courts or legal precedent like the Trump appointed Federal judge in yesterday’s ruling? Same judge who has made other weird rulings and that have been thrown out on appeal. Let’s not start on Thomas and Alito in the SC.
How was yesterday's judgement unconstitutional haha. Have you read the judgement or just regurgitating what you have been told.

How was yesterday's judgement unconstitutional haha. Have you read the judgement or just regurgitating what you have been told.
She’s ignored the constitution because she said the appointment of the special prosecutor was unconstitutional..

Law professor explains and other Judges ex and current have said she’s wrong and it’ll be appealed successfully her other past decisions

What actions do you think are justified against the next Hitler?
Never said he was the next Hitler. He and the guy running Project 2025 did say they intend to fire those that stand in their way. SC will say fine do what you want. They’ll get rid of key DOJ personnel who propose them. Get rid of people in govt agencies who oppose …it’s laughable ..he wants to be a dictator.

She’s ignored the constitution because she said the appointment of the special prosecutor was unconstitutional..

Law professor explains and other Judges ex and current have said she’s wrong and it’ll be appealed successfully her other past decisions

Guest opinion piece from the New York Times? You'll have to do better than that haha. Wasn't her judgment backed by the Supreme Court? Regardless, what is the issue here? It can be appealed. The Democrats lawfare is unravelling.

Never said he was the next Hitler. He and the guy running Project 2025 did say they intend to fire those that stand in their way. SC will say fine do what you want. They’ll get rid of key DOJ personnel who propose them. Get rid of people in govt agencies who oppose …it’s laughable ..he wants to be a dictator.

But you think he will implement Nazi-like policies and will be a dictator. What actions do you think are justified against such a person?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you think he will implement Nazi-like policies and will be a dictator. What actions do you think are justified against such a person?
No I just said the Nazis also appointed all their acolytes. So I’m implying it’s a dangerous move. I think people are nuts if they vote for him. Respect both sides of politics but this is far right looney tunes. I’d say indict the moron but his judges are making some eye opening decisions to protect him.

This is really good haha. Chomsky is about to die ffs.

Trump has already been president once and the world kept spinning. It is impossible to be a dictator in the US anyway. The last 8 years should have made that obvious.

My god the amount of times this gets dribbled out is beyond tiresome. Literally the whole point of Project 2025 is to remove the obstacles to Trump's policies that existed last time he was in power which 'kept the world spinning'.

So I work in a mechanical workshop (in the office) and we were discussing the goings on of the USA.

We've got one guy here who thinks the sun shines out of Trump's ass. Agrees with almost everything he's doing, his ties to Russia etc. Very passionate about it.

I don't mind a bit of debate and I'm fairly conservative - we were going back and forth a bit.

I ended up walking out as our break finished with him claiming Trump wasn't "that right wing". Not going to lie, it wasn't only me that was trying not to stifle laughter after he'd said it.

I honestly think if Donald said the sky was pink, there's plenty of people that would start arguing with people about how he's right.

So I work in a mechanical workshop (in the office) and we were discussing the goings on of the USA.

We've got one guy here who thinks the sun shines out of Trump's ass. Agrees with almost everything he's doing, his ties to Russia etc. Very passionate about it.

I don't mind a bit of debate and I'm fairly conservative - we were going back and forth a bit.

I ended up walking out as our break finished with him claiming Trump wasn't "that right wing". Not going to lie, it wasn't only me that was trying not to stifle laughter after he'd said it.

I honestly think if Donald said the sky was pink, there's plenty of people that would start arguing with people about how he's right.

Because what Trump is doing doesn’t affect the person who works in a mechanical workshop in Australia.

Trump isn't a political ideologue though.

He doesn't follow any one political ideology.

He is a narcissist absolutely, he's a rabid capitalist indeed. He's not a political ideologue though.

The fact he has flip flopped from different political parties to the next shows he has no need for politics other than it allowing him to be in the spotlight.

I don't think he's right wing at all as that would require him to believe in everything he actually says. I'm quite sure he doesn't.

My god the amount of times this gets dribbled out is beyond tiresome. Literally the whole point of Project 2025 is to remove the obstacles to Trump's policies that existed last time he was in power which 'kept the world spinning'.
Were the heritage foundation think tank not advocating for similar policy reform during Trumps first presidency? Would be odd if they were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back