The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the heritage foundation think tank not advocating for similar policy reform during Trumps first presidency? Would be odd if they were not.

So you honestly think Trump will do absolutely nothing differently given he has no scope - currently - for a third term? He'll just follow the same pattern he did the first time around and not really get the most extreme of his policies through?

So many radically deranged extremists have been outed and exposed as a result of the assassination attempt. Many of them pose as ordinary citizens and on the surface probably just seem like your everyday person. Bloody horrifying that advocating for murder has been so normalised in our society and that it’s “sanctimonious” to call out violent and dangerous speech online.

I’ve lost someone close to me due to nonsensical violence so this stuff hits pretty close to home. Reading some of the reactions to it all has been absolutely despicable. Whatever political affiliation you have should not matter. There is right and there is wrong. Glad I’ve been on the right side over the past few days. Jack Black’s initial reaction was extremely disappointing but looks like common sense has prevailed here.

So many radically deranged extremists have been outed and exposed as a result of the assassination attempt. Many of them pose as ordinary citizens and on the surface probably just seem like your everyday person. Bloody horrifying that advocating for murder has been so normalised in our society and that it’s “sanctimonious” to call out violent and dangerous speech online.

I’ve lost someone close to me due to nonsensical violence so this stuff hits pretty close to home. Reading some of the reactions to it all has been absolutely despicable. Whatever political affiliation you have should not matter. There is right and there is wrong. Glad I’ve been on the right side over the past few days. Jack Black’s initial reaction was extremely disappointing but looks like common sense has prevailed here.

It's interesting that you choose now to speak out against attempts to incite nonsensical violence but were disappointingly silent on the multitude of occasions on which Trump and his supporters have advocated for it. I'm heartened to hear that you've woken up to this though and will speak out on it in future.

It's interesting that you choose now to speak out against attempts to incite nonsensical violence but were disappointingly silent on the multitude of occasions on which Trump and his supporters have advocated for it. I'm heartened to hear that you've woken up to this though and will speak out on it in future.
That's quite the response to someone who's just conceded they lost someone close to them.

Understand the differing political views but a bit of sympathy never goes astray.

That's quite the response to someone who's just conceded they lost someone close to them.

Understand the differing political views but a bit of sympathy never goes astray.
I'm just acknowledging that it's good to know he'll speak out against violence when previously he seemed to have no issue with it.

So you honestly think Trump will do absolutely nothing differently given he has no scope - currently - for a third term? He'll just follow the same pattern he did the first time around and not really get the most extreme of his policies through?
You answered my question with two of your own which says everything really and rebuts your argument.

I'd say it's more to do with probably the worst Democratic President since Jimmy Carter really.
Thank you. Perfect answer. People vote for change when they are dissatisfied with the encumbent. Democrats and left leaning supporters should focus more on their own candidate than worry about Trump.

Thank you. Perfect answer. People vote for change when they are dissatisfied with the encumbent. Democrats and left leaning supporters should focus more on their own candidate than worry about Trump.
Think people are capable of walking and chewing gum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm clearly not as read up on Project 2025 as you are but it is telling that I tore your argument to shreds in one post.
??

So because he didn't follow their advice last time he won't this time despite clear indications to the contrary?

??

So because he didn't follow their advice last time he won't this time despite clear indications to the contrary?
What clear indications? It's a think tank who have been suggesting policy to Republican candidates for 51 years haha

What clear indications? It's a think tank who have been suggesting policy to Republican candidates for 51 years haha
You've admitted to not being across Project 2025 so maybe there's your start. Rather than claiming you've "torn apart" an argument you self admittedly know little about beyond "well it didn't happen last time".

Carter was the man who taught me as a kid to put on an extra jumper to keep warm rather than turn on the heater.

I've remembered and lived by that all my life.

Carter was a good man.
He was a good man indeed, he just wasn't a very good president unfortunately when it came to the economy, the energy crisis and what happened in Iran ultimately.

Still he's probably done arguably the most post presidency in terms of good out of any American President in my lifetime.

He was a good man indeed, he just wasn't a very good president unfortunately when it came to the economy, the energy crisis and what happened in Iran ultimately.

Still he's probably done arguably the most post presidency in terms of good out of any American President in my lifetime.

He was unlucky he took over in a very turbulent period in history.

One of the better govern for all Presidents.

You've admitted to not being across Project 2025 so maybe there's your start. Rather than claiming you've "torn apart" an argument you self admittedly know little about beyond "well it didn't happen last time".
I'm not across it and yet your argument is destroyed by my first question. Says it all really. Crying over nothing.

Reagan ****ed him on Iran and got away with it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back