The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that you choose now to speak out against attempts to incite nonsensical violence but were disappointingly silent on the multitude of occasions on which Trump and his supporters have advocated for it. I'm heartened to hear that you've woken up to this though and will speak out on it in future.
Are you making the assumption that I do not condemn violence because you haven’t seen me do it firsthand with other instances? That is an awful default position to take.

I also find you baselessly claiming I have “woken up” to it extremely offensive. My best mate was murdered over ten years ago.

Are you making the assumption that I do not condemn violence because you haven’t seen me do it firsthand with other instances? That is an awful default position to take.

I also find you baselessly claiming I have “woken up” to it extremely offensive. My best mate was murdered over ten years ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your mate.

Again, disgustingly insensitive comment.

I think bringing up, out of the blue, the death of a close friend to win an argument on an online forum pretty poor taste but I guess that's where we're different.

Rather than melting down about a member of Tenacious D making a joke on stage and somehow linking it to a death ten years ago, you could take issue with members of the Republican party like this:

Seems much more incendiary and likely to encourage and promote violence and death.

Or Trump himself encouraging his supporters to fight and never surrender and incited them to storm the Capitol leading to a number of deaths and putting the US Congress under immediate threat.

You could take issue with Trump mocking Nancy Pelosi's husband's beating and near death experience, and his encouragement that she and others be targeted for attacks.

I could go on. But the fact that you've instead blown up over a Simpsons meme and a singer making a joke on stage in Australia is reasonably telling.

Trump is a pretty disgusting invidivual. Not convinced the world wouldn't be a better place without him personally. His views on women in particular are horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back