The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Is recognition of land a religion?

Load of garbage? Geeze.

It's a complete nothing.

Been to many places around the world and never had the people of those nations carry on with this mumbo jumbo.

Once again, nothing to do with the job.

It also proves what a virtue signalling shtick it is when it's supposed to be a local person doing it. Not some blow in from interstate Correct?

It's a complete nothing.

Been to many places around the world and never had the people of those nations carry on with this mumbo jumbo.

It also proves what a virtue signalling shtick it is when it's supposed to be a local person doing it. Not some blow in from interstate Correct?

Acknowledgement of country is different to welcome to country. Welcome to Country is carried out by an Indigenous elder, Acknowledgement of Country is done by anyone as a sign of respect to acknowledge the people of the land. It is done in the US too but obviously not to the same extent.

This discussion certainly proves something.. not sure it's what you think it is though.

LOL.

Accuses me of flinging shit. When I raise some inconvenient facts he starts flinging shit. Then when I call him out he hides.

Inconvenient facts are things you are wilfully ignoring in this discussion in order to continue pressing your narrow minded view of the world. Perhaps reflect on why so many interactions between you and others go this way. I've noticed it with Moomba and Zidane in the past few days, as well as a number of posters when it came to that Melbourne Victory performer previously.

Acknowledgement of country is different to welcome to country. Welcome to Country is carried out by an Indigenous elder, Acknowledgement of Country is done by anyone as a sign of respect to acknowledge the people of the land. It is done in the US too but obviously not to the same extent.

This discussion certainly proves something.. not sure it's what you think it is though.

It proves that some people will carry on with all sorts of mumbo jumbo nonsense to appease others.

It proves that some people will carry on with all sorts of mumbo jumbo nonsense to appease others.

It proves your continued reference to it as 'mumbo jumbo' shows you're an insensitive **** as you've proven time and time again in multiple conversations. Have some self awareness.

Made up nonsense is mumbo jumbo.

It proves you fetishise something that's been made up.

You can keep saying it it doesn't make it true but it's good to see you show your true colours. As with Frank it's amazing how quickly the mask slips in these discussions.

Made up nonsense is mumbo jumbo.

It proves you fetishise something that's been made up.
I don’t believe your job story.

I’ve had 2-3 separate discussions with you on BF including here and one on the Kaepernick thread on NFL board and they’ve all been about black people. What are the odds?

You clearly don't understand how equity policies work. They are not about giving anyone a job because of their sex or race.

And people like you who don't know that, or do know that but still use the term as a pejorative are disgusting.

I hate the idea that my daughter will come across people like you, with prehistoric attitudes like yours that choose to demean any of her achievements because they're too insecure to understand that a women or someone that comes from an ethnic minority background might be the best person for the job.

There's a false premise that underlies the policies - that in situations where there are more male than female employees that it's inherently a problem. It's not.

Firstly, there are less women in the workplace than men due to women choosing to stay home and raise children. So attaining 50/50 is unrepresentative. Then there are vocational preferences between males and females. Most women don't want to get under a car or on a roof. In general, women are better suited than men at childcare and nursing.

What happens in practise is that managers can't question the bullshit policies from their 'People and Culture' departments. Then they will meet their DEI goals by hiring people who meet those requirements.

I'm consistent.

I apply it to all made up silly things.

Like God, Big Foot, Welcome to Country.

We were talking about an Acknowledgement of Country. If you want to shit on being respectful to different cultures, the least you could do would be to show some knowledge on the subject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a complete nothing.

That’s definitely a lie. There’s plenty of cultures that ask us to respect their customs.

I always find it interesting how Australians will love all the fascinating history and culture of the places they travel to yet seem to have an issue with our own First Nations people.

That’s definitely a lie. There’s plenty of cultures that ask us to respect their customs.

I always find it interesting how Australians will love all the fascinating history and culture of the places they travel to yet seem to have an issue with our own First Nations people.

Our ancient culture can be viewed as a fascinating part of history.

The cave paintings etc should be preserved, so to should the languages. I've said it before we should invest in preserving all the languages we can that are native to Australia.

That has nothing to do however with much of this modern day nonsense created by activists.

History is history. Is anyone making a big song and dance about your ancestors constantly?

It's 100% a diversity hire.

They literally knew 20% of the knowledge and skills required for the role.

The other final applicants were in the 65-80% range.

Two different managers were overruled on their decision of not to hire her.

They were overruled and they both knew exactly why this person was hired over the other applicants and it wasn't because of the skills or knowledge they possessed.

How can you say that's not a diversity hire with a straight face?
Because diversity hiring is about giving women and minorities the opportunity to apply for jobs. Not about giving underqualified people the job.

You have given an example of a bad hire, not a diversity hire.

It would be like me using the hiring of an underqualified white male that didn't work out as an example of why we shouldn't hire white males any more.

Last edited:
And you keep pushing the narrative that it requires a diversity practice to get these people a job.

If the policy is about hiring the best person for the job then you don't need a diversity policy at all.

You have your requirements already set out.

Best person for the job.
These people. Ha ha. You are so transparent.

Because diversity hiring is about giving women and minorities the opportunity to apply for jobs. 1Not about giving underqualified people the job.

You have given an example of a bad hire, not a diversity hire.

It would be like me using the hiring of an underqualified white male that didn't work out as an example of why we shouldn't hire white males any more.

I've given an example of a diversity hire.

It's literally part of their diversity hiring platform.

A woman getting a job is not a diversity hire if she's the best there is.

If she gets the job over someone else who is better because she's a woman THEN it's a diversity hire.

If you hired an unqualified white male then that makes you the same kind of clown that hires anyone else on the basis of traits rather than skills and knowledge.

Our ancient culture can be viewed as a fascinating part of history.

The cave paintings etc should be preserved, so to should the languages. I've said it before we should invest in preserving all the languages we can that are native to Australia.

That has nothing to do however with much of this modern day nonsense created by activists.

History is history. Is anyone making a big song and dance about your ancestors constantly?
So what’s the issue with a Welcome to Country? It’s five minutes of your life.

If I went to Mexico etc and they had traditions or acknowledgement of their past that they wanted to include prior to events, I’d be understanding of it. Why not in our own backyard?

Had the second best outcome for the surgery that could’ve happened.

Was good news really but he will have to go back under in 6 months time.

Couldn’t be prouder of him, he’s taken it like an absolute trooper.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back