The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Just put Trump in the box seat. Shows what has come of the 'Democrats'. Spoke very well too.

Did he speak about his stance on vaccines and school shootings too?

Other than last night, the bear cub story and reports of him tarting himself to both campaigns looking for a job in exchange for an endorsement RFK Jr has been invisible for the past month.

Comes across as crazier and weirder than Trump. Will be interesting to see polling over the next few weeks where his support goes. Over with him to Trump, over to the Democrats or just disappear altogether.

I'm guessing the third will be the biggest group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The death of major music festivals here has been pretty sad. Some of the best days were getting a group together to see a line up that would probably cost thousands to see individually today. Almost always left loving a new band you’d never heard before as well. As they slowly priced more and more people out it always felt like the collapse was coming.

The death of major music festivals here has been pretty sad. Some of the best days were getting a group together to see a line up that would probably cost thousands to see individually today. Almost always left loving a new band you’d never heard before as well. As they slowly priced more and more people out it always felt like the collapse was coming.
Different music genre but I always felt that way about Stereosonic. Don't know what happened to it but they had a good thing going for a while and they got great artists out to Australia who either very rarely toured and/or would have cost an arm and a leg to individually. Still have great memories of 2012.

Different music genre but I always felt that way about Stereosonic. Don't know what happened to it but they had a good thing going for a while and they got great artists out to Australia who either very rarely toured and/or would have cost an arm and a leg to individually. Still have great memories of 2012.
I think the industry probably ended up spreading itself too thin. Between big day out, stereo, soundwave, falls, splendour, laneway and all of the smaller ones that’s 10+ days of all day music each year where you needed to get big name, exclusive headliners and try not to recycle too much of the lineup. It’s hard enough getting some to tour here and that was with big artists already doing their own tours on top of that.

Costs went through the roof so tickets did as well. Crazy to think within 3 years we lost 3 festivals that had been selling out cities across the country for years. So many local bands got their big break at them too. From my younger years I never thought the big day out would die. Would’ve seen a good chunk of artists from that poster you posted just at those. Great days.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back