The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember back around that time we’d have an evacuation drill and a lockdown one each year. Problem was the thought of it ever really happening here seemed so insane as a kid no one would take it seriously even if it was real.

America can’t be fixed on this as sad as it is. Too many people would rather go down shooting than give up their weapons. You’d also need both parties to support it which won’t happen while the pro gun vote is worth so much.

Pretty hard to have much respect for a society that constantly watches kids getting murdered and refuses to do anything about it.

It is an adage that's old - if you take away our weapons, "they" won't and we won't be able to protect ourselves. It's a fear factor of missing out. so engrained into their psyche that violence/self defence is first and foremost of mind. if you have a gun, i need a gun. You get a bigger gun, ill get a bigger gun. etc.

Legend. :(

This is a trainwreck.

Trump gets asked if he regrets anything about the part he played in the storming of the Capitol and just talks about illegal immigrants.
There is no way in hell he's the lesser of two evils.
Maybe if he was running against Stalin, but he'd probably get along well with Josef.

There is no way in hell he's the lesser of two evils.
Maybe if he was running against Stalin, but he'd probably get along well with Josef.

I was just thinking, Harris stated that following their withdrawal from Aghanistan that there's no active US servicemen in a warzone anywhere in the world, so I presume anyone who is staunchly anti-war as the primary issue that they determine their support off the back of, they would be pretty happy to hear that from her. Meanwhile the candidate talking about bombing the house of the leader of the Taliban would be shunned surely?

I was just thinking, Harris stated that following their withdrawal from Aghanistan that there's no active US servicemen in a warzone anywhere in the world, so I presume anyone who is staunchly anti-war as the primary issue that they determine their support off the back of, they would be pretty happy to hear that from her. Meanwhile the candidate talking about bombing the house of the leader of the Taliban would be shunned surely?

She said what?

The Americans have been engaged in combat with the Houthi militants since 2023.

Then there's the US shooting down hundreds of rockets and missiles aimed at Israel in April.

US troops just last week were injured in a joint raid with Iraq against Islamic State fighters.

“This operation targeted ISIS leaders to disrupt and degrade ISIS’ ability to plan, organize, and conduct attacks against Iraqi civilians, as well as U.S. citizens, allies, and partners throughout the region and beyond,” Central Command said, using an acronym for the militant group. “Iraqi Security Forces continue to further exploit the locations raided.”

"Since the U.S. toppled dictator Saddam Hussein with its 2003 invasion of Iraq, the country has struggled to balance relations between America and neighboring Iran. Since the Israel-Hamas war broke out, Iraqi militias allied to Iran have targeted U.S. forces there, leading to American airstrikes targeting them."

So she stated lies? How could the VP not know this given her current position?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She said what?

The Americans have been engaged in combat with the Houthi militants since 2023.

Then there's the US shooting down hundreds of rockets and missiles aimed at Israel in April.

US troops just last week were injured in a joint raid with Iraq against Islamic State fighters.

“This operation targeted ISIS leaders to disrupt and degrade ISIS’ ability to plan, organize, and conduct attacks against Iraqi civilians, as well as U.S. citizens, allies, and partners throughout the region and beyond,” Central Command said, using an acronym for the militant group. “Iraqi Security Forces continue to further exploit the locations raided.”

"Since the U.S. toppled dictator Saddam Hussein with its 2003 invasion of Iraq, the country has struggled to balance relations between America and neighboring Iran. Since the Israel-Hamas war broke out, Iraqi militias allied to Iran have targeted U.S. forces there, leading to American airstrikes targeting them."

So she stated lies? How could the VP not know this given her current position?

Geeze steady on. I might not have had her wording precisely right but she was very careful with the way she worded it so I would assume she was very deliberate in what she said. Did you see what she said or are you going off on one on a secondhand quote?

Geeze steady on. I might not have had her wording precisely right but she was very careful with the way she worded it so I would assume she was very deliberate in what she said. Did you see what she said or are you going off on one on a secondhand quote?

No you were right with the wording.

From the Guardian.

“I agreed with President Biden’s decision to pull out of Afghanistan. Four presidents said they would, and Joe Biden did. And as a result, America’s taxpayers are not paying the $300m a day we were paying for that endless war. And as of today, there is not one member of the United States military who is in active duty in a combat zone, in any war zone around the world, the first time this century,” Harris says.

She's either clueless or lied.

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF by ABC Network
'

From the Guardian.

“I agreed with President Biden’s decision to pull out of Afghanistan. Four presidents said they would, and Joe Biden did. And as a result, America’s taxpayers are not paying the $300m a day we were paying for that endless war. And as of today, there is not one member of the United States military who is in active duty in a combat zone, in any war zone around the world, the first time this century,” Harris says.

The definition of war zone is key there Donald.

From the Guardian.

I mean, she does say "As of today" the examples you cited were from earlier this year.

So Israel/Palestine isn't a war zone?
I forgot there's American troops on the ground there fighting for Israel. Just last night I saw a news report from the US General in charge.

You've lost it, if you ever had it. The need to make stuff up is unreal

I forgot there's American troops on the ground there fighting for Israel. Just last night I saw a news report from the US General in charge.

You've lost it, if you ever had it. The need to make stuff up is unreal

Nah, it's you going full clown just to try and for what ever reason simp for a dumb arse politician who made a false claim.

"U.S. special operations forces are stationed in Israel and “actively helping the Israelis” in a number of areas, among them efforts to “identify hostages, including American hostages,” a Department of Defense official revealed last week.

FWIW

Fact check of the presidential debate between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump https://www.npr.org/2024/09/11/g-s1-21932/fact-check-trump-harris-presidential-debate-2024

HARRIS: “There is not one member of the military who is in active duty in a combat zone in any war zone around the world for the first time this century.”

This is a common administration talking point, and it's technically true. But thousands of troops in Iraq and on the Syrian border are still in very dangerous terrain. U.S. troops died in Jordan in January on a base that keeps watch over the war with ISIS in Syria.

— NPR veterans correspondent Quil Lawrence

Nah, it's you going full clown just to try and for what ever reason simp for a dumb arse politician who made a false claim.

"U.S. special operations forces are stationed in Israel and “actively helping the Israelis” in a number of areas, among them efforts to “identify hostages, including American hostages,” a Department of Defense official revealed last week.
But they're not participating in an active war zone. The war zone is in Palestinian territory, not Tel Aviv.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back