The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the best live acts I've ever seen.

You must have got them on a good night.

Will be interesting to see if this is a one off cash grab, or if they want to have an ongoing presence on the circuit like Springsteen and the Stones. If they want the rivers of gold, they can't sleepwalk their way through the first round of shows in each country.

That's not as bad as I was expecting. Think I'll still give it a miss.

There's still tickets available for The Killers in December which I might go to though.
Where are The Killers playing? Only know their mainstream stuff but I do love those songs.

Where are The Killers playing? Only know their mainstream stuff but I do love those songs.
They're only playing Hot Fuss, out at Qudos on Dec 7.

I never thought I’d ever get to see them live. Would take a fair bit for me to leave disappointed.
Pretty much why a lot of people are going, then you have the wannabe influencers getting tickets cause it's the cool thing. Read so many posts/tweets etc by people who weren't born when Oasis put out their best stuff saying they have tickets.

Pretty much why a lot of people are going, then you have the wannabe influencers getting tickets cause it's the cool thing. Read so many posts/tweets etc by people who weren't born when Oasis put out their best stuff saying they have tickets.
Wait, so you can't get tickets to a band if you weren't around when their best stuff was released?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Killers are 10/10 mate. Worth going if you can get a ticket.

Flowers is brilliant.
Will look into it.

Off to see Pete Murray in December as well, this time just at a local venue. He was the first concert I ever went to many moons ago.

Only been to 3 concerts so far (yeah yeah, I know) and I'm about to more than double that in the next 12 months.

I get his point. It's more those that are getting tickets just to be 'seen' at the event, rather than for any particular love of Oasis.
I'd fall into that category. As someone not overly interested in concerts or festivals. Never been interested in Triple J Hot 100 etc.

But alas not buying tickets

I'd fall into that category. As someone not overly interested in concerts or festivals. Never been interested in Triple J Hot 100 etc.

But alas not buying tickets
It's funny, I love music. Always been a big part of my life.

Never been into concerts though haha. I assume it's because my parents never really did it so it just never became a big thing for me.

I get his point. It's more those that are getting tickets just to be 'seen' at the event, rather than for any particular love of Oasis.

I don't really get it. I doubt anyone is forking out $2-300 just because 'everyone else is doing it'. People may not be ultra hardcore know the whole song catalogue back to front fans of Oasis, but everyone buying tickets will be buying them because they enjoy their music.

I'm seeing Green Day on my birthday next year. I'm a huge fan of this increasing trend with bands playing a whole album on the anniversary of that album, so they're doing Dookie and American Idiot which is great.

I don't really get it. I doubt anyone is forking out $2-300 just because 'everyone else is doing it'. People may not be ultra hardcore know the whole song catalogue back to front fans of Oasis, but everyone buying tickets will be buying them because they enjoy their music.
I don't doubt it at all, it's complete 'influencer' behaviour. If something is popular, they'll be there.

It makes absolutely no difference to me at all but I'm sure there'll be plenty there that don't know much more than Wonderwall.

I don't doubt it at all, it's complete 'influencer' behaviour. If something is popular, they'll be there.

It makes absolutely no difference to me at all but I'm sure there'll be plenty there that don't know much more than Wonderwall.

Yeah not sure about that sort of concert attracting that many of that sort. I'm sure there'll be plenty there dragged along by partners who don't know it that well but that's true about anything in life. I don't really get his point about people being born post-Oasis as having anything to do with it though.

Probably spent more money than I’d like to know on them over the years but I don’t think much beats a day out at a concert/festival.

I love a day out at the footy but would take going to a good gig with mates over it every time. Got tickets for Oasis and it will finish up a pretty solid year of shows coming up

Trying to determine whether I ask my heavily pregnant wife whether she'll mind me skipping out on her and the two kids for a night to see the Killers :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

Surely get a parent to look after the little ones and give her the night off to come with?

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back