The Official 2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Smith, Kieren Harper, Josh Caddy. Polec has some size about him, but not the class I think we need.

Jeez, I like the look of Lamb - but how good was the one handed gather, flip around and snap by #1 at 0:33? Holy shit, would have an awesome goal.

Lamb does look like a cheeky little bastard with the yellow boots though.

Pykie, I hope we take the best available, but I'd like to see us take someone with good versatility.

Would you say Smedts or Jacobs would be the most versatile? Smedts seems to be comfortable running off HB or playing deep in defence, but he has got good goal sense and class to play further up the ground.

After the top three, I'm pretty sure Polec and Heppell will be gone. Atley and Smith are the two that would fit us perfectly. If we get the pick 12 Lamb will not be in contention, probably not for 17 either.

Thanks Pykie. What do you think of Lamb for us?

I'm fairly split on him tbh, fantastic player, for the right club.

We arn't the right club.

Would be perfect for the Bulldogs if they had a pick inside the top 20.

Thomas and Campbell are both quality small forwards, Lamb does push up the ground a bit, but he is essentially a Milne/Le Cras small-forward goal machine.

I'd be dissapointed if we took him over a genuine midfielder, unless we were planning to turn him into an Aker type, I can't see it happening though tbh.

Pykie, I hope we take the best available, but I'd like to see us take someone with good versatility.

Would you say Smedts or Jacobs would be the most versatile? Smedts seems to be comfortable running off HB or playing deep in defence, but he has got good goal sense and class to play further up the ground.

Smedts most definately.

He played as a running defender in the championships.

He plays as Geelong Grammars spearhead FF/CHF.

He's very similar to Matty Pavlich in alot of respects.

He'll be gone by #17 imo, will be a real bolter, our only chance will be if we attain #12.

Thanks Pykie, and I think he would be around the 12 mark. He's my favourite, and I think would be a good fit, but it would be a tough decision to choose between Smedts and others like Heppell or Atley if they slide a bit...

I think it is fair to say that although Brodie Smith might look a little skinny he is really strong through the core and hips. From all reports he is more of an inside type with the ability to develop a really good outside game. Has great breakaway pace and at 189 cm he will eventually get to the high 80kg's. He could almost be a lesser Chris Judd I reckon.

Sorry to keep bothering you Pykie, but what is your personal opinion on Smith? If he is there at 12, and if we take this deal, how happy should we be? Me, I would be really, really, really happy.

I'm fairly split on him tbh, fantastic player, for the right club.

We arn't the right club.

Would be perfect for the Bulldogs if they had a pick inside the top 20.

Thomas and Campbell are both quality small forwards, Lamb does push up the ground a bit, but he is essentially a Milne/Le Cras small-forward goal machine.

I'd be dissapointed if we took him over a genuine midfielder, unless we were planning to turn him into an Aker type, I can't see it happening though tbh.

Pykie - who do you think would be at the top of our wish list bearing in mind we lack an inside and outside classy midfielder - someone like a Del Santo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but how does it compare with Melbourne? I understand they'll be the team to beat over the next few years.

Ziebell Scully
Cunnington Trengrove
Bastinac Gysbert
Wells Davey
Anthony Morton
Adams Jones
Swallow Sylvia
Greenwood Dunn

Both teams can add a few players which are yet to play yet, but thats about the match up we will be seeing

Ziebell Scully
Cunnington Trengrove
Bastinac Gysbert
Wells Davey
Anthony Morton
Adams Jones
Swallow Sylvia
Greenwood Dunn

Both teams can add a few players which are yet to play yet, but thats about the match up we will be seeing

melbournes shat on there... especially when you get pass gysberts..

I personally like the depth that we're building, and very much suspect our future battles will be akin to the Collingwood/St Kilda battle of this year. We've got a tremendously solid list across the board, and I think our depth will hopefully win out.

The proposed trade will only help matters, of bolstering our depth stocks, especially because pick 12 will give us a good opportunity to snag a quick, outside midfielder like Atley or Smith, that may even allow Wells to play off the HBF, which in my eyes is his ideal position.

I don't fully agree, although i'm a mate of his and I will be biased, Sylvia is a potential A grader of the comp. He polled 10 brownlow votes missing 7 games due to injury and backed up a very impressive season last year with 5th placing in Melbournes B and F after missing these games. His influence in the last game of the year kept the dees in it at times. Never misses targets and is hard as nails.
I do agree that our list is just as strong if not better though.

Do you think we could get Polec??
What do you guys think of him??

Someone banged up a youtube thingy of him and Smith somewhere around here, and I thought that Polecs' first goal and his disposal in general was not dissimilar to Shannon Grants. Impressive I thought. We need more lefties too :D

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back