The Official 2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers NC.

Some pretty impressive stats from Ben Jacobs there.

Haven't heard sfa on Hutton since we landed him with a scholarship. Would be great if the guys who run the North website could give some interim reports about how these young blokes are progressing.

Paul Daffey (who has taken over from Matt Burgan after he became Melbourne's media manager) seems adamant we are white hot for Jed Lamb at #17.

It would be an interesting pick if it eventuated.

Could be an inspired choice, especially if he can be developed into a midfielder.

Paul Daffey (who has taken over from Matt Burgan after he became Melbourne's media manager) seems adamant we are white hot for Jed Lamb at #17.

It would be an interesting pick if it eventuated.

Could be an inspired choice, especially if he can be developed into a midfielder.
Here's what he said...

Paul Daffey:
Hi RooBoy, I reckon the Roos lack out-and-out class. Jed Lamb has the sweetest left boot in the draft. He's a small forward who has the smarts to develop into a midfielder. I reckon the Roos might snap him up at 17.

Cheers Pykie. What else did he say?

Paul Daffey said:
Hi RooBoy, I reckon the Roos lack out-and-out class. Jed Lamb has the sweetest left boot in the draft. He's a small forward who has the smarts to develop into a midfielder. I reckon the Roos might snap him up at 17.

Definitely a right footer though...

There's no way Lamb would last to 27 is there? I've only seen the youtube but man can he find the goals.
Doubt it dunder. X-factor, great skill set and nice speed. If the intention is to turn him into a midfielder eventually then there is plenty to work with.

Would it be fair to describe him as a "Didak" type?
That comparison has been bandied about before Passmore, but I'm not too sure if it is a good fit tbh. Perhaps a more informed poster can give a more rounded description of Lamb, and his potential to be part of midfield rotations.

We got pick 69 back. We officially have picks 17, 27, 69, 71.

There is 3 rookie elevation picks before our pick 69 as are all 3 f/s picks.

We got pick 69 back. We officially have picks 17, 27, 69, 71.

There is 3 rookie elevation picks before our pick 69 as are all 3 f/s picks.

No we don't. Pick 69 became pick 70 due to us using the Priority selection (pick 27). Unless I am missing something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we don't. Pick 69 became pick 70 due to us using the Priority selection (pick 27). Unless I am missing something.

I think Geelong should have had 58 & 59 (59 was theirs already and they received 58 from the Bulldogs for Djerkurra. However they only have enough spots on their list to use pick 58 (rookie elevation) so everyone moves up one and St Kilda get 59

I think Geelong should have had 58 & 59 (59 was theirs already and they received 58 from the Bulldogs for Djerkurra. However they only have enough spots on their list to use pick 58 (rookie elevation) so everyone moves up one and St Kilda get 59

That's correct...we don't have enough spots to use 59 so every pick after that moves back up one which cancels out the compo pick moving everything down one, so all picks after 59 are essentially unchanged.

heres what i want on thursday
pick17: smedts,lamb, either smith's. (do not want pitt, think hes over-rated on here)
pick27: ben jacobs,lucas cook, jamie cripps
pick 69:JERMERY HOWE(love the look of this kid and fulfills a kpf need, here are some of his highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucD6aJmCu6s)
pick71: blayne wilson,leif cope,myles sewell,tom gordan

pick17: smedts,lamb, either smith's. (do not want pitt, think hes over-rated on here)
pick 69:JERMERY HOWE(love the look of this kid and fulfills a kpf need, here are some of his highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucD6aJmCu6s)

Happy with your call Looks like Jack Rievoldt Mark II also like the look of Tyler Chalwell for that pick

Jeremy Howe's an interesting one. I mentioned him earlier in this thread after reading a brief write up in the Inside Football draft edition. I notice that they're hot for him on the Richmond board seeing him as another Jack R. He hasn't been mentioned at all in phantom drafts or talks but his highlight reel is impressive and we could do worse at 69 or 71.
At 17 I'd like Lamb. X factor , bit of pace, kicks spectacular goals. A real cult figure who would attract interest inside and outside the club.

How old is Howe?
Not sure why he hasn't been rated by any experts - I know highlights packages can be misleading, but IMO anyone who can take marks like that at any level absolutely has to be looked at closely.

How old is Howe?
Not sure why he hasn't been rated by any experts - I know highlights packages can be misleading, but IMO anyone who can take marks like that at any level absolutely has to be looked at closely.
i believe he is currently 20, if memory seves me right he played for our vfl afflicate team at the time(tasmania devils?) as a 17year old, word is he enjoys playing out in tassie and thus hasn't caught the eye of many recruiters untill this year following a great season. i think our recruiters will have a close look at him

Blayne Wilson shouldn't be around at 71.
shouldnt being the key word there, but leigh adams shouldnt have lasted till the rookie draft aswell as many other cases where the footballer is naturally gifted but isnt exceptionally talented in a particular area thus dosent stand out to recruiters. wilson on talent should go top40 but don't be suprised to see him around pick70

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back