List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, sorry to intrude.. But do you think West Coast are trying to inflate his price?
The guy would probably be 5th(if you include Boyd) in line on the pecking order as a GWS tall forward. I Would think he is worth nothing more than a 3rd round pick.

Absolutely they are. Thing is, we're probably already prepared to offer Cam a lot more than what WC can afford. So basically, they're just d*ckheads.

The fremantle area started afl in wa. Then we dominated it for 130 years. Way too many Brownlow medalists from the area. Now it's karma. Somebody call me a waaaa mbulance

In short, yes. That's exactly what they are doing.

Agree with your assessment of his value. He's late 2nd at very best after the recent happenings. If Freo offer any more than their 3rd round and maybe some shuffles of other picks, I'd be shocked.
Our 3rd will be very close to a late 2nd. I think that's his value right there. Anything more than that and I think we are over paying. I don't believe we offered our early second and first rounder this year for him in the last off-season. He wasn't worth that then and he's certainly miles from it now. He's a third tall forward, if we are going to spend big it needs to be on a primary key forward imo.

Our 3rd will be very close to a late 2nd. I think that's his value right there. Anything more than that and I think we are over paying. I don't believe we offered our early second and first rounder this year for him in the last off-season. He wasn't worth that then and he's certainly miles from it now. He's a third tall forward, if we are going to spend big it needs to be on a primary key forward imo.
The issue is what to GWS need, and they look like harvesting a few players from the Academy rather than the draft. That is, they will be after Points. But I am not sure they need many Points either.

If the roumers about their salary cap squeeze is correct then they will need to offload players and McCarthy is going to be the first they will want to lose. That is our biggest advantage in negotiations (apart from that he clearly won be staying and playing for them and has been prepared to stand out of football to prove the point).

If WC somehow get McCarthy i will lose my shit !!

Unfortunately the Giants need defenders more than anything. Something we certainly cant help with :(

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys if you don't mind me interjecting, there are a few points I'd like to make.

Firstly, what is with the ridiculous amount of hate towards West Coast? Look I understand there's a bitter rivalry between the clubs, and that's all well and good, banter is always appreciated and you're allowed to dislike particular teams and supporters, but honestly the magnitude is beyond ridiculous. A lot of you are fine but some of you just seem so one-eyed and biased that everything West Coast does is designed to put Freo down and it's just not true.

Secondly, in terms of the situation with McCarthy, we have players like Josh Kennedy and Mark LeCras who are still performing well, but age will catch up with them, and McCarthy at the very least may ease some of the pressure in that area. We're not heavily looking into him, but it'd be silly not to show some interest in a talented player that wants to come home. Honestly the fact that some of you think that WC are showing interest purely to make you pay more is a stretch and it's not like you guys wouldn't do the same in our position anyway.

Lastly, in terms of Jetta, Wellingham, Hill and Cripps. I completely agree that so far, Jetta has been a dud. However, at his best he certainly offers the club something unique, and in the long term Lycett is a much better backup ruckman for Naitanui so losing Sinclair hasn't really been a big deal.
I also agree that on the surface, paying pick 18 for Wellingham was way overs, but considering the lack of talent in that draft, it actually wasn't a big loss. His first two years were horrendous due to form and injury, but since last year, he's played an instrumental role in our backline in combination with Sheppard, both organising the defensive structures, locking down on players well above his weight category, and providing run & carry and great disposal from the backline. Your comments on Hill being a seagull, while not entirely true are somewhat correct. He's very outside and I'd certainly take Sonny Walters over him every day of the week, but he still provides a lot in the forward line, and kicking 40 goals in 22 games is a pretty solid effort. You'd take that from a small/medium forward. Finally on Cripps, he's not a seagull by any means, and while not being an overly spectacular contributor, is enormous in his physical pressure and tackling in the forward line, and still pops up for a goal or two every game, similar to Mayne when he actually scored goals regularly.

I understand you don't have to agree with any of those points, but I just wanted to say that I think you've based some strong opinions on a lot of players without actually reading into the impact they have on the structural integrity of the team, and I think although keeping up a strong rivalry between the two WA teams is great, the level of hate is really much greater than it ever needs to be. Banter is one thing but just one-eyed resentment is unnecessary.

Guys if you don't mind me interjecting, there are a few points I'd like to make.

Firstly, what is with the ridiculous amount of hate towards West Coast? Look I understand there's a bitter rivalry between the clubs, and that's all well and good, banter is always appreciated and you're allowed to dislike particular teams and supporters, but honestly the magnitude is beyond ridiculous. A lot of you are fine but some of you just seem so one-eyed and biased that everything West Coast does is designed to put Freo down and it's just not true.

Secondly, in terms of the situation with McCarthy, we have players like Josh Kennedy and Mark LeCras who are still performing well, but age will catch up with them, and McCarthy at the very least may ease some of the pressure in that area. We're not heavily looking into him, but it'd be silly not to show some interest in a talented player that wants to come home. Honestly the fact that some of you think that WC are showing interest purely to make you pay more is a stretch and it's not like you guys wouldn't do the same in our position anyway.

Lastly, in terms of Jetta, Wellingham, Hill and Cripps. I completely agree that so far, Jetta has been a dud. However, at his best he certainly offers the club something unique, and in the long term Lycett is a much better backup ruckman for Naitanui so losing Sinclair hasn't really been a big deal.
I also agree that on the surface, paying pick 18 for Wellingham was way overs, but considering the lack of talent in that draft, it actually wasn't a big loss. His first two years were horrendous due to form and injury, but since last year, he's played an instrumental role in our backline in combination with Sheppard, both organising the defensive structures, locking down on players well above his weight category, and providing run & carry and great disposal from the backline. Your comments on Hill being a seagull, while not entirely true are somewhat correct. He's very outside and I'd certainly take Sonny Walters over him every day of the week, but he still provides a lot in the forward line, and kicking 40 goals in 22 games is a pretty solid effort. You'd take that from a small/medium forward. Finally on Cripps, he's not a seagull by any means, and while not being an overly spectacular contributor, is enormous in his physical pressure and tackling in the forward line, and still pops up for a goal or two every game, similar to Mayne when he actually scored goals regularly.

I understand you don't have to agree with any of those points, but I just wanted to say that I think you've based some strong opinions on a lot of players without actually reading into the impact they have on the structural integrity of the team, and I think although keeping up a strong rivalry between the two WA teams is great, the level of hate is really much greater than it ever needs to be. Banter is one thing but just one-eyed resentment is unnecessary.

Unwelcome, Ill-Informed Lectures Board is that way.

I mind you interjecting.;)

Stones in glass houses .:rolleyes:You haven't read your board?o_O The hate for Freo is uncompromising ,it never stops. If there is a Freo thread on the main board in come the Eagle trolls.
A bit hypocritical to call us out on the hate agenda.

Firstly, what is with the ridiculous amount of hate towards West Coast?

Every team has supporters that hate other teams with a passion. A lot of Freo hate the eagles & vice versa. Not having a go, but take a look on your board and tell me your fans aren't the same.

Your fans have dedicated FB pages to hate Freo (Freo prob have similar, but nothing I've seen) that don't make it easier to like eagle fans.

I personally can't stand North as a team, hate them more than WCE tbh. Eagles fans are worse than Norths in general but.

Stones in glass houses .:rolleyes:You haven't read your board?o_O The hate for Freo is uncompromising ,it never stops. If there is a Freo thread on the main board in come the Eagle trolls.
A bit hypocritical to call us out on the hate agenda.

Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm not making any excuses for other West Coast fans, in making that point I wasn't purely referring to your board, but considering the rest of the message was targeted at Freo it was hard to re-word it. It does go both ways and the hate towards Freo on our board borders beyond ridiculous as well. I just don't understand why it has to be that way.

Every team has supporters that hate other teams with a passion. A lot of Freo hate the eagles & vice versa. Not having a go, but take a look on your board and tell me your fans aren't the same.

Your fans have dedicated FB pages to hate Freo (Freo prob have similar, but nothing I've seen) that don't make it easier to like eagle fans.

I personally can't stand North as a team, hate them more than WCE tbh. Eagles fans are worse than Norths in general but.

Oh absolutely, without a doubt, and I completely understand that, but the magnitude of the hate is just incomprehensible. I also just dislike how people group together West Coast (& Freo) fans in the same basket. We both get some really horrible representatives and they become generalised and it just frustrates me how just because some West Coast fans do something wrong, the rest of them are misrepresented, it's like calling all Muslim's terrorists.

Unwelcome, Ill-Informed Lectures Board is that way.

Look I have no issue with you disagreeing with any of those statements, but come on, I'm just trying to be reasonable and it's purely subjective. I feel categorise it as ill-informed is a little unfair judging as it's based on opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back