The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: We MUST re-sign Meesen!

Yawn. I’ve head this before; I’ve had this exact argument many times. Why are people so thick? You do realise that teams can have great individuals and yet still be a pathetic team? Or is that too hard for you to comprehend?

Name half of the Norwood side that I've talked up. Thanks. :)

Have you ever thought that if everyone disagrees with you, it might actually be you thats wrong? That noone takes your opinion seriously is your own fault. If you had so many great individuals, there is no way you would be so pathetic in a league the standard of the SANFL. None. The reality is, you overrate Norwood players to the point of idiocy every god damned week.

Off the top of my head youve done hype work for: Meesen, Pfeiffer, Campbell, Cockshell, Gibson, Massie, Womameira, Aish, Vladkto, Lower. Without any research i can think of 10.

I think u guys should seriously consider trading Meesen Mattner and Reiley for Ray hall to richmond
all jokes aside
ive seen a bit of meesen looks like a good player
with Kreuzer coming up as the next number 1 pick
maybe the 2nd bottom teams 2nd round pick could be offered
what do u guys think his worth ?

Yes I saw that too but you know what, so one tackle didn't stick, big whoop! Lots of positives to take out of his game and you highlight one tackle that wasn’t executed well?

Thats just one of the things i remember, it stood out to me. Yes, only one tackle, and i will forgive him for it. The other thing, I didn't see lots of positives, sure he didn't disgrace himself, but I didn't see much to be highlighted as exceptional.

Pfeiffer, Campbell, Meesen, Wonameira, Aish, Massie, Vlatko

Want me to go on :cool:
Oh so now Massie isn't worth praising? :rolleyes: Averaged 28 possessions in his 4 games with Norwood.

And when have I ever mentioned Vlatko, or made a thread about him? :D He's having a good year but I doubt I've ever hyped him up on here. Oh and please keep going as I want at least 11. :)

Off the top of my head youve done hype work for: Meesen, Pfeiffer, Campbell, Cockshell, Gibson, Massie, Womameira, Aish, Vladkto, Lower. Without any research i can think of 10.

Oh so now Massie isn't worth praising? :rolleyes: Averaged 28 possessions in his 4 games with Norwood.

And when have I ever mentioned Vlatko, or made a thread about him? :D He's having a good year but I doubt I've ever hyped him up on here. Oh and please keep going as I want at least 11. :)
Massie indeed is worth praise.

Jericho makes 11 :D

Have you ever thought that if everyone disagrees with you, it might actually be you thats wrong? That noone takes your opinion seriously is your own fault. If you had so many great individuals, there is no way you would be so pathetic in a league the standard of the SANFL. None. The reality is, you overrate Norwood players to the point of idiocy every god damned week.

Yawn, again. You know we've actually been playing well this year, so half of those players you mentioned have been worthy of praise. We have good players, people who play well. I praise them! :eek: Hold the press!!! Talk about going overboard.

Cockshell will be delisted by Port at seasons end as he's no good. 1 off your list. As I just said to PC I've never hyped Vlatko. 2 down. Aish? Even in that thread where people asked whether we should be taken under Father/Son I never replied. So where has all this Aish hype from me been?

Get a clue. Please. And you say I've got no credibility! :eek:

Yawn, again. You know we've actually been playing well this year, so half of those players you mentioned have been worthy of praise. We have good players, people who play well. I praise them! :eek: Hold the press!!! Talk about going overboard.

Cockshell will be delisted by Port at seasons end as he's no good. 1 off your list. As I just said to PC I've never hyped Vlatko. 2 down. Aish? Even in that thread where people asked whether we should be taken under Father/Son I never replied. So where has all this Aish hype from me been?

Get a clue. Please. And you say I've got no credibility! :eek:

Your team is nowhere near as good as you would have us believe. You are the least credible football observer ive ever read, and this is in a town where the Advertiser is the major newspaper. The problem isnt that you praise people, its that you are unable to be objective at all. You put up mind numbing thread after thread full of glowing praise for Norwood hacks, yet talk down on players like Vince for similiar performances.

Meanwhile, let me get this straight, out of a list of 10 you're attempting to challenge 3, and you believe that restores your credibility?

Nah there is no must about it.
He isn't working out, if he was he wouldn't be in the papers being asked to prove himself and take inspiration from players who have resurrected their career such as JERICHO in doing so who hasn't exactly been electric.
If he performs he will make it once again as with Jericho there are others looking for spots and spots must be made available come draft time.

Don't mind Drummond's hype, he will hype his team because it's who he is watching most obviously and some of those players are doing well which he outlined just some are only doing as well as others at the same time.

Your team is nowhere near as good as you would have us believe. You are the least credible football observer ive ever read, and this is in a town where the Advertiser is the major newspaper. The problem isnt that you praise people, its that you are unable to be objective at all. You put up mind numbing thread after thread full of glowing praise for Norwood hacks, yet talk down on players like Vince for similiar performances.

Meanwhile, let me get this straight, out of a list of 10 you're attempting to challenge 3, and you believe that restores your credibility?
Ok whatever champ I can see this is going nowhere. I love Norwood and I’m passionate about the Legs. I’ve been a member for years and I’ve barely missed a game in about 7 years. Do I talk up Norwood players? Yes of course I do, if they deserve it. I started a thread a month ago and I said that Meesen put in a disappointing performance. Well I saw him again tonight and it was a complete reversal. You’ve probably seen Meesen once, twice, maybe three times all up? I’ve seen him play every game he’s played with Norwood except maybe on 1 or 2 occasions. I’ve gone out to reserves matches just to see him play. I think I’m in a fair position to judge his performances and I have the right to comment on the improvements I notice in his game.

I am not afraid to criticise the performances of Norwood players. I’ve been bagged a few times for having a go at the performances of Legs players. I may not be as objective as some but I still will call it as I see it. I’ve yelled out at Pfeiffer before for looking uninterested and a fellow Norwood fan actually had a go at me for it. If a players performance warrant criticism then I will give it, and likewise when a player performs well I will call it that way.

This is a shit thread, for two reasons.

1. Drummond saying we must re-sign Meesen like it's some massive revelation to all of us - almost every single person on this board is hoping we keep Meesen.

2. The way you're all going Drummond for his love of Norwood players. Sure, it's over the top and misguided a lot of the time, but play the ball, not the man.

This is a shit thread, for two reasons.

1. Drummond saying we must re-sign Meesen like it's some massive revelation to all of us - almost every single person on this board is hoping we keep Meesen.

2. The way you're all going Drummond for his love of Norwood players. Sure, it's over the top and misguided a lot of the time, but play the ball, not the man.
1. Yes I’m well aware of that. I’m not trying to convince anyone as those with half a brain would want him re-signed. All I was doing is emphasising the point on what a talent he is. When you’ve got a ruckman with such mobility, ball winning ability and football smarts you do everything you can to keep them.

I still don’t believe he's AFL ready, but to be honest I don’t think that really matters. I’ve said it before but Hamish McIntosh played 1 game in his first 3 years on the list and look at him now. All you need is patience with big guys.

2. That's a good call. ;) I mean people were having a crack before I even posted my review!

Drummond you've been a Meesen fan for so long, that at one stage I thought you were John Meesen, but didn't you also have a recent post that wanted to trade him for Danny Meyer??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a Crows supporter but I do follow the Redlegs, so please permit me an observation about Meesen.

The temptation is to hang onto a skilled big man because they take longer to mature, but although I acknowledge Meesen has considerable skills, he needs to impose himself on a game more. He borders on timid at times.

Maybe if he can fire up and throw himself into his work more he could find a place in the Crows line-up. At present, I can't see him playing AFL anytime soon.

Can't believe he wouldnt have a great game after that article.

To be honest I wouldnt mind trading him home at all...

Ok whatever champ I can see this is going nowhere. I love Norwood and I’m passionate about the Legs. I’ve been a member for years and I’ve barely missed a game in about 7 years. Do I talk up Norwood players? Yes of course I do, if they deserve it. I started a thread a month ago and I said that Meesen put in a disappointing performance. Well I saw him again tonight and it was a complete reversal. You’ve probably seen Meesen once, twice, maybe three times all up? I’ve seen him play every game he’s played with Norwood except maybe on 1 or 2 occasions. I’ve gone out to reserves matches just to see him play. I think I’m in a fair position to judge his performances and I have the right to comment on the improvements I notice in his game.

I am not afraid to criticise the performances of Norwood players. I’ve been bagged a few times for having a go at the performances of Legs players. I may not be as objective as some but I still will call it as I see it. I’ve yelled out at Pfeiffer before for looking uninterested and a fellow Norwood fan actually had a go at me for it. If a players performance warrant criticism then I will give it, and likewise when a player performs well I will call it that way.

Dont you see though, theres the problem. You love him so much you go to games specifically to see him, and have very little ability to be objective about it. Then you come on Bigfooty banging the same old drum (no pun) about how Meesen is the saviour.

One half of reserves football will not affect whether or not we should re-sign Meesen. Its just another over reaction on your behalf similiar to the Westoff/Gill thread.

As for claiming you're critical of the legs, come on... thats not gonna fool anyone.

Big Ivan Maric is back in form and would be a shoe in to get a game ahead of the cumbersome John Meesen.

He was traffic today in the way he palmed the ball to the Port Adelaide Magpies midfielders. His states were not that high but he dominated the ruck contest all day.

Big Ivan Maric is back in form and would be a shoe in to get a game ahead of the cumbersome John Meesen.

Cumbersome :confused:

His work around the ground is his best asset I would've thought.

Might be fair enough.

Doesnt seem as mobile as Maric/Griff when ive watched them...

I'd guess that Griff would be more mobile, but Maric? Maric does his best work in the ruck contest, I don't really think of him as 'mobile'.

I'd guess that Griff would be more mobile, but Maric? Maric does his best work in the ruck contest, I don't really think of him as 'mobile'.

I dont know their sprinting records etc, but just from my observations, when they ruck against eachother Maric seems far more mobile. Definitely a far greater leap on that one.

Might be fair enough.

Doesnt seem as mobile as Maric/Griff when ive watched them...

Precisely – cumbersome doesn’t necessarily need to have a negative connotation connected to it. Griffin, Tippett and Maric would all have far greater mobility and agility when the ball in at there feet

Precisely – cumbersome doesn’t necessarily need to have a negative connotation connected to it. Griffin, Tippett and Maric would all have far greater mobility and agility when the ball in at there feet
Now you’re just talking trash. How many times have you seen Meesen play? What kind of position are you in to make these claims? Meesen is VERY good at ground level and has exceptional hands in heavy traffic. In fact it is one of his major strengths. He covers the ground very well and he looked more coordinated than ever last night.

And I can’t believe you're saying Kurt Tippett has "far greater mobility and agility" when he's played 5 odd games of SANFL football in his life. He’s a good prospect but let’s not go overboard. Meesen's mobility >> Maric's.

Now you’re just talking trash. How many times have you seen Meesen play? What kind of position are you in to make these claims? Meesen is VERY good at ground level and has exceptional hands in heavy traffic. In fact it is one of his major strengths. He covers the ground very well and he looked more coordinated than ever last night.

And I can’t believe you're saying Kurt Tippett has "far greater mobility and agility" when he's played 5 odd games of SANFL football in his life. He’s a good prospect but let’s not go overboard. Meesen's mobility >> Maric's.

I was talking about the player overall speed (how quick they are), agility (body movement), lateral movement (evasiveness), no where did I ever say anything about there ability win the ball.

IMO in those areas Griffin, Maric and Tippett would be far superior to John Meesen. You don’t agree and that is fine but I will stand by my comment and suggest that John Meesen is a cumbersome ruckman

I really do think you have have a dilemma with Meesen. He was in the top 10 draftees of 2004 and he has not come on as Adelaide would have liked. Another problem is he is a Victorian boy and he could go to one of nine Melbourne base sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back