Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Travelling badly ? You can only beat who you play each week.

One loss since losing to richmond ??

Having built up a huge percentage advantage we could afford to take the pedal of the metal.

Hodge had a chuckle abou tte 100pt betting line of friday - says it all realy

I thought we would beat the Swans in Launceston, great start for a change, but the last half was deplorable.
I hope we put in FOUR quarters next week, we couldn't even win four quarters yesterday against the 2nd bottom team..
We're not playing them coming off Collingwood, Geelong, Adelaide and then WCE in Perth.

Not overly worried. Although I am a bit worried about this week which could possibly mean that it could all come down to rd 23 against the Eagles.

We haven't had an outstanding few weeks compared to our hot run earlier. But none of the top 5 have. Sydney lost to the Pies and lost the 1st qtr to the Doggies. Adelaide were beaten by Brisbane. Pies were stitched up by North. Eagles were flogged by Freo, fell over the line against a half strength Cats and were unimpressive against Port.

We are travelling as well as any other side in the top 5 so I think a top 4 finish should happen.

A pretty simple equation for Hawthorn now. Win the next two games and be guaranteed top two (probably finish top of the ladder). Lose next week and Hawthorn can't finish higher than third, which means a road trip for the finals first week up.

I did think that Hawthorn had locked up top four, but if Hawthorn loses its two remaining games and the Eagles win both its remaining games (including over Hawthorn in round 23), Hawthorn will have a home game alright - an elimination final.

Now its in our hands AGAIN, lets hop we can get some form back and have buddy back and full strength team next Saturday to get to top of the ladder, then the following week a strong weak against the hugely over rated Weagles. And lets hope we DO play the shats again in the finals and beat them and get the monkey off our back and go on to win a memorable grannie. We are the form team of the year, we deserve to win it, we just need to play like we did against the pies etc. Sucks that the swans game isnt on FTA, for ****s sake, whats going on? Oh well, another radio game, then they are all televised live.
GO HAWKS

Being in second place would see us at the G against the third placed Crows, I think that would be nearlly best case scenario in terms of our week 1 match up, pity there is still two weeks to go :D,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to finish second with a home final to the Crows that would be best case scenario, better then finishing top imo, thats the point I was trying to make

All likelihood points to us either 1st or 4th, and Sydney either 1st or 4th all coming down to this week. I highly, highly doubt we would get to play the over-rated crows. Although, yes, this would be good if it were the finals now, but it ain't... so...

This weeks match isn't only for the minor premiership, but also a home final in week 1.

Forgetting all the garbage being written about Franklin, word is he may miss the Sydney game because he is still very unwell. I'm beginning to get a little concerned that Buddy isn't going to get much game time into his legs for a finals build up.
Correct , this along with the injury to cryil and our mediocre efforts the last 2 weeks mean we would be in big trouble if the finals were this week, doubtful that we will beat the swans this week but we will beat the eagles in 2 weeks , that will leave us third on the ladder and a trip to sydney again. Cryil is the key, if we can get him back we will be right, if not we are only 50/50 in sept, he is the 1 player we can not cover.

Not only will we beat the Swans this week, we will smash them. 40+ points. Minor premiership sewn up as other clubs desperately try to avoid finishing fourth (and for good reason). There's no avoiding the avalanche that's coming. If I were you, I'd get out of the freakin way and just enjoy the devastation wreaked.

Read this article this morning.

Interesting, we could finish anywhere in the Top 4 really. The best outcome would be a Home final against Adelaide, but considering their piss-easy run into the finals thats not going to happen. I don't know if I'm too keen on playing Collingwood in a Qualifying Final, and Sydney at ANZ doesn't sound easy.

What is the best outcome for us regarding where we finish?

I did the ladder predictor. If both us and Collingwood win both of the remaining games, and Geelong beat Sydney, we will finish on top and face Sydney at the G'. That sounds good imo, as the Swans MCG record isn't amazing, and if we win will mean a Melbourne Prelim. However if we lose to Sydney, they finish on top, and we travel to ANZ.

If we lose both matches from here, and West Coast beat Collingwood this week, we will get knocked out of the top 4 and face Carlton in an Elimination final.

I'm finding this confusing. What an important 2 weeks, go Collingwood.

Not only will we beat the Swans this week, we will smash them. 40+ points. Minor premiership sewn up as other clubs desperately try to avoid finishing fourth (and for good reason). There's no avoiding the avalanche that's coming. If I were you, I'd get out of the freakin way and just enjoy the devastation wreaked.
I love your confidence and swagger Agent Smith, with a fit Buddy and Cryil playing I would share your thoughts ,but...

I love your confidence and swagger Agent Smith, with a fit Buddy and Cryil playing I would share your thoughts ,but...

You just need some brown and gold attitude adjustment... (okay, so it's a fake tan, sue me). :D

hulk-hogan.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back