Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I completely agree but yet apparently Adelaide are clearly the weakest of the 5 and are a joke and pretenders?o_O

Maybe others think that way? But i have never ever said that Adelaide is the weakest team in the top 5. This year the Crows have performed better then Collingeood and WC, as the ladder suggests (3rd) The Crows at their best are better then WC IMO. But anyway, some will agree, some will disagree. The Crows have deserved to be in the position they are in. All the best for the finals, Adelaide are a really good chance to give the finals series a real shake. :thumbsu:

Maybe others think that way? But i have never ever said that Adelaide is the weakest team in the top 5. This year the Crows have performed better then Collingeood and WC, as the ladder suggests (3rd) The Crows at their best are better then WC IMO. But anyway, some will agree, some will disagree. The Crows have deserved to be in the position they are in. All the best for the finals, Adelaide are a really good chance to give the finals series a real shake. :thumbsu:
Cheers mate. Its good to see some reason and sensibility brought in from opposition supporter. Good luck to you guys too (although to be honest you wont need it).

I know I have to be careful of my response on this board but gee that is a terrible reply from you. Freo are a top8 side are they not? We played them twice and beat them twice.
Secondly how were the Saints Depleted?
Thirdly apart from last week North have proven to be basically unbeatable at Etihad.
Yes Geelong the reigning Premiers who we flogged at AAMI and our reserves just missed out on a win at Simmonds (somehwere you never have to play)

Say what you like, I think healthy discussion is good. How is my post terrible? I understand that you beat them twice, but they were not in the 8 and have only just secured their spot. But lets give you that. Do you consider them a Top team, as you pointed out? They are also rans, are you hanging your hat on beating them twice being the reason that you have not had an easy draw and deserve top 4 - That, after all, is the point. If so, I call poor post by you my friend.

So you are saying that because Geelong are reigning premiers that they are a great side and have been all year. They have been up and down like a yo-yo and before you go there, yes they beat us but I can tell you now they play their ABSOLUTE best footy when it comes to playing the Hawks and their best footy is still very good. Their flaw is that they are up and down and that is why they have struggled this year. You caught them in a down week at your home ground and a good week at theirs.

As for North, if you were good enough to beat a side placed 11th that had just been smashed by us and only just beaten GC, you would have. Regardless of where it was, same as the Cats game. These are the type of excuses clubs make that don't make the top 4. Why are you making them?

Are you disputing the fact that wins against WC and The Pies would have been unlikely and therefore placed you outside the top 4, as I was initially pointing out?

When all is said and done I have chewed marshmellow that has been harder than your draw. There is endless "proof" to it that all, bar you and some other Adelaide supporters, can see. I higlight some because I speak to plenty of Crows supporters who put their hand up and say "Fair call" our draw is soft. The club even recognised it when the draw was announced.

Do you actually believe your draw was not soft and is in no way responsible for you being top 4?

Say what you like, I think healthy discussion is good. How is my post terrible? I understand that you beat them twice, but they were not in the 8 and have only just secured their spot. But lets give you that. Do you consider them a Top team, as you pointed out? They are also rans, are you hanging your hat on beating them twice being the reason that you have not had an easy draw and deserve top 4 - That, after all, is the point. If so, I call poor post by you my friend.

So you are saying that because Geelong are reigning premiers that they are a great side and have been all year. They have been up and down like a yo-yo and before you go there, yes they beat us but I can tell you now they play their ABSOLUTE best footy when it comes to playing the Hawks and their best footy is still very good. Their flaw is that they are up and down and that is why they have struggled this year. You caught them in a down week at your home ground and a good week at theirs.

As for North, if you were good enough to beat a side placed 11th that had just been smashed by us and only just beaten GC, you would have. Regardless of where it was, same as the Cats game. These are the type of excuses clubs make that don't make the top 4. Why are you making them?

Are you disputing the fact that wins against WC and The Pies would have been unlikely and therefore placed you outside the top 4, as I was initially pointing out?

When all is said and done I have chewed marshmellow that has been harder than your draw. There is endless "proof" to it that all, bar you and some other Adelaide supporters, can see. I higlight some because I speak to plenty of Crows supporters who put their hand up and say "Fair call" our draw is soft. The club even recognised it when the draw was announced.

Do you actually believe your draw was not soft and is in no way responsible for you being top 4?
Please quote me on where I said our draw isnt soft?
I'm was simply disagreeing to the fact that we wouldn't be top 4 without it and that we dont deserve top 4. Norths draw has been easier then ours but they dont cop anywhere near the crap about it that we do but that doesnt matter. Anyway if it will make you feel better Hawthorn are good and Adelaide are crap. Do you feel better now?

Please quote me on where I said our draw isnt soft?
I'm was simply disagreeing to the fact that we wouldn't be top 4 without it and that we dont deserve top 4. Norths draw has been easier then ours but they dont cop anywhere near the crap about it that we do but that doesnt matter. Anyway if it will make you feel better Hawthorn are good and Adelaide are crap. Do you feel better now?

Stop being childish, I have not paid you that disrespect anywhere in this thread. If you want to have a discussion on things, thats fine. I don't need rediculous conversations with anyone to feel good, bad or otherwise about myself.

So are you saying that having the soft draw, which you agree with, has not helped (in a big way) to you being given the double chance?

If so answer my question honestly - Would you give yourself, based on your record and venue (Seeing as how the venue has been a valid reason for you losing other games - see North and Geelong), a realistic chance of beating Collingwood at the G and West Coast at Subi? if your honest answer is yes then you can feel all warm and tingly about your club being in the top 4. If your honest answer was no then you admit you should not be top 4 based on a fairer draw. Anyway as I said before, you are top 4 so you can enjoy it. I just don't think you would be with a fair draw.

Stop being childish, I have not paid you that disrespect anywhere in this thread. If you want to have a discussion on things, thats fine. I don't need rediculous conversations with anyone to feel good, bad or otherwise about myself.

So are you saying that having the soft draw, which you agree with, has not helped (in a big way) to you being given the double chance?

If so answer my question honestly - Would you give yourself, based on your record and venue (Seeing as how the venue has been a valid reason for you losing other games - see North and Geelong), a realistic chance of beating Collingwood at the G and West Coast at Subi? if your honest answer is yes then you can feel all warm and tingly about your club being in the top 4. If your honest answer was no then you admit you should not be top 4 based on a fairer draw. Anyway as I said before, you are top 4 so you can enjoy it. I just don't think you would be with a fair draw.
Ill break it down for you.
Do I think we've had a soft draw? Yes
Do I think we could beat Collingwood or West Coast away? Yes (But why should our double up games be all against top 8 sides?)
Do I think we would be top 4 with a different draw? Yes.

Do I think we could beat Collingwood or West Coast away? Yes (But why should our double up games be all against top 8 sides?)

Ahhh there we have it. We disagree, I was wondering what was going on :thumbsu:

• Soft Draw - We agree
  • Can I ask why you think you would knock Collingwood off at the G and West Coast at Subi? Based on previous form that would be highly unlikely. They should not, that would be a complete reversal of the fairness. Playing all of Port, GCS and GWS pretty much equates to 6 gimme games. That is having your cake and shovelling it down your throat quicker than a Selwood hits their knees. I was comparing it to what at least 3 of the other top 5 sides have had to deal with when it comes to the double up games (Us, WCE and C/Wood).
  • If you don't think that would have changed it :eek:o_O. I pegged you guys for top 8 though, based on improvement, but top 4 is a gift of your draw.

Ahhh there we have it. We disagree, I was wondering what was going on :thumbsu:

• Soft Draw - We agree
  • Can I ask why you think you would knock Collingwood off at the G and West Coast at Subi? Based on previous form that would be highly unlikely. They should not, that would be a complete reversal of the fairness. Playing all of Port, GCS and GWS pretty much equates to 6 gimme games. That is having your cake and shovelling it down your throat quicker than a Selwood hits their knees. I was comparing it to what at least 3 of the other top 5 sides have had to deal with when it comes to the double up games (Us, WCE and C/Wood).
  • If you don't think that would have changed it :eek:o_O. I pegged you guys for top 8 though, based on improvement, but top 4 is a gift of your draw.

Please quote me where I said we would beat Collingwood and West Coast away?
So you honestly think its a 6 game head start on the others? Dear me...

Please quote me where I said we would beat Collingwood and West Coast away?
So you honestly think its a 6 game head start on the others? Dear me...
Here you go -

Now show me where I said you had a 6 game start on the others. I said you get 6 gimme games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys,
Just going through the finals scenarios and it seems we've got the toughest lead up to the GF. Firstly have to play the Pies. They are probably a better team than both the Swan and definately the Crows.

If we win that then it's more than likely we'll face the Cats in the PF. Something that we'll have trouble with.

If we lose to the Pies then assuming we account for WC at home we'll have either the Swans or the Crows away and either the Pies or Cats in the GF.

I'm not confident at all. Especially without Guerra

It is what it is

If we are the real deal then it shouldn't matter who they face
I would love the hawks to play in and win the grand final and the next few weeks will tell us if we are the real deal and I'm not going to spend my time working out who plays who but instead will sit back and hope the boys can get the job done and enjoy the moment week by week.

IF.... we are to make the GF and win it this year, I want to have it having gone through both the Cats and the Pies. I couldn't imagine the following year having the opportunity to enjoy a GF win, only to have those two groups of supporters saying "You didn't really win... you didn't beat us" or words to that affect. That would drive me insane.

I would verge on saying that I would rather lose to them now than put up with that crap all year. It would do my head in.

I take Derm's line..... I want to meet the Cats in the finals...... The Grand Final!

FIRE UP B.F.HAWKERS it's FINALS TIME....... BRING IT OOOOONNNNNNN!

I hope you're right. I don't think I can take close games in the finals series

Time for worrying is over, we have now finished top four and top spot. We can spend the finals series enjoying it and what ever happens happens.
Other teams and thier supporters are the ones that need to be worrying about us....

What is going on around here the last couple of days?
I feel like I have woken up in an alternate future after the West Coast win, a future where we have not won the minor premiership are not clearly the very best side in the land.

We lost a great warrior in Brent Guerra but have class leading depth that can come in to play his role, Ellis, Cheney, Savage and a bloke called Hodge goes alright as well.

NO SIDE wants to play us, not in Melbourne, not interstate, not on the moon.
This side is destined for greatness and it all starts next Friday night against the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back