The official "X v Y" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
(nathan foley and richo) vs (roughead and pendlebury)

I'm a tiger so could not bear to have that much invested in a game. I spend enough emotionally already.

That said, I think Pendlebury is on the up (check out his improving SC scores over the years).

Out of left field, but I would go S Tuck and Fev....

Mine is B. Johnson (WB) V J Roughead (Haw) V Fev (Car) V S. Johnson (Gee).

I want to take two of these.

I am most interested in Brad Johnson. He is fully over his injured hip that hampered him last year. Do you guys see him going back to 100ish average?

Cheers

Sorry guys.....mine seems to have been missed.

Cheers

Sorry guys.....mine seems to have been missed.

Cheers
Roughead vs Fev vs B.Johnson vs S.Johnson

Won't question your strategy too much, but having 2 of them appears risky. anyways my thoughts are go with fevola and roughy. fev will kick a lot of goals again, and with the better delivery and them likely winning more games he will spend less time losing the plot and giving away frees, thus improving his scores. roughy will only improve, was a no2 draft pick that keeps getting better. B.Johnson is nearly past it, and S.Johnson I have never liked in SC.

Hope that helps, now my questions are:

cross vs pendlebury, and
chapman vs richo vs J.brown

cheers

Mine is B. Johnson (WB) V J Roughead (Haw) V Fev (Car) V S. Johnson (Gee).

I want to take two of these.

I am most interested in Brad Johnson. He is fully over his injured hip that hampered him last year. Do you guys see him going back to 100ish average?

Cheers

I think that Johnson is on the way down, with the bulldogs possibly looking to get more games into younger forward options, aker playing the better crumbing role and walsh the leading forward, it will kinda make johnson a third forward, 2nd at best.... Id go with Fev and Stokes who is also around the same price....

Mine is:
Kerr, Selwood Thomas (Dale) vs Burgoyne (S), Haselby and Stokes + change

Roughead vs Fev vs B.Johnson vs S.Johnson

cross vs pendlebury, and
chapman vs richo vs J.brown

cheers

I am definitely on the Chapman train this year. He has done a full pre-season :eek: and is looking really fit. Bomber Thompson has come out and said that Chapman will get more midfield time this year and he doesn't mind getting the rough hardball gets. He has shown that he is capable of being top 10 in SC in the past and is well and capable of going back to his average 112.7 in 2007. His hammies are always a bit of a worry but I hope the full pre-season will help in this department.

J. Brown might take a little while to get going at full pace following hip surgery so he might drop a bit and should be cheaper.......that's why I want one of Roughead, Johnson or Fev so I can do a relative easy upgrade for him.

I keep saying to myself Richo is too old but he keeps racking the up.

Also, definitely Pendelbury. On the way up and has shown he can get massive scores.

Nathan Foley v Chris Knights?

I reckon most will scoff at this question but Knights is a genuine ball magnet on the way up.

Nathan Foley v Chris Knights?

I reckon most will scoff at this question but Knights is a genuine ball magnet on the way up.

That is the exact same problem that is troubling me at the moment.

I have chosen Knights so far as he is on the way up and will star in Adelaides midifeld this year IMO.

Lovett VS Lonergan VS Foley(60-70k more expensive) VS Griffen VS Lewis

That is the exact same problem that is troubling me at the moment.

I have chosen Knights so far as he is on the way up and will star in Adelaides midifeld this year IMO.

Lovett VS Lonergan VS Foley(60-70k more expensive) VS Griffen VS Lewis

Yeah I keep changing my mind on the Knights v Foley situation, probably wont settle it until the day before round 1 kicks off. Griffin looks a good option this year I reckon, he uses the ball pretty well and isn't as prone to clangers as Lewis can be. The Bomber boys, particularly Lovett, are a bit more inconsistent IMO. Lovett might turn it on early this year though after being put on the trade table. Could be worth a punt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuck with my last midfielder.

Cooney v Pendles v Dal Santo v Goodes

Gotta go pendles,

his average has jumped significantly in the last couple of years and is an absolute star.

Goldsack VS Dempsey VS Urquhart VS Gilbert VS R.Houlihan

Gotta go pendles,

his average has jumped significantly in the last couple of years and is an absolute star.

Goldsack VS Dempsey VS Urquhart VS Gilbert VS R.Houlihan

yeah, I agree with Pendels......but I keep thimking I could get J Selwood for a bit cheaper and he is also raring to go. Decisions, decisions......

Out of your bunch definitely Houlihan. Fit for the first time in many years, will get every game and should return to his average of 85. Others are all hacks.....terrible efficiency.

Looks like houlihan is back in form, likely to float forward and kick a few.
Gilbert would be my second pick of the lot but will be competing with L.fisher and geary for game time.

Rucks
Cox & Leuenberger or Hille & McKintosh

Forward line options

1) Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Higgins, Veszpremi, Ziebell (Grant, Gumbleton)

2) Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Higgins, Ziebell... and one of ROK/Goodwin/Richardson....and one of Ziebell, Grant, Gumbleton or Walker starting (the remaining two on the bench of course)

What would you do and why?

Forward line options

1) Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Higgins, Veszpremi, Ziebell (Grant, Gumbleton)

2) Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Higgins, Ziebell... and one of ROK/Goodwin/Richardson....and one of Ziebell, Grant, Gumbleton or Walker starting (the remaining two on the bench of course)

What would you do and why?

i'm not sure if i've read it wrong, but is that just veszpremi vs. ROK/Goodwin/richo?
if so i'd go ROK any day of the week, i reckon the other 2 will begin slowing down this year as age sets in, ROK had a bad finish to 2008 but before that was scoring hugely, well over 100 i think.

mine is Kornes vs. Dalziell?

cheers

i'm not sure if i've read it wrong, but is that just veszpremi vs. ROK/Goodwin/richo?
if so i'd go ROK any day of the week, i reckon the other 2 will begin slowing down this year as age sets in, ROK had a bad finish to 2008 but before that was scoring hugely, well over 100 i think.

mine is Kornes vs. Dalziell?

cheers

i'd go with kornes. proven performer who is ultra consistent. will always rack up a big number of disposals and if he has a day where most touchs find the target he can get a huge score. not to mention he lays plenty of tackles.

chapman vs stokes?

i'd go with kornes. proven performer who is ultra consistent. will always rack up a big number of disposals and if he has a day where most touchs find the target he can get a huge score. not to mention he lays plenty of tackles.

chapman vs stokes?

Where is the neither option? Chapman is too injury-prone for mine, but is great while he's there. Stokes... meh. Surely you can find something better?

i need two out of
dangerfield, robinson, and liam anothony for my midfield bench
who do u guys reckon?

i need two out of
who do u guys reckon?

get robinson for sure, he's a cult hero already over there and ratts loves playing kids.
flip of the coin with the other two danger hasn't shown enough and liam is cursed by playing for North.
Keep an eye on dangers score this weekend though they have high hopes for him so he'll get games this year sooner or later.

For me Houli or Birchall.
Houli's durability is a concern but his potential is huge with only needing few disposals to score big!
While Birchall is very consistent I feel he may step up a notch this year and push up the ground a bit more. but with all of the Hawks backline falling over it has me worried he'll be forced to be more accountable and his recent hammy twang makes me think he may start the season under done.

i need two out of
who do u guys reckon?

i'd definitely have robinson but i'm also not sure who to go with for the other option. out of dangerfield and anthony i'd say dangerfield.

i'm tossing up between swift and beams. who should i go for or is there a better option at 94, 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back