The official "X v Y" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure if i've read it wrong, but is that just veszpremi vs. ROK/Goodwin/richo?
if so i'd go ROK any day of the week, i reckon the other 2 will begin slowing down this year as age sets in, ROK had a bad finish to 2008 but before that was scoring hugely, well over 100 i think.

mine is Kornes vs. Dalziell?

cheers

Haha it was two part question....and i stuffed it up.

Would you rather have option 1 or 2, and if 2, what player would you get?

1) Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Higgins, Veszpremi, Yarran (Grant, Gumbleton)

2) Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, ROK/Goodwin/Richardson/Chapman, Higgins, Yarran, Grant (Gumbleton, Walker)

What do you guys reckon?

i'm tossing up between swift and beams. who should i go for or is there a better option at 94, 200?

Beams looked better, but this is what i'm thinking: WCE are unlikely to have a fantastic year, meaning more games will be given to young kids. I think Swift is more likely to get a gig consistently than Beams.

B.HALL + B.JOHNSON or FEV + STEVIE J

im bit concerned about hall and johnno not sure whether or not they are too old to bring back them huge scores from acouple of years ago.

thoughts?

For me Houli or Birchall.
Houli's durability is a concern but his potential is huge with only needing few disposals to score big!
While Birchall is very consistent I feel he may step up a notch this year and push up the ground a bit more. but with all of the Hawks backline falling over it has me worried he'll be forced to be more accountable and his recent hammy twang makes me think he may start the season under done.

thoughts appreciated.

for what it's worth i'd go Fev and SJ but I wouldn't be happy with fev. he kicked 99 goals last year and still averaged very low all things considered. I just cant see him improving much. BJ is getting too old and Barry Hall is too unpredictable, who know when he'll snap or whether the counseling will work

i would go houli showed a huge improvement last year and will be more durable this year with another preseason under his belt.

I also think you are spot on with birchall needing to play a more role at least early on in the season with the hawks current injury problems.

Doesnt seem to be a question up at the moment..

sorry if this ones been done but..

Foley v McLean?

McLean - Looks as though Brock has finally sorted his off field issues which will hopefully translate into his best season on field.. not sure of his drawbacks, guess receiving the no. 1 tag each week and has been injury prone?

Foley - Only going by pre-season form suggests could be in for a big year, looking to get back to his 2007 form, also the addition of Cousin's will help, drawbacks not really sure cant say ive watched a lot of him..

Any other thoughts of people who have obviously watched more of these 2 would be great, thanks!

Foley has not been tagged in both nab matches. Hence the high scores but with the rise of Lids and the addition of Cousins I think Foley can still improve on last years average and be a keeper.

Hey Biggie - thoughts on likely gametime for Swift early on? He's classy, and I'd like to take him, but am seeking input on his likely role. Oddly, considering him + $210K v Masten

Cheers

Tough to say when he'll debut UTG.

I cant see him in the side unless injuries come along before rnd 6-7 tbh.

But once in I reckon he'll knock up 8-10 games at around 60-70 avg.

I personally don't have either Masto (shanks a lot of kicks -8 everytime!) or Swift.

Swift could be a downgrade for cash later on of course. :thumbsu:

Tuck & NDS v Cross & Selwood.

tough one but I'll say Cross + Selwood, too many unknowns in the Tuck NDS combo.
I myself have Tuck and Selwood :)

Brennan v Didak

The whole ruck issue is putting me off Brennan should i stay the course?

Tuck could be a winner. Tuck and Cross was another combo I was looking at.

Tuck, is he at risk of any tagging roles however?

To your question, Didak looks set for a big year elliot.

Brennan being played as a Mr Fix it doesnt fill me with confidence.

Jackson will play as our no.1 tagger this year and is in no danger of being dropped as Wallace has a man crush on the bloke. as long as jackson is in the team I think Tuck will be free too play an attacking role. I'm taking the punt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson will play as our no.1 tagger this year and is in no danger of being dropped as Wallace has a man crush on the bloke. as long as jackson is in the team I think Tuck will be free too play an attacking role. I'm taking the punt.
Sweet.

Tuck was actually my 3rd pick when SC opened and I have gone back to him after all this time.

A good sign I feel.

So basically its NDS v Cross for the 4th premium mid position. I'm off Joel.

I would go with Cross, predictability and reliability is hard to come by in this game.

Why have you gone off Joel? too much competition for points in the Geelong side?
I've been switching Selwood and Sewell, what are your thoughts on him?

Sweet.

Tuck was actually my 3rd pick when SC opened and I have gone back to him after all this time.

A good sign I feel.

So basically its NDS v Cross for the 4th premium mid position. I'm off Joel.

Cross for mine too Biggie.

Can't remember where (it may have even been yourself), but I heard a stat that Cross only had something like (only) 3-4 games in which he scored under 85 last season....have no sources to confirm this however.

Nearly a guarantee to get your SC side 95+ each week, just wish he kicked as much as he handballed.

I'm having my own toss-up between Hayes and Cross.

At the moment, i have Hayes as my 4th mid (Judd, Corey, SBlack) which leaves me with 60k in my bank (or 41k with Cross)....

What does everyone think of this....?

Can't remember where (it may have even been yourself), but I heard a stat that Cross only had something like (only) 3-4 games in which he scored under 85 last season....have no sources to confirm this however.

Didn't score under 85 and only 4 times scored between 85-90, and I think Cross would be better for your 4th mid just because hes super consistent :thumbsu: Last year Lenny went well for 8/9 games then dropped off for about 4 games until the mid-way break.

What are peoples thoughts on Pratt vs Shaw?

What are peoples thoughts on Pratt vs Shaw?

I had the same decision and went with Shaw. I am hoping that he has had an entire off season to work on evading tagging. If he has done this, he will be back to being one of the best defenders in SC.

Hille + Petrie VS Hille + McIntosh +179.8k

Tough to say when he'll debut UTG.

I cant see him in the side unless injuries come along before rnd 6-7 tbh.

But once in I reckon he'll knock up 8-10 games at around 60-70 avg.

I personally don't have either Masto (shanks a lot of kicks -8 everytime!) or Swift.

Swift could be a downgrade for cash later on of course. :thumbsu:

Tuck & NDS v Cross & Selwood.

I have really warmed to Shane Tuck in recent days. The absence of Johnson means game time and take a look at his last 6 weeks in 2008.

Rarely if ever injured (don't think he's missed a game since Trry arrived) and just gets it. Big hoof too.

Personally I'd go Tuck and NDS, though Tuck and Pendlebury really apepals too. Pendlebury SC scores constantly on the rise and highly efficient. Selwood gets heaps of it and I think Cross might have had his best ever year last year.

Ash Smith (Weagles) v Suban... I like mature bodies in youngsters and Ash Smith is all that

+ 1 i'd go with Cross.

Malceski vs S. Stevens + 50k which will allow me to upgrade stokes to anyone under 510k in my fwd line

If it was just malceski v S Stevens I'd probably say malceski, but if you can upgrade stokes to a $500K option then that's an easy yes...

sorry if that was unclear - i suggest malceski and upgrading stokes. if that was what you were asking. ah forget it.

Tom Collier v Lachie Henderson?

Looking for a $180K defender and have grimes and hill.

I have really warmed to Shane Tuck in recent days. The absence of Johnson means game time and take a look at his last 6 weeks in 2008.

Rarely if ever injured (don't think he's missed a game since Trry arrived) and just gets it. Big hoof too.

Personally I'd go Tuck and NDS, though Tuck and Pendlebury really apepals too.

Ash Smith (Weagles) v Suban... I like mature bodies in youngsters and Ash Smith is all that

Smith wont play in 09 from what I hear. Suban is probably more likely to get games.
Pendlebury SC scores constantly on the rise and highly efficient. Selwood gets heaps of it and I think Cross might have had his best ever year last year.

I like Pendles too. Just worried he will attract the hard tag every game as he is head and shoulders above Swan, Johnson, O Bree and others. Hmmm Judd attracts the tag but Im certain he'll have a good year......:D

If it was just malceski v S Stevens I'd probably say malceski, but if you can upgrade stokes to a $500K option then that's an easy yes...

sorry if that was unclear - i suggest malceski and upgrading stokes. if that was what you were asking. ah forget it.

Tom Collier v Lachie Henderson?

Looking for a $180K defender and have grimes and hill.

LOL yeah you pretty much answered it, brought in malceski and gia. cheers

Um with yours i'd go with Henderson seems to be looking good down back. Can also move up fwd if the lions wish to push him up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back