The Perth Glory FC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Andy Todd....the best defender ever to play for Perth Glory, and arguably one of the best ever defenders Australia has seen on these shores.:(

I wouldn't have kept him next season because of his age and injury problems, but it is still sad to see him go. Mine and most other Glory fans favourite player these last two seasons.

[YOUTUBE]DRzk181_wd8[/YOUTUBE]

So we're no longer dreaming of a team of Andy Todds? Sad to see him go but I didn't want him for another season either, last night was a prime example of why. He's 36 years old too ffs! Maybe his family will stay while he spends 6 months in the UK earning a bit more coin for some League 1 or 2 peice of shit.

Also Vinko Buljabasic was the best defender to ever play for Glory, an absolute star sweeper (until having his leg broken by Hamilton Thorpe).

Also a quality picture from last season:

336341-glory-accepts-todd-suspension.jpg

Good man, I think he's still more than capable of doing a job at that level. I for one shall miss him even injured he was better than 75% of those around him.

For those of you not on Gloryboys, a petition was planned for this weekend to dismay the fans disappointment in the season, the performance of the administration and a general dismay at how our club is rotting away.

Tony Sage has caught wind of this and will walk next week if it goes ahead. Some crisis meeting are going on between the FFA and the CEO of the Glory about the future of Perth Glory as we know it.

Shit is hitting the fan and watch this space because I have fears for our club at the moment...:(

When you have an absolute cretin like Chris Egan in control of this petition and he's the one discussing stuff with Allia then I don't blame Sage for walking. All these little cliques too, SSC, GFU etc...what a load of wank. They'll keep the club, the FFA need each major city to have a side but why not bring back Ron Smith and the Simpson Twins.

Absolute. ****ing. Shambles.

Glory football director Mitchell sacked

JONATHAN COOK, The West Australian March 3, 2011, 10:38 pm

Dave Mitchell has been sacked as Perth Glory's director of football but coach Ian Ferguson will retain his position next season.
Mitchell, who relinquished the coaching reins in October to take on the newly-created position, is considering legal action after being dumped from his position.
In a statement released last night, Glory owner Tony Sage said the director of football position would be abolished immediately.

article

Seems ludicrous that it took this long for heads to roll...
I can think of some more that need to follow Mitchell.

Like Phil's crew in the final seasno of the sopranos say..."Let's cut the heads off and deal with what's left".

When I think of Mitchell's time at Glory I'll always think of the time he was caught by the fox cameras having a good scratch of his balls on the bench on a paritcular steamy summers day one time.

As with many businesses wen they fail the CEo is the first to go...Why is Paul Kelly still there..Surely his position would have to be under review???

If Ferguson doesnt deliver in the 5 rounds than Glory should already have a replacement in their heads to make the transition quick and easy..

As with many businesses wen they fail the CEo is the first to go...Why is Paul Kelly still there..Surely his position would have to be under review???

If Ferguson doesnt deliver in the 5 rounds than Glory should already have a replacement in their heads to make the transition quick and easy..

Because when compared to other CEOs he earns sweet **** all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Im sure there are better people out there that can do that job regardless of the income..

Past players would certainly have a fair idea of how clubs are run and I think someone that bleeds purple should get the nod.

Paul Kelly certainly not doing the Glory any favours during his term..and his position must be looked at.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiecoyne100

Looks like our friend Jamie is shopping himself for a club. Poor sod, I doubt even state league clubs would be interested in that lump of shit!:p:eek:

When he was in the State League he was head and shoulders above the best player in the league. Won the player of the year 3 times I think, at least twice.

http://www.perthglory.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=39545

Perth Glory has appointed Western Australia coaching legend Graham Normanton to the role of WA Recruitment Manager.

Normanton, WA’s most successful senior coach will report directly to Perth Glory Coach Ian Ferguson.

The newly created position will see Normanton concentrate on identifying players from the All Flags State Premier League.

In a phenomenal 11 year reign, Normanton won a staggering 22 trophies including 5 league premierships.

Great acquisition by the club. Normo has been spoken about by a few fans who watch the state league as a potential manager of the Glory.
There are supposedly a few real gems currently in the state league so hopefully they get snapped up.:thumbsu:

In other good news SEN is saying Pellegrino has gone to the Cnetral Coast Mariners.

Adios you flashy egocentric waste of a right wing.

Just purchased my tickets to the Celtic game. Looking forward to some live football.:thumbsu:

Still can't fathom the fact that the A-League is still over four months away!

Some sad news, former player Tyler Simpson lost his battle with depression last week. He was playing with Blacktown and was the twin brother of Jordan Simpson. They both played bit part roles for the Roar and Glory in the first seasons of the A-League. Not cool.

In other news, Glory have raised their ticket prices again, way to get the fans back..idiots.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Perth Glory FC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back