The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

'How much would you pay for a ticket?' is a bit of a loaded question. Which ticket?

I went to the 2015 GF and the ticket price was far more reasonable than the result. Something like $150-200.

I'm highly unlikely to pay $2000 to see a game of footy, but if I'm sure as hell not going to pay it to sit in the nosebleeds.
Going to the GF in Melbourne, $2000 airfares + accommodation + beer + tickets = $$$$$

Going to the GF in Melbourne, $2000 airfares + accommodation + beer + tickets = $$$$$

Cost the husband and I close to 10k in 2012 - we did though buy the ridiculous AFL breakfast package and our accomodation was 5 star

True, but Optus is a few km away. Train fare is a few dollars (included with ticket), accommodation zero... If the AFL/stadium operator want to gouge local punters on that basis then I'm out. Though the market is less captive given the likely scenario there will no WA team in the finals this year - something that hasn't happened since 2009.

True, but Optus is a few km away. Train fare is a few dollars (included with ticket), accommodation zero... If the AFL/stadium operator want to gouge local punters on that basis then I'm out. Though the market is less captive given the likely scenario there will no WA team in the finals this year - something that hasn't happened since 2009.
No arguments from me.

all I know is that they’re owned by Hutchy
He has form,from the "The Boy's Club"
"Hutchinson's cosy arrangements with the AFL were embarrassingly exposed in 2019 when he was embroiled in a footy finals ticket gouging probe.A sports ticketing business run by Hutchinson was caught selling overpriced tickets to finals matches in breach of Victorian government laws."

"Hutchinson's cosy arrangements with the AFL were embarrassingly exposed in 2019 when he was embroiled in a footy finals ticket gouging probe.A sports ticketing business run by Hutchinson was caught selling overpriced tickets to finals matches in breach of Victorian government laws."

sounds like nothing has changed

it’s difficult to comment without having read the article but surely there has to be a please explain from the AFL as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No no no I don't, trust me I would never give that rag a cent. I only saw the headlines and thought how much do they really think they can gouge from the mugs. I would pay $500 tops.

Optus stadium memberships were / are $6k per year with 5 years up front, they sold out in hours.

I wonder if that entitles them to a gf ticket if it's played there or if they have to hand over another few k?

..and no eastern state supporters allowed in unless from Tassie and maybe SA by then.

Clubs like North Melbourne would be spewing. Their gf breakfast is their biggest fundraiser of the year. D grade celebrities some cold buttered toast and a ticket to the game, in fact most of the Melbourne club's do it now. They used to get allocated 1,500 tickets each and then pretty much scalp them for 1,000s. Package them up with something cheap and lame and make a killing.

Cost the husband and I close to 10k in 2012 - we did though buy the ridiculous AFL breakfast package and our accomodation was 5 star

Same, went to the 2015 GF with a bunch of friends, bought the AFL hospitality package for $950 each, sh!te seats and sh!te food but hey, got a selfie with Dyson Hepple and Nick Riewoldt. Bought the tickets in round 7 when it looked like Freo were all over it, but ended up seeing WCE get absolutely demolished by Hawks. Flights, accom in a South Yarra airbnb, went to the Footy Show grand final show on the Thursday night (KISS!), went to the parade then toured the rooftop bars on Friday, GF on the Saturday, toured all the bars of St Kilda on the Sunday, then came home and tried to revive my liver.

Easy $10k but one heck of a great experience.

Same, went to the 2015 GF with a bunch of friends, bought the AFL hospitality package for $950 each, sh!te seats and sh!te food but hey, got a selfie with Dyson Hepple and Nick Riewoldt. Bought the tickets in round 7 when it looked like Freo were all over it, but ended up seeing WCE get absolutely demolished by Hawks. Flights, accom in a South Yarra airbnb, went to the Footy Show grand final show on the Thursday night (KISS!), went to the parade then toured the rooftop bars on Friday, GF on the Saturday, toured all the bars of St Kilda on the Sunday, then came home and tried to revive my liver.

So, worth every cent then?

I went in 2015, bought the airfares and accommodation in December 2014, total cost with AFL package ticket $2,500..bargain.
Very nervous at preliminary final time when the prospect of a Derby grand final was very real, my worst nightmare.
As it turned out, best time ever.

I went in 2015, bought the airfares and accommodation in December 2014, total cost with AFL package ticket $2,500..bargain.
Very nervous at preliminary final time when the prospect of a Derby grand final was very real, my worst nightmare.
As it turned out, best time ever.
I went in 2018 ☺️. Mate is an Eagles noteholder so got a category 1 ticket for $400. Free flights with velocity points (booked round 12 after beating the pies at the G so still cheap) and stayed in am Airbnb in Collingwood. Would have cost under $3k for me and my wife for 5 days.

Would never have done it if I had to pay for a package to get a ticket.

Nostalgia day in the Perth thread with people reminiscing about travelling to Melbourne to watch WA teams in the GF...

not quite - I travelled to Melbourne to watch the hawks, dead set favourites get humbled by Sydney. It was a painful, expensive experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back