Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS RD 11 v SYDNEY

Three Chumps ... And we have a new leader!

I'm shattered by the result and the injuries but there was a lot to like about that performance. It was almost a Mark-Down-This-Day-Doggies-Fans type of performance. The future is now not so bleak, especially if Naughton's ACL is OK.

1716475277000.png

Carryover Teams and Substitutes

There were 12 carryover teams but none of them needed a sub. The only sub required was for RandomDog who somehow plucked out James O'Donnell as a likely goalkicker. Happily RDog got Harmes (18) as the sub ... and naturally sends his best wishes to JOD for a speedy recovery.

The KELVIN

There were three chumps tonight. ossie_21 and Northern Dogs had identical teams and scored 114 (including a bonus of 32) but the Kelvin-winning Chump went to Boyd oh Boyd (205) who snagged 147 points plus a 58 point bonus with JUH-West-VDM-Gags-Garcia. Well played sir! That gave him a massive 76 point win over Bont2Bruce (129) and RandomDog (118) who fluked registered his second podium finish in the last three games.

There were six scores over 100. Average score was 65.26 and the median was 64.

A few teams had bad luck with those injuries tonight but none so wretched as jaxie1 (0) who had 3x Richards and 2x Scott. :poo:

1716473731065.png

The PIEMAN

Well we had to wait 10 weeks but chez_ferret has finally been toppled from the top of the leaderboard. Yes, ossie_21 has just stuck his nose in front and holds a 4 point lead over the ferret. TiAn_ made some tiny gains and is only 5 points further back. So only 9 points covers the top three. Boyd oh Boyd leapt from 23rd to 8th with his huge win this week.

1716474379251.png

Pieman Player of the Week

Naturally it was Garcia who took out PPotW with his two classy goals. And nice to see Marra back in some form. He came second.

The highest possible score was a 3x Garcia and a 2x Jamarra. It would have returned you 222 points.
The highest possible Chump was 215 (154+61) for Garcia-JUH-Gallagher-English-VDM ... and that's almost what this week's Kelvin winner had.

1716474853922.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Not much change at the top of the leaderboard but lower down JUH and Garcia are making their move. A nice even spread across the top 10 or so.

1716475106484.png

New rule for next year. Every point West kicks is worth 3…..actually, better still posters are worth 3.

You reckon Jaxie had it bad….at least Richard’s played more than 5 minutes and had a chance to score a goal.

I’m cursed this year I swear
Maybe there’s a pie winners curse I noticed over half of pieman winners are below average therefore I’m suggesting a misere prize for the player who finished last starting about 2 3rds of the season when there is no chance of winning or even getting close perhaps 🤔 an image of sauce down the front of a shirt your thoughts. D W. thanks for the sympathy for injured players.

Maybe there’s a pie winners curse I noticed over half of pieman winners are below average therefore I’m suggesting a misere prize for the player who finished last starting about 2 3rds of the season when there is no chance of winning or even getting close perhaps 🤔 an image of sauce down the front of a shirt your thoughts. D W. thanks for the sympathy for injured players.
:eek: I hope you're not suggesting I should encourage mediocrity Jax!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back